+ Reply to Thread
Page 683 of 726 FirstFirst ... 183 583 633 673 681 682 683 684 685 693 ... LastLast
Results 17,051 to 17,075 of 18126

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    We used to have a throad, somewhere regarding the best places to visit in some cities.
    I cant find it anywhere.

Waiting for the booking confirmation from my company, but next week i am very likely to spend a few days in London for work. I wont be able to do some visiting during the day (I probably wont even attempt to visit my contact at Hodder as I wont have the time), but maybe there are some interesting places opened on evenings?
    It's been a good few years since I didnt go to London...

Cannot wait to see that sunny rain
    I think it was called: "Tell me where to go" or something like that. I think it was for bookstores in other cities.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606. (could just trade limitation sheets).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    We used to have a throad, somewhere regarding the best places to visit in some cities.
    I cant find it anywhere.

Waiting for the booking confirmation from my company, but next week i am very likely to spend a few days in London for work. I wont be able to do some visiting during the day (I probably wont even attempt to visit my contact at Hodder as I wont have the time), but maybe there are some interesting places opened on evenings?
    It's been a good few years since I didnt go to London...

Cannot wait to see that sunny rain
    I think it was called: "Tell me where to go" or something like that. I think it was for bookstores in other cities.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/....-in-your-area.
    “It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A fellow Australian collector took this photo while visiting a Barnes and Noble store in New York, 1990. Stephen King remaindered hardcovers. IT down to $6.98. And I'm getting woozy imagining the condition of those EOTD DJ's....

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! To step back in time....
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Manni Folken zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing.

Great Pumpkin Believer Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky has much to be proud of Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look at those beautiful, beautiful books.

One of the many reasons why time travel needs to exist.

Linus:
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you get a non-green chicklet for Rep, does that mean it's negative?
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I received confirmation of one of the actors that will be present in the 2nd part of IT. Can't share anything yet, but it shows there's a lot more money for this second part.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

D.F.T.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Don't Forget The FUNDRAISER!!!!!!
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is a jewel in the rough Fsmdr is a jewel in the rough Fsmdr is a jewel in the rough Fsmdr is a jewel in the rough Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    A fellow Australian collector took this photo while visiting a Barnes and Noble store in New York, 1990. Stephen King remaindered hardcovers. IT down to $6.98. And I'm getting woozy imagining the condition of those EOTD DJ's....

Wow...Bachman Books 1st for $3.98 !!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    Lettered Misery
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Best Of CD S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure where to post this so I'll just stick it here. My cousin does beautiful woodwork so I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

Kathleen Kaderabek Pyrograher/Woodworker

Oy's Bitch ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy is a splendid one to behold ICry4Oy's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not sure where to post this so I'll just stick it here. My cousin does beautiful woodwork so I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

Her work is beautiful! ...for those who don't Facebook, this is her etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/othernamesweretaken

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but just popped into mind. Funny how the movie adaptation of Misery chose to use the mallet instead of the Ax, and the movie adaptation of The Shining used the Ax instead of the Mallet. Topsy Turvy.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Her work is beautiful! ...for those who don't Facebook, this is her etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/othernamesweretaken
    That's very nice !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random thoughts : was there ever any explainations / presentations about the music video of LAND OF CONFUSION by GENESIS, about why there are celebs as puppets, including Steve?
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Random thoughts : was there ever any explainations / presentations about the music video of LAND OF CONFUSION by GENESIS, about why there are celebs as puppets, including Steve?
    The puppets were from a 1980s UK sketch show called Spitting Image.
    “It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands! Here’s one explanation on the video...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...andOfConfusion

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Thanks for sharing the etsy page. I didn't even realize she had one lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but just popped into mind. Funny how the movie adaptation of Misery chose to use the mallet instead of the Ax, and the movie adaptation of The Shining used the Ax instead of the Mallet. Topsy Turvy.
    Although technically, I believed Annie used a sledge in the movie. Man, that hurt watching that! My ankles were sore for weeks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands! Here’s one explanation on the video...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...andOfConfusion
    Great cover by Disturbed IMO:

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme has a brilliant future Sir_Boomme's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

UGH! yet another bomb just exploded here in Austin and another person hurt... that makes 7 bombs since March 2 ... 4 in the last two days (three that went off, one that didn't).
    The first bomb was about a mile from my house... Monday's was near my work.

I hope they catch this motherfucker soon and string him up by his balls from the Texas capital, skin him alive, pour salt all over him... let him hang in the Texas sun for a couple of days... then shove a funnel up his ass and pour hot cooking oil up his ass and fry him from inside out.

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds reasonable to me . Stay safe out there all your Austin folks.

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

As a collector, why do I feel the need to own every single goddam book written by an author I like? I should be able to contain myself to just collecting the books I enjoyed reading, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    UGH! yet another bomb just exploded here in Austin and another person hurt... that makes 7 bombs since March 2 ... 4 in the last two days (three that went off, one that didn't).
    The first bomb was about a mile from my house... Monday's was near my work.

I hope they catch this motherfucker soon and string him up by his balls from the Texas capital, skin him alive, pour salt all over him... let him hang in the Texas sun for a couple of days... then shove a funnel up his ass and pour hot cooking oil up his ass and fry him from inside out.
    Once he is fried can we feed him the sharks like Bin Laden

Demon of the Prim Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb is just really nice Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    As a collector, why do I feel the need to own every single goddam book written by an author I like? I should be able to contain myself to just collecting the books I enjoyed reading, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahaha... no! And I believe you are in the wring place for control of your darkest desire...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 683 of 726 FirstFirst ... 183 583 633 673 681 682 683 684 685 693 ... LastLast