Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 588 of 971 FirstFirst ... 88 488 538 578 586 587 588 589 590 598 638 688 ... LastLast
Results 14,676 to 14,700 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I find that having friends who own boats is a much better situation than owning one myself.
    Just like large beautiful pools.
    A boat owner needs 3 other people to go out and water ski (drink).

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wrapping up a week's long vacation in the Upper Peninsula (Michigan) with friends. Great time using THEIR jet ski, kayak, and paddle board. Granted, my wife and I would love to get a lake house of our own someday, but we're not there yet.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of vehicles, I bought my first new car after 16 years and 181,000 miles....

2014 Corrolla - 20K miles, $14K. Wrote a check, drove it away. It is very nice suddenly switching to a car that doesn't shake like an earthquake above 70mph, and sound like a jet engine, with a 'check engine' light that goes on and off at strange intervals.

On another note, anybody want a 2000 Saturn with 181,000 miles?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Yes!!! Been dying to get my hands on one of those!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Get outta here! I saw it first!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How about my 1998 Dodge Neon with 197,000 miles, a bad transmission, and just failed smog test? Tires are Michelin and are at 85% full tread!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

While were talking about it.. How about a 97 F150 with 285,000 miles? She's a beaut!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Get outta here! I saw it first!
    No, Bob! You already have everything thing. You can't have this too!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How about my 1998 Dodge Neon with 197,000 miles, a bad transmission, and just failed smog test? Tires are Michelin and are at 85% full tread!
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    While were talking about it.. How about a 97 F150 with 285,000 miles? She's a beaut!
    Pretty sure the Neon would fit into the back of the pickup so I'd always have a spare car on hand.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure the Neon would fit into the back of the pickup so I'd always have a spare car on hand.
    Now youre cookin with gas

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Now youre cookin with gas

gosh damn it... now I have that 1960's song stuck in my head... and I can't figure out who sang it... as a DJ - that's bugging the crap out of me.
    any old timers out there remember the title and who sang this....

You turn me on, so nice and slow
    You turn me up, I'm set to go
    You turn around, and I'm gonna fly
    (dada something something) and here's the reason why
    I'm a coooool, blue flame...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got a weekend that I didn't have to work and that it didn't rain... and finally got the PaylessAutoRepairSucks.com A-frame sign mounted into the truck bed and anchored down.
    The website has now had over 214,300+ hits.... hopefully the new sign will get me to 500,000

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go get 'em, Terry!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody wear glasses with progressive lenses?

I switched my lenses from normal distance lenses to progressives for both distance/reading, and it's quite an adjustment. Not bad, exactly, but I'm not a fan - but it's only been a couple hours!

Anybody have experience on how long the adjustment took, or anything?
    I like my progressive lenses a lot and, for whatever reason, I didn't have much of an adjustment period at all. But I change what I wear for vision a few times per day anyway.

I still wear contacts for far vision. During the day I use the "mono vision" technique where I wear a contact in one eye for far vision and leave one eye uncorrected for near vision. Now that required a period of adjustment but I needed to do it for the job I had and I really couldn't go reaching for my reading glasses every five minutes or so throughout the day. When I got home I would put the other contact in for comfortable TV watching and use reading glasses for reading.

For me the progressive lenses are the best answer for evenings and weekends. I still wear contacts when I leave the house though. I'd recommend giving the progressive lenses a longer trial period. I think you will eventually like them.
    Like Bob, my adjustment was very short. Personally I switched from wearing contacts 95% of the time to wearing glasses 95% of the time because then I don't have to bother with reading glasses.

Kris, enjoy your new toy. It sounds like fun!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Finally, after more than four years working on it, I can share the BIG news:

Penguin Random House will publish next November in Spain (under the brand Plaza & Janés, which is the one for King's books) the book I wrote about Stephen King. Writing it was one of the most incredible experiences I had in my life.

Several members here knew about it and provided help, knowledge and pictures that were needed for the work. I can't thank them enough! As soon as I'm allowed to share more details I'll do it here.

I can't even express how happy I am today. I really can't.
    Congratulations, Ari!

I'd like to order a first edition - inscribed, signed and dated on the day of publication. How do we make that happen?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I use mono vision contacts--right eye sees far. Left eye close. Together they are 20/15.
    Hard lenses-worn them for 15+ years-works amazingly well!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congratulations, Ari!

I'd like to order a first edition - inscribed, signed and dated on the day of publication. How do we make that happen?

same here...
    except I want a signed/inscribed/dated "tipped in" picture of the author in a thong and fluffy pink bunny slippers while riding a donkey wearing a speedo and a green leprechaun hat.

and do you have any donuts?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congratulations, Ari!

same here...
    except I want a signed/inscribed/dated "tipped in" picture of the author in a thong and fluffy pink bunny slippers while riding a donkey wearing a speedo and a green leprechaun hat.

and do you have any donuts?
    If Ari won't supply that photo, you could always have Chadbourne do an after-market depiction of it in your book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I consider myself reasonably well-read with the word reasonably being quite subjective. There are a lot of holes in my reading, especially some of the classics. I am trying to fill some of those holes. Last summer I read Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. Like many I am a big fan of the musical and have listened to the soundtrack countless times. I enjoyed the book very much. Like always there are so many other characters and subplots than can be told in a 2 to 3 hour musical or film.

This summer I read Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath and just last week I finished Melville's Moby Dick. Both books were very enjoyable and I'm glad I finally got around to reading them.

Not sure what will be next. Something by Dickens perhaps. I've heard Bleak House is good.

Any thoughts or discussion on the books mentioned?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A Christmas Carol. David Copperfield.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    A Christmas Carol. David Copperfield.
    I've read those (but years ago).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Slob by Rex Miller

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Our Mutual Friend, A tale of two cities.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Slob by Rex Miller
    I've read that too. I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking so much for recommendations as to what to read next. I have plenty of those. I was asking for any thoughts or comments on the ones I have recently read. A PM or e-mail would do so that this thread doesn't get hijacked.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Slob by Rex Miller
    I've read that too. I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking so much for recommendations as to what to read next. I have plenty of those. I was asking for any thoughts or comments on the ones I have recently read. A PM or e-mail would do so that this thread doesn't get hijacked.
    The "What are you currently reading?" thread in Dutch Hill is also a great place for this type of discussion.
    Last edited by Patrick; 08-01-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Clarity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 588 of 971 FirstFirst ... 88 488 538 578 586 587 588 589 590 598 638 688 ... LastLast