Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 657 of 971 FirstFirst ... 157 557 607 647 655 656 657 658 659 667 707 757 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,425 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Back to random:

Aerosmith's Young Lust is clearly superior to Pink Floyd's Young Lust.

That is all.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I cannot find very good information on why Fish and Chicken are directly bad for you. I see some commentary regarding the mercury in fish (and wide variety of fats dependent on fish type) and commentary on added sodium to chicken. What I haven't seen/read is the medical correlations that they have found with red meat.

Anyone out there know why all meats are grouped together as being "bad" compared to an all vegetable diet?
    There have been peer reviewed studies regarding the negative effects of animal protein. Fish and chicken provide animal protein. They are also generally not humanely raised or harvested.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Back to random:

That is all.
    Even if you had not included "Young Lust" in that sentence, you still would have been correct.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Back to random:

That is all.
    Even if you had not included "Young Lust" in that sentence, you still would have been correct.
    Shots fired...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Back to random:

That is all.
    You sir are crazy.... Pink Floyd is far superior to Aerosmith. That said I just cannot stand Steven Tyler. He has such a whiny voice.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    On my way to the store for rib eye....
    Gee, and people call vegetarians assholes.
    Christ on a cracker, I guess I should have used a smiley. I have friends who are vegans, paleos, ketos, omnivores and cannibals (kidding!). We'll be out eating and I will look at their crunchy veggie meal and tell 'em "needs meat". They see me cutting my steak and pretend to cry. We laugh and have a few drinks and that's that.

By the way, I grew up hunting and fishing in Mississippi. We lived and worked hard on a 13 acre vegetable farm. I've eaten everything we grew and everything that lived in the deep deep woods around us.

I was simply, lightheartedly, pointing out that you guys were making me hungry.

I guess what my sister told me when I was a wee lad was right - fuck 'em if they can't take a joke".
    Just how old & attractive is you'r sister? Before I decide if I can take a joke or not!

The man asked his wife...Why did you sleep with the Mailman & then give him some money for xmas?
    She told him... I asked you What should I give the Mailman? & you told me....
    Spoiler:
    FUCK'EM! GIVE HIM A $1.00.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Just how old & attractive is you'r sister? Before I decide if I can take a joke or not!

Sad to say she died in 2009. ....but if you're really into that, I guess I could arrange things! It is a Stephen King forum after all.....

I don't believe King has gone as far as necrophilia..(PET SEMATARY?).so I think I will pass.
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I prefer Floyd to 'smith, but even I could make the case for Aerosmith being the best meat and potatoes (no offense to the veggie people earlier in the thread) American rock band - I've got nothing to say against them.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I don't believe King has gone as far as necrophilia..(PET SEMATARY?).so I think I will pass.
    Spoiler:
    He did in Under the Dome.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Back to random:

That is all.
    Wrong wrong wrong. Well that's my very clear and logical argument put forward.

I do like them both, just floyds a lot more

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Back to random:

That is all.
    Wrong wrong wrong. Well that's my very clear and logical argument put forward.

I do like them both, just floyds a lot more
    In my quest to see artists in the R&R Hall of Fame, I saw Roger Waters in concert last week. I never was a really big fan, but do enjoy some of Pink Floyd's music. After the concert, I am less of a fan. Obviously their songs are political, but I thought the show was over the top. He hates Trump. Fine. But don't obsess over it during multiple songs.

I saw Aerosmith about 4 years ago, and the energy level from Steven Tyler was awesome. I was right at the end of the catwalk. He spent nearly the entire show on the catwalk and was so appreciative of the fans.

Next up in my quest is Guns n Roses in a few months. Ticket prices were ridiculously high, but I thought nosebleed seats were worth it for a 3 hour show.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I saw Waters in the mid 2000s (2006?) - nice show, did all of Dark Side, some solo stuff I like (Amused To Death is a hell of an album), and other good stuff. He does seem to have gotten even more political since then.

I've seen Aerosmith 3 times; they did not disappoint.

(For the record, I've seen Pink Floyd (after Waters left) 5 times).

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen Aerosmith at donington in 1990, very good. Jimmy Paige joined them

Pink floyd with gilmour leading, and roger waters the wall live. Both amazing concerts too.

Some very fortunate people here, seeing these guys

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'd like to go vegetarian one day (especially since I've now been prescribed Lipitor ). The human body has evolved to handle both meat and plant. Our early ancestors eating meat is how we got here in the first place.

Sorry Vegans: Here's How Meat-Eating Made Us Human

But all the processing and additives in meat these days and also the evidence that eating meat and cheese reduces your life span is hard to argue against not to mention the philosophical arguments. Hopefully one day I can make the change.

Going Vegan is something else entirely. I know folks that won't use silk, honey, wool, (leather-bound books ) etc.

And Pink Floyd all the way! Love Aerosmith but Pink Floyd is just simply a part of me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Anyone out there (no pun intended) grabbing the upcoming Gilmour live album/package?

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Pink Floyd the 2 times that I was privileged to see them, all post-Barrett & Waters unfortunately, but since Wright's death and Gilmour's seeming ennui about playing PF songs, I'd much rather see Roger. I saw him 3 or 4 times before The Wall tour made things too expensive to see (even if it WAS an amazing tour). Yes, he is bloated with self-importance, but the man knows how to put on a R&R show.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's the internet. Don't have a thin skin. Things here are very sedate here. Perhaps even the slightest of humor is not welcome-but it should be.
    Should be stated as such in every ISP contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    But all the processing and additives in meat these days and also the evidence that eating meat and cheese reduces your life span is hard to argue against not to mention the philosophical arguments. Hopefully one day I can make the change. And Pink Floyd all the way! Love Aerosmith but Pink Floyd is just simply a part of me.
    You know I love ya, Tommy so I'm not singling you out here. I honestly don't get our obsession with increased lifespan. Boy, I know I want to live long enough to shit and piss myself and have no clue what or who or where I am. Awesome My sister-in-law's grandfather passed away earlier this year at 93 and wasn't in the condition I described above. He simply told his loved ones a few weeks before his body basically shut down, "Man, I'm tired. Can I just go home already"?! Home meaning Heaven in his case. The man was a devout Catholic. It also raised a topic of conversation between my Sis and I as to why is it so humane to put down our old, suffering pets and so inhumane to ease the suffering of some of our elderly. Huge box of worms there so, dive in! Well, except you Vegans. Unless worms aren't really meat and only a substitute
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    But all the processing and additives in meat these days and also the evidence that eating meat and cheese reduces your life span is hard to argue against not to mention the philosophical arguments. Hopefully one day I can make the change. And Pink Floyd all the way! Love Aerosmith but Pink Floyd is just simply a part of me.
    You know I love ya, Tommy so I'm not singling you out here. I honestly don't get our obsession with increased lifespan. Boy, I know I want to live long enough to shit and piss myself and have no clue what or who or where I am. Awesome My sister-in-law's grandfather passed away earlier this year at 93 and wasn't in the condition I described above. He simply told his loved ones a few weeks before his body basically shut down, "Man, I'm tired. Can I just go home already"?! Home meaning Heaven in his case. The man was a devout Catholic. It also raised a topic of conversation between my Sis and I as to why is it so humane to put down our old, suffering pets and so inhumane to ease the suffering of some of our elderly. Huge box of worms there so, dive in! Well, except you Vegans. Unless worms aren't really meat and only a substitute
    I hear this argument a lot actually. My father would say this and he died at 59 from a massive heart attack (mostly due to his life-long poor diet habits). I wish I had had more time with him because I was just 19. There is something in what you say because meat and cheese definitely make people happy and without it they aren't so happy any more and what is life if we are not happy at least a little bit of the time. I just need to live long enough for GRRM to finish GoT already!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hear this argument a lot actually. My father would say this and he died at 59 from a massive heart attack. I wish I had had more time with him because I was just 19 at the time. There is something in what you say because meat and cheese definitely make people happy and without it they aren't so happy any more and what is life if we are not happy at least a little bit of the time. I just need to live long enough for GRRM to finish GoT already!!
    Same thing that got my old man, brother back in '05. That GRRM quote is priceless
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gutted. With the exception of a few, it appears the overwhelming tide of reviews think The Dark Tower movie is a giant, steaming turd...

Of course, I'm still booked to see it...

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Gutted. With the exception of a few, it appears the overwhelming tide of reviews think The Dark Tower movie is a giant, streaming turd...

Of course, I'm still booked to see it...
    meh. I just got home from it. It kinda makes a mess of the chronicle, glossing over quickly some pretty major sequences from the books. I bought into Elba as Roland pretty quickly, I wasn't quite as sold with McConaughey unfortunately. Not particularly menacing, nor with the strange sense of humor.

Country
    Country Flag

....AND I was just watching the Queen Of The South episode that aired tonight (8/3) and see that I'm fairly featured (for an extra) in the DEA scene at the 12 to 14 minute mark. I'm the DEA Technician with the headphones. (EDIT: and again in the club scene at 46 minutes in glasses on the dance floor. That was one LONG night of filming!). I was also in last weeks episode, though not quite as up front as tonights. I'll be in various places throughout the rest of the season too. It was quite a lot of fun (though not much money).

I spent a day on the pilot episode of the coming Marvel's The Gifted on Fox this fall, but I rather doubt that you will recognize me in that one.

Country
    Country Flag

LOL! That's me using my mad dancing skillz! I was afraid they were going to bounce back to the DEA station at the same time, where I ALSO very likely would have been. Thanks for the screen grabs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 657 of 971 FirstFirst ... 157 557 607 647 655 656 657 658 659 667 707 757 ... LastLast