Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 971 FirstFirst ... 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 728 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,700 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This is a drainage issue. The potable water is already corrected and has been run overhead. The drain in question is connecting to some very old lines and I've had this discussion with my plumber. Sadly the cost to run this out directly to the city sewer and bypass the old plumbing is substantial. The insurance is being very adamant that they will not cover any trenching work because my main sewer line hasn't been proving to be bad. The sad thing is we bought this house specifically (and went up in price) because of the new kitchen. With our deductible and what the insurance is (hopefully) covering we will probably have to replace whatever parts of the kitchen which get damaged with downgraded materials.

The great thing is that me and my wife appreciate nicer things but we can live without them. We never had granite or nice cabinets or nice flooring in our 20 years together (until this house) and replacing the nice stuff with just functional stuff will be okay. It is disappointing and frustrating though.

I'm just ready to have the work done. The kitchen sink is the only sink in the house deep enough to handle dish washing and we have been using it and draining into a bucket under the sink. What a pain! Wash and let water out...carry bucket outside and dump it, bring it back in and then rinse...carry the bucket back outside and dump it.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Looking at removing a three month old kitchen, chipping out slab, and repairing some pipes. Not exactly what I have in the budget for home maintenance. Glad to be a homeowner again but this truly sucks.
    If the pipes failed under one part of the slab, they will fail everywhere.

You are better off running new lines for the whole house through the attic.
    There should be no damage to your kitchen. A competent cabinet installer should be able to uninstall and reinstall everything. The granite can remain in place. I do this all of the time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My editor sent a copies of my book to some of the people involved somehow. Of course Stephen King got a copy (two, actually), reviewers, collaborators and people that might influence somehow.

From my side I sent a copy to Andrés Muschietti, director of the new adaptation of IT. I got a message from him yesterday (it's in Spanish since he's an Argentinean)

It says:

"Ariel!! Thanks for the book! And thanks for the publication of it and the general deed regarding the King world. We're currently editing and the movie is going really great. Still halfway with visual effects and general postproduction."

It made my day
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Ari! Bummer, Kris.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Ari!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    My editor sent a copies of my book to some of the people involved somehow. Of course Stephen King got a copy (two, actually), reviewers, collaborators and people that might influence somehow.

From my side I sent a copy to Andrés Muschietti, director of the new adaptation of IT. I got a message from him yesterday (it's in Spanish since he's an Argentinean)

It says:

"Ariel!! Thanks for the book! And thanks for the publication of it and the general deed regarding the King world. We're currently editing and the movie is going really great. Still halfway with visual effects and general postproduction."

It made my day
    That is so cool Ari. Man... I hope he kills it and the movie rocks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

BREAKING NEWS! Just found out that my firm closed its equity research unit this afternoon in a 2 minute conference call....small ray of hope, was told they MIGHT have a need for my Supervisory Analyst role on the Fixed Income side of the business. Waiting for the head dude to call me next minutes...If goes badly, I'll be out of a "real" job. If good, I may still be employed but I might get asked to work DAYS and maybe even commute into NYC again....Wish me luck.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

LUCK!!!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sending good thoughts your way, David. Good luck!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Wishing you best of luck and positive thoughts!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wishing you luck buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck David..! Let us know how it goes

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wishing you good luck, David!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, pretty bad news overall....Firm has kept Fixed Income unit and a lone equity analyst covering banking (some crossover biz expected from him + fixed income). I essentially have been laid off with the rest of the equity people but they are retaining me only on a contractual basis for a bit to meet the regulatory needs of this lone analyst.....he may not even stay at the firm given everyone else is gone. So details are still sketchy, but it looks like I'm out of a permanent job and have been retained on an hourly basis to help this one guy.

I'm 57 years old now....I was 50 years old last (and only) time I was laid off and finding a new job was bitch tough then, can only imagine now, but seems those are the cards I have been dealt. Keeping a positive attitude here but I see VERY tough/bumpy roads ahead. I know (have seen) others here lose jobs/struggle/regain their footing and I will do the same, but not knowing the path you are on is a bit unsettling. Not jumping to ANY conclusions, but trying to balance finding a real job to support my family and keeping on top of Betts will be quite a bit more challenging. Before anyone suggests it, Betts cannot be big enough to support my family here in the Northeast, unless my profits more than tripled which would entail being able to sell same volume at triple the prices which just ain't gonna happen...it is a WONDERFUL labor of love (and profitable) but no where near the levels I need to sustain a family of 5.

Well, I've been here before, reinvented myself once already and been successful...am positive mentally, know I have people's support and patience....will be moving ahead cause looking behind does no good at all. Still more data to gather too. Appreciate everyone's well wishes and support. I'll keep you posted.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck David. As you know, when one door closes another one opens. Sometimes change is a good thing and maybe it's just time to move on to something new. All the best.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish you well David. It sounds like you are excellent at what you do, and your optimistic frame of mind will make all the difference. As Paul says, endings are new beginnings. I'm keen to see how where your new adventure lands you 12 months from now. All the best.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can completely feel your pain, David. I've been laid off 3 times in 3 years from the same job. But fortunately for me, I'm always able to return, just always a matter of when and how much work when I do. It will improve greatly as I become higher in tenure but man, it sure sucks presently.

I wish you and yours all the best. You are truly one of the best here and from talking to you via phone a few times, I can hear the patience, respect, honor, and passion you have for your fellow collector and side business that you run for both yourself and us. I think I speak for us all when I say we truly appreciate that! A thing that is becoming more rare these days.

You'll be an awesome asset wherever you land and they'll be lucky to have ya.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is horrible... I am sorry to hear this David Thoughts with you brother.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly horrible news-good luck David-I hope the search goes faster this time.
    My wife's company has laid off over 500 people since August. Her boss and boss's boss were fired then. She has been luck so far but every day you wonder if it will be her turn.
    Good luck!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what it's like to have an unclear financial future and it is uncomfortable to say the least. I'm sure you will persevere though. Best of luck David!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A very bad news indeed but let's hope you find something great very soon this time! All the best luck from here.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys heard that Scribner will be doing a TPB release of Creepshow due out in May? Supposedly with new cover art.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Have you guys heard that Scribner will be doing a TPB release of Creepshow due out in May? Supposedly with new cover art.
    Yes I saw that. You can preorder it at Amazon.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yes I saw that. You can preorder it at Amazon.
    Sweet! Thanks, Paul! Only $11.71 with Prime too. Got the first shipment in btw, thanks! I'm pretty sure you mailed 'em both the same day. Go figure they wouldn't arrive on the same day :/. The other one is slated for delivery on Monday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 628 of 971 FirstFirst ... 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 728 ... LastLast