Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 662 of 972 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 ... LastLast
Results 16,526 to 16,550 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Well, you know my response. Get a Mac. You won't look back. The Air starts at $999.
    I'd sure like to, Paul but really can't afford to spend that kinda coin
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Well, you know my response. Get a Mac. You won't look back. The Air starts at $999.
    I'd sure like to, Paul but really can't afford to spend that kinda coin
    Ah bummer. Okay.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get a small laptop with 32-64go but no more. That will be plenty for the use, but still allow you to put some movies etc on it if needed.
    I believe that those starts at about 300-350€ or so.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Get a small laptop with 32-64go but no more. That will be plenty for the use, but still allow you to put some movies etc on it if needed.
    I believe that those starts at about 300-350€ or so.
    Thanks, Jeremy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, gang. I'll be working out of town for the next 3 months with the occasional trip back home. I'm wanting to purchase a laptop (I currently don't own one and kick it old school with my desktop) for the time away. Not looking to break the bank and I don't need anything fancy. Just need a machine for checking email and web surfing (and my allotted 12 hours I spend at TDT.org daily ). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Just saw a decent one at Costco, less than 275

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hi, gang. I'll be working out of town for the next 3 months with the occasional trip back home. I'm wanting to purchase a laptop (I currently don't own one and kick it old school with my desktop) for the time away. Not looking to break the bank and I don't need anything fancy. Just need a machine for checking email and web surfing (and my allotted 12 hours I spend at TDT.org daily ). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Just saw a decent one at Costco, less than 275
    Thanks, Cook.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We've been served well by the last couple Asus laptops that we've had. Cheap, durable (with reasonable care), runs well, etc. Well enough that when the ones we have fail, we'll probably start with that brand to replace.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    We've been served well by the last couple Asus laptops that we've had. Cheap, durable (with reasonable care), runs well, etc. Well enough that when the ones we have fail, we'll probably start with that brand to replace.
    Thanks, Seth.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try a tablet. Combine the tablet with a bluetooth keyboard, and add a mouse. A few hundred bucks total and much smaller than a laptop, yet substantially bigger than a phone. there is a nice Samsung with 32 gigs of memory, and a ~10" screen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Try a tablet. Combine the tablet with a bluetooth keyboard, and add a mouse. A few hundred bucks total and much smaller than a laptop, yet substantially bigger than a phone. there is a nice Samsung with 32 gigs of memory, and a ~10" screen.
    Thanks, RF. Something to consider.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday was our 30th wedding anniversary (Pearl for whatever reason). The wife and I are staying on the Pacific Coast where we love to go.
    78 degrees, 50% humidity (tropical) and a 5mph breeze.

Ugly old man and nice looking woman:

Drop off right behind us. Yes you can walk all the way down. Slippery as hell, but been done.

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jerome and congrats! We boys always marry up

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jerome! Best wishes. The Pacific coast is one very magical place!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the Anniversary!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats RF!!! That is an impressive time for someone to put up with you!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read the Dark Regions Press Newsletter and wanted to vent. They ordered 10 copies of the CD Sleeping Beauties and instead of offering them like a nice normal press instead you are required to buy $100 or $1000 of their products before you are allowed to email them in hopes that one is still available. Seems kinda shitty to me but to each their own.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just read the Dark Regions Press Newsletter and wanted to vent. They ordered 10 copies of the CD Sleeping Beauties and instead of offering them like a nice normal press instead you are required to buy $100 or $1000 of their products before you are allowed to email them in hopes that one is still available. Seems kinda shitty to me but to each their own.
    I saw that too.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blanking Harvey

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you or anyone of our Texas members needs anything, please ask. What's mine is yours.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be in and around York, England from 10 - 19 September if anybody is up in that area. Got hit up for a 3-day conference and then going to take 5 days for myself just to putter around and see the place. Haven't been to the UK in about 10 years, and never the York area. Am making mandatory trip to Liverpool, but otherwise no set plans after the 14th.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'm going to be in and around York, England from 10 - 19 September if anybody is up in that area. Got hit up for a 3-day conference and then going to take 5 days for myself just to putter around and see the place. Haven't been to the UK in about 10 years, and never the York area. Am making mandatory trip to Liverpool, but otherwise no set plans after the 14th.
    The Shambles is cool to see. It's quick stop but cool. There are also Roman ruins under York Minster.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    The Shambles is cool to see. It's quick stop but cool. There are also Roman ruins under York Minster.

There's also the yok book fair during your stay. Biggest fair in the country, you may enjoy a visit.

15th and 16th Sept

http://www.yorkbookfair.com/

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There's also the york book fair during your stay. Biggest fair in the country, you may enjoy a visit.

15th and 16th Sept

http://www.yorkbookfair.com/
    The Shambles and York Minster are on the visit list and will be walking distance. Great info on the book fair, that is also now on the list! Also thinking about heading up and hiking part of Hadrian's Wall between Newcastle-on-Tyne and Carlisle (I'm a big Roman history guy). Was also hoping to hit up some abandoned (or not) WWII airfields.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

still got buffing, striping, bumpers, grill taillight bezels to paint, and all reassembly.... but we have PURPLE!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So thanks to Shaq it looks like I'll likely be attending the "the largest, and many say friendliest, rare, antiquarian & out-of-print book fair in the U.K." next weekend. I just cruised the website and saw that Hyraxia is one of the 220+ exhibitors, and they have several catalogs loaded up ... all of the vendors have catalogs loaded up.

If you're interested in me perhaps negotiating a purchase for you and hand-carrying back to the U.S., go over and browse http://www.yorkbookfair.com/exhibitors/ or www.yorkbookfair.com/catalogues to see what everyone has to offer. PM me and we can work out the details.

George

+ Reply to Thread
Page 662 of 972 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 ... LastLast