Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 680 of 972 FirstFirst ... 180 580 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 730 780 ... LastLast
Results 16,976 to 17,000 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

"Book packed well"

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    "Book packed well"

Mulleins
    I can tell ya; after purchasing a lot of comics off eBay of late, those folks take pride in condition and packaging. Sad a lot of the book selling community on there doesn't.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    "Book packed well"

Mulleins

In an old cereal box.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Took a pic of the Blue Moon/Red Moon during full eclipse this morning.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all Eagles fans from a sad Patriots fan (cmon, I'm from CT).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to downloading the Kindle for PC this morning onto my new laptop. I got a pleasant surprise when all the books I had bought earlier were also downloaded. I sure didn't expect that.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting ready to board a flight to Los Cabos Mexico.
    Woo hoo

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay random bitch of the day:
    Every time I read a DRP newsletter I always find something in there that makes me wonder how they are still in business. Today's blunder was what sounded like a good deal of buy a DT2 Drawing of the Three 1/1 and preorder sleeping beauties and you get CD's The Shining free. Sounds awesome, if you buy a $75 - $100 book if signed, maybe $50 if not since Grant (finally) sold out, and a face value pre-order, then they ship you a $95 book for free. EXCEPT, they upmark the DT2 to $240 for a non signed first... that is almost 5x the value of the book, almost $200 over to account for a $95 book. That said a normal press would upmark so I could expect to pay 75 - 100 for the book. that is still 140 - 165 over the normal price to cover a $95 book....

Okay end rant

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Okay random bitch of the day:
    Every time I read a DRP newsletter I always find something in there that makes me wonder how they are still in business. Today's blunder was what sounded like a good deal of buy a DT2 Drawing of the Three 1/1 and preorder sleeping beauties and you get CD's The Shining free. Sounds awesome, if you buy a $75 - $100 book if signed, maybe $50 if not since Grant (finally) sold out, and a face value pre-order, then they ship you a $95 book for free. EXCEPT, they upmark the DT2 to $240 for a non signed first... that is almost 5x the value of the book, almost $200 over to account for a $95 book. That said a normal press would upmark so I could expect to pay 75 - 100 for the book. that is still 140 - 165 over the normal price to cover a $95 book....

Okay end rant
    Oh I'm with ya, Josh. It's always interesting to see what the "Catch of the Day" will be. And don't forget to tip at checkout
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So what is DRP
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So what is DRP
    Dark Regions Press

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just enjoying one of my favorite beers while in Cabo San Lucas.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

RF, you need to stop pushing yourself - unwind, for God's sake.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Every time I read a DRP newsletter I always find something in there that makes me wonder how they are still in business.
    Seriously! They are more of an over-priced re-seller than a publisher at this point. And even their publishing practices are shady - doing Kickstarters to fund books and not printing them if they can't get enough payments up front. And it's a bit of a shame because they can do a decent S/L when they want. For example, they are publishing some Richard Laymon S/L books that are priced nicely and have pretty good production values. But they are going at a pace of about one per year.

Also, I won a $200 gift certificate in the first round of their book collecting contest, and it's impossible to spend. If the item is reasonably priced, they don't take gift certificates. If they do take gift certificates, the item is ridiculously priced and using the gift certificate just takes it down to the price you'd find at any other book seller. Given how skeptical I am that they will stay in business much longer, I really want to use it. I think it says something pretty damning when I want to spend $200 on their site and can't find a single thing I'm interested in...

Maybe I'll put it up for sale and see if someone wants to take it off my hands...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally think thar Jerome takes too much holidays.
    Aren't americans famous for only having a basic right of 2 weeks off a year?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    He's a 1 percenter. Rule doesn't apply to him.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's no "right" to vacation time here, although there are some laws about sick time.

Here, vacation time can be thought of as part of compensation; the better you are at what you do, the more you might command, and some employers automatically increase vacation time as length of service increases. It isn't limited to that, though; any company that wants to be thought of as a decent employer has to give a good benefits package, a significant part of which would be vacation time. So, Americans are guaranteed nothing, but can find it.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think we are more famous for earning vacation time and then never using it because we are so "busy".
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What kind of code do you write, Iwritecode? I ask because I am also in Northern Illinois and I also write code (statistical code in R).

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    What kind of code do you write, Iwritecode? I ask because I am also in Northern Illinois and I also write code (statistical code in R).
    I spent the first 15 years of my career doing mostly mainframe programming. COBOL, PL/1 and some NATURAL. Then I changed jobs and for the last 3 years I've been learning/writing in VB.net, SQL and Crystal Reports.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I spent the first 15 years of my career doing mostly mainframe programming. COBOL, PL/1 and some NATURAL. Then I changed jobs and for the last 3 years I've been learning/writing in VB.net, SQL and Crystal Reports.
    Crystal Meth?...no no Crystal Reports...lol...I could't resist....you speak a language that I have ZERO clue about.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Gross... I didn't know anyone used crystal reports anymore.

That said same for R. I used that in college and haven't looked at it since.

I've been almost purely front end for the last 4 years (JavaScript, angular, html, etc) but delve into SQL and such when I need to.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, so you guys are really coders. I am more of a statistician who codes.

For serious statistical work there are only a few options, and the biggest choice is between proprietary languages (like SAS) and open source languages (like R). If you want to use the most up-to-date methods, like techniques that came out in statistical journals within the past 12 months, you pretty much have to use something open source. The proprietary languages have the advantage of being well tested and as close to bug-free as possible, but all of that testing and development means that if someone comes up with a cool technique tomorrow, you generally wouldn't be able to implement it in SAS until 2019.

I think everyone has to at least dabble in SQL but to be honest I've never even heard of Crystal Reports. And all the back end stuff is total gobbledegook to me!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Been a few years since I used Crystal Reports, not too many fond memories of that one.
    I'm a (lapsed) certified SQL Admin, skilled in VB, VB.net C# and these days mainly Swift and Java. (I'm a mobile specialist)

I now work for a company that specialises in 'no-code' development (it's all Model driven) - 5 year's ago, I would have scoffed, but it works really well.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty rough world when the Frech tell you that you take too much vacation time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 680 of 972 FirstFirst ... 180 580 630 670 678 679 680 681 682 690 730 780 ... LastLast