Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 594 of 972 FirstFirst ... 94 494 544 584 592 593 594 595 596 604 644 694 ... LastLast
Results 14,826 to 14,850 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been a very exciting last few months for me. In August I got engaged, planning for a wedding next June. I am saving up for a down payment on a house and going to try to move soon after the wedding. AND I just got an offer for a new job doubling my salary and allowing me to work from home out of the cube farm life. It's amazing how quickly your life can shift...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you! Ride the wave!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds just perfect!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Update to my AUTHOR X story from a month ago. AUTHOR X says he forgot to send the box of books, and will send it straight away. That was a month ago. I reminded/asked him about it last night, and his response? He unfriended/blocked me on Facebook.

I guess most people DON'T want to do the right thing. A fucking shame.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then out the author.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    This has been a very exciting last few months for me. In August I got engaged, planning for a wedding next June. I am saving up for a down payment on a house and going to try to move soon after the wedding. AND I just got an offer for a new job doubling my salary and allowing me to work from home out of the cube farm life. It's amazing how quickly your life can shift...
    Great to hear some good news for a change. Way to go!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hear hear! The Trifecta. Congrats

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good for you, Josh! WTG!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    WHAT HE SAID! WOW!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Then out the author.
    100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good for you! Ride the wave!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That sounds just perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Hear hear! The Trifecta. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

WHAT HE SAID! WOW!
    Thanks guys I appreciate the well wishes!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Update to my AUTHOR X story from a month ago. AUTHOR X says he forgot to send the box of books, and will send it straight away. That was a month ago. I reminded/asked him about it last night, and his response? He unfriended/blocked me on Facebook.

I guess most people DON'T want to do the right thing. A fucking shame.
    Outing the author is a no-brainer.

Since you paid him for a story, I would publish that too. It's yours.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, here's the thing, as I mentioned in the earlier posts, it's not really the author's fault.

We talked, he wanted $300, I gave him $1,000, for various reasons. He submitted the story, it was great, the company closed, and I told him that we're good, it's my fault. So, that should have been that.

But, then I got to thinking, I'm out $1,000 with nothing to show for it, so I asked him (very petty and unprofessionally in my opinion, but fuck it, at this point I'm not a publishing company, I'm just a guy) if he would be ok with sending me some signed books so I can sort out at least a percentage of the imbalance, at least subconsciously. He said sure. And then ... nothing. And then a month later, I sort of poked him with the "Hey, if you haven't sent out the box yet, can I purchase a signed copy of NEW TITLE X from you and have you include it with the other books?" He said he forgot to send them out, and sure he'll include it. A month later, and nothing. I asked him one more time, and the next day he unfriended me.

Like I said, this author really doesn't HAVE to do ANYTHING, but I think it's a little shitty that he doesn't. I mean, I gave the guy over three times his asking price for a story, he later then RESOLD that same story to another anthology/magazine after we called it quits. The least he could do is send me $100 in books. I mean, I would.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but that author's being a selfish dicknose.

Country
    Country Flag

Scored some tix to one of my faves, playing a reasonably small venue here in Melbourne. And I'm (anxiously) waiting to hear whether we got front row tix Gunners in Feb.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a question for the collective:

I imagine its pretty safe to assume that all, or most here, are frequent readers. Not every book you read is collectible, so what do you do with a book when you are finished with it?
    There was a time that I would simply bring them in and trade at the local used book store, but there are just fewer and fewer of those around these days. I've accumulated too many books that are just taking up space in the corner and id like to find some good ways to pass them on. don't really need to make any money off them, but I can't just throw them away. Lately I've started to read a lot more e-books, but I just don't enjoy the experience as much as a with a physical copy.
    what to you do with your completed books? craigslist? library? salvation army?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I have a question for the collective:

I imagine its pretty safe to assume that all, or most here, are frequent readers. Not every book you read is collectible, so what do you do with a book when you are finished with it?
    There was a time that I would simply bring them in and trade at the local used book store, but there are just fewer and fewer of those around these days. I've accumulated too many books that are just taking up space in the corner and id like to find some good ways to pass them on. don't really need to make any money off them, but I can't just throw them away. Lately I've started to read a lot more e-books, but I just don't enjoy the experience as much as a with a physical copy.
    what to you do with your completed books? craigslist? library? salvation army?
    I started a program called "Pass the Read". When I finish a book, I surprise mail a friend the book with a slip of paper telling them to pass it on when they are done.

Last December, I ended up with one of my copies back from a person I've never heard of. Not sure how it got back to me, but thought that was really cool.

"Pass the Read"

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good afternoon Jim,
    I always pass my books onto the local Hospice. They normally have a library and also a shop to raise funds from book sales.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I donate them to our local library. They sell them for fairly cheap, but they keep the proceeds from the sale.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great ideas! I bet our VA hospital could use them.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've been getting most of my books from the library. Sometimes I have to wait a bit to get the book but that's no problem. There's always something to read.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the library! Every Monday I get an hour/hour and half in my local one. So I sit and re read SK until time for work calls around.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the library, and appreciate it very much, however they do not have access to many of the books I'm interested in. I've spent plenty of time requesting books only to hear back that due to lack of interest they will not be procuring it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I've been getting most of my books from the library. Sometimes I have to wait a bit to get the book but that's no problem. There's always something to read.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Matt. AKA Lot Guy. Your inbox is full, brother.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides CELL & Home Delivery, is there any other Stephen King stories with zombies?
    No other comes to mind...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 594 of 972 FirstFirst ... 94 494 544 584 592 593 594 595 596 604 644 694 ... LastLast