Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 593 of 971 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 591 592 593 594 595 603 643 693 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    That's a pretty sharp observation.
    I thought it was pretty clever .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My son says to me, "Funny how you use the most modern form of communication to collect one of the oldest".
    He's a wise kid, Brian!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    My son says to me, "Funny how you use the most modern form of communication to collect one of the oldest".
    He's a wise kid, Brian!
    Wise ass more like it, Alan LOL.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    He's a wise kid, Brian!
    Wise ass more like it, Alan LOL.
    Teenager, I'm guessing?

Country
    Country Flag

Close enough, Bob. He turned 21 back in June.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't even imagine my son being three years old yet, let alone 21! I expect the future to hold many wise-ass-isms though... and not necessarily in my favor!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bought my first Gibson today, a 2005 Les Paul Studio, Natural Wood ... ugly (I think), but phenomenal sound (which is what you buy it for) and great price, couldn't say no. I played some of the higher-end ones as well, but kept coming back to this beat-up used one. This makes 8 guitars in the house now ... which really means I should get serious and learn to play a lot better!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Bought my first Gibson today, a 2005 Les Paul Studio, Natural Wood ... ugly (I think), but phenomenal sound (which is what you buy it for) and great price, couldn't say no. I played some of the higher-end ones as well, but kept coming back to this beat-up used one. This makes 8 guitars in the house now ... which really means I should get serious and learn to play a lot better!

What's with the tiny pictures?

That's a nice guitar. It just needs a little love.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My neighbor just built a Whamola by himself. He still needs some practice playing it, but I think it's pretty cool.

Likes and (hopefully) positive comments on YouTube are encouraged. I'm "Constant Reader."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What's with the tiny pictures?

That's a nice guitar. It just needs a little love.
    Yeah, I don't know what's with the tiny pictures. Posted a first set, they were small, re-saved at three times the size, still small. Thanks for the enlargement. Spent the past few hours taking it apart and cleaning it up; bought it at a guitar shop I go to, but they only tune it up, they don't deep clean. It looks a helluva lot better now, but there's not going to be any getting away from that wood. But man, does it sound good!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I can't even imagine my son being three years old yet, let alone 21! I expect the future to hold many wise-ass-isms though... and not necessarily in my favor!
    They grow up in the blink of an eye, brother. I can hardly believe it myself. But being able to tell your son to make a beer run is pretty cool without child protective services getting involved . And yes, most will not be in your favor! LOL.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks pretty cool myself. Congrats! And the sweet music that it makes is really all that matters in the end.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think that Les Paul looks pretty nice, actually. It's not my taste in guitars but they're iconic instruments.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that Les Paul looks pretty nice, actually. It's not my taste in guitars but they're iconic instruments.
    What do you like Michael? I've got a 1996 MIM Stratocaster, 1991 Samick Electric Accoustic, Martin Goya G-415 12-String Accoustic, 80's Harmony Strat, a handmade classical that I bought in Panama in 1992, a handmade electric 12-string from Vietnam, a 1994 Takamine AG-10 Electric Accoustic which was a presentation piece from Hootie and the Blowfish to a big music sales guy, and a Keith Urban electric accoustic. Out of the accoustics, the G-415 sounds the coolest but I can't play it. For the electrics, I've been playing the Fender for awhile, but I think the sound of this Gibson is just a world of difference.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you like Michael? I've got a 1996 MIM Stratocaster, 1991 Samick Electric Accoustic, Martin Goya G-415 12-String Accoustic, 80's Harmony Strat, a handmade classical that I bought in Panama in 1992, a handmade electric 12-string from Vietnam, a 1994 Takamine AG-10 Electric Accoustic which was a presentation piece from Hootie and the Blowfish to a big music sales guy, and a Keith Urban electric accoustic. Out of the accoustics, the G-415 sounds the coolest but I can't play it. For the electrics, I've been playing the Fender for awhile, but I think the sound of this Gibson is just a world of difference.
    I'm a drummer (Ludwigs), but every lead guitarist I ever played with, played a Strat. FWIW Full disclosure, I'm a R&R/Blues kinda guy and EC is my hero!!!! That being said, that is one seriously beautiful looking axe you have there!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't owned or played an electric guitar in over ten years but I am planning to get a new one in the near future. I am very interested in some of the newer brands/models after seeing some of my favorite guitar players using them. This is a Strandberg (from Sweden) - I used to hate the looks of a headless guitar but I am getting used to the idea and from what I hear these guitars are phenomenal. They are also very light and the neck is very innovative in that it sort of guides the thumb of your fretting hand in the most ergonomical position while moving up and down the neck.

Another brand I am interested in is Mayones (from Poland). My favorites are the Setius and Regius models.

As for acoustic guitars: I'm strictly a classical/flamenco guitar-style man, I never really liked the feel of a steel-strung acoustic. The only guitar I own at the moment is a battered classical guitar but I would like to upgrade it to a custom-built flamenco guitar someday.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool indeed!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm a drummer (Ludwigs), but every lead guitarist I ever played with, played a Strat. FWIW Full disclosure, I'm a R&R/Blues kinda guy and EC is my hero!!!! That being said, that is one seriously beautiful looking axe you have there!!!!

I'm also a drummer and have a nice old school Ludwig set. I play all kinds of stuff, but honestly heavy metal has been my main passion for years.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the looks of that Strandberg, but every time I see a headless I always think of Devo and that Synth-Guitar they played and those damn red hats. So it's got twin humbuckers but looks like just a 3-position switch w/vol & tone controls? Or is it a 5-position? I like the looks of that black Mayones too, though I must admit I've never heard of the name before.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Fender ...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just go with the Cujo Guitar. They made a few with a plug in port for an amp.
    Satisfies the guitarist and the King collector in you with one item.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My type of music is what my colleagues would qualify as "violent stuff", and I know that some people here listen to the same kind of music.

My biggest discovery was last year when as a support band for an old french goodie (PUNISH YOURSELF, which Id qualify as a punk-zombie metal band) was SHAARGHOT. A french new band (formed in 2015!) that was doing really well in the 2 gigs i've seen of them, being very popular!
    They just released a second video and i thought that it may interest some.
    I dont really listen to a lot of new stuff, but I thought that this band is quite refreshing...

SHAARGHOT - Uman is jawz (previous video)
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggTKbNklr2Y

SHAARGHOT - Traders must die
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mym2uEUJRo

A song that I really love from their EP : MAD PARTY
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI7RaLxawN0

Their youtube account : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoN...c12iN2ADTy7ZdQ

And, well, the frenchies of Punish Yourself :

Always with some sexy dancers...

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the Mad Party song...
    but then I'm a weird old DJ guy that totally loves a variety of weird music

one of my fav dancing to the oldies songs ...

and one of my more mellow favs from performance artist Laurie Anderson

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

like I said... I'm old... but love the funk! This is one of favorite songs to test out my DJ equipment before dances... Sounds a LOT better in person.
    this was before a JR high dance that I DJ'd last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 593 of 971 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 591 592 593 594 595 603 643 693 ... LastLast