Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 972 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My choir, the Turtle Creek Chorale, will be live-streaming our remembrance concert Tuesday night at 6:30 PM Central Time. It would be great if some of you all would tune in to hear me and to Remember Orlando!

I'll be singing in both the LARGE choir, and our smaller 40 voice Chamber Choir.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am shocked that there are still so many shootings. Against religion, against gays, against artists (last week), against anything. So much useless hate.
    I do not live in a world of care bares, but why do people care so much about what other people do in their life?

Sexual preference do not do harm to anybody.
    Religion is IMO just a pile of BS that would have been named 'cults' nowadays, but if you believe in 1 or 12 gods, fine by me, as long as you do not harm anybody.
    Such a crazy world nowadays...
    Couldn't have said it better.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. I'm always bewildered and saddened when I hear of another shooting in the US.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Pretty raw comment, but I suppose like any child, the best response to masturbation is to gently encourage them to do so in private. I suggest you do the same.
    Hey, all I did was respond to a request for commentary - if people don't like the answer to a question, ask a different question.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder that I'm singing in a live webcast tonight with my choir. It's looking like it will be a HUGE event with nearly 1000 in attendance and probably 175 singers. One of our former singers worked at Pulse when he lived in Orlando, and lost a friend in the massacre. The concert will be webcast at Songs For Healing. The webcast starts at 6:30 Central Time, but the concert starts at 7:00, unless something has changed, which is entirely possible, we've had several dozen messages come to us about the event.

The Turtle Creek Chorale is considered one of the premier Men's Choruses in the country, and we just ended our 36th season on Saturday night, the night of the Orlando shooting. I hope that some of you can tune in.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Pretty raw comment, but I suppose like any child, the best response to masturbation is to gently encourage them to do so in private. I suggest you do the same.
    Hey, all I did was respond to a request for commentary - if people don't like the answer to a question, ask a different question.
    herbertwest stated his surprise that there was no commentary on the event. He ended his statement with an ellipsis, which is a suspension of thought, not a question mark.

BTAIM,

I don't wish to argue language with someone who is erudite. I will likely come out on the wrong end.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck and I hope this helps with the healing. I will be listening.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Just a reminder that I'm singing in a live webcast tonight with my choir. It's looking like it will be a HUGE event with nearly 1000 in attendance and probably 175 singers. One of our former singers worked at Pulse when he lived in Orlando, and lost a friend in the massacre. The concert will be webcast at Songs For Healing. The webcast starts at 6:30 Central Time, but the concert starts at 7:00, unless something has changed, which is entirely possible, we've had several dozen messages come to us about the event.

The Turtle Creek Chorale is considered one of the premier Men's Choruses in the country, and we just ended our 36th season on Saturday night, the night of the Orlando shooting. I hope that some of you can tune in.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ben. I just got home from a packed audience AND packed choir space. We raised $15,000 for EqualityOrlando at the event, and there were 26,000 people watching the webcast!

It may not have been the most technically perfect performance, though most was great-sounding, given that we haven't sung much of this music in months, or even years; but it was certainly earnest and heartfelt, not overly dwelling on tragedy, but on the strength that we find in ourselves, our friends, our god (if that is something we believe in) & our community! I hope that you felt even a portion of what we felt in the room!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the concert very much. Thank you and your group for putting this together.

Thanks Ben. I just got home from a packed audience AND packed choir space. We raised $15,000 for EqualityOrlando at the event, and there were 26,000 people watching the webcast!

It may not have been the most technically perfect performance, though most was great-sounding, given that we haven't sung much of this music in months, or even years; but it was certainly earnest and heartfelt, not overly dwelling on tragedy, but on the strength that we find in ourselves, our friends, our god (if that is something we believe in) & our community! I hope that you felt even a portion of what we felt in the room!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great Job Seth!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ben & Matt! If anyone wishes to watch, we found this archived version. I'm not sure how long it will stay up though, so watch it soon or download it in some way.

Songs For Healing (Archived Edition)

I had little to do with it, other than being a singer for 15 years and 60+ concert sessions, which equates to more than 5,000 hours of rehearsal & performance hours, not including the advanced Chamber Choir and ancillary performances. I have yet another small performance at a City Hall function, singing "Beautiful City" from Godspell. Works very nicely as a solo + unison choir piece for something so simple.

All of this more rightly should go in the TDT Biographies, but I just haven't been able to concentrate on mine. The choir is most definitely my primary activity since my ailments forced me to leave the workforce in '14.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I just got my first Social Security check today. Actually not a real check anymore but a direct bank deposit. I think I am going to like and enjoy this new source of income!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Tomorrow is my birthday...what do I want, what can you get me?? If you're able, all I want is donations to my annual HIV/AIDS fundraiser serving HIV positive Oregonians in 11 counties (as well as prevention campaigns across Oregon). I'm thankful for each birthday because nearly all of my adult life has been living with HIV and I won't stop fundraising until there is a cure. Help make this one amazing birthday and at the same time help out some Oregonians also living with this disease. We're almost at $5,000!! To donate: http://www.tinyurl.com/redribbon2016 THANK YOU
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I just got my first Social Security check today. Actually not a real check anymore but a direct bank deposit. I think I am going to like and enjoy this new source of income!
    Surprised they didn't send you a bill rather than a check. I always have a good chuckle when they send me how much I'll get when my time comes. My mom draws it and what I think really sucks is she doesn't get my late father's. He worked all the way up to the time of his death so never got to draw. Just seems like the surviving spouse should get it until they pass.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Tomorrow is my birthday...what do I want, what can you get me?? If you're able, all I want is donations to my annual HIV/AIDS fundraiser serving HIV positive Oregonians in 11 counties (as well as prevention campaigns across Oregon). I'm thankful for each birthday because nearly all of my adult life has been living with HIV and I won't stop fundraising until there is a cure. Help make this one amazing birthday and at the same time help out some Oregonians also living with this disease. We're almost at $5,000!! To donate: http://www.tinyurl.com/redribbon2016 THANK YOU

Happy early birthday to you and BRAVO to you on the fund raising!!! During the 80s and 90s, my husband and I watched every single friend of ours die from aids related illnesses. We have come so far fighting this disease but we have so much more to do.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Surprised they didn't send you a bill rather than a check. I always have a good chuckle when they send me how much I'll get when my time comes. My mom draws it and what I think really sucks is she doesn't get my late father's. He worked all the way up to the time of his death so never got to draw. Just seems like the surviving spouse should get it until they pass.
    Good for you Bob. You've earned it.

@Brian, there is a survivor benefit. Your mother should have collected benefits upon his death. When it was time for her to collect on her own, she should have started receiving whichever of their benefits has a higher payment. I realize that isn't the same as a double payment, but it's not nothing either.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't wish to argue language with someone who is erudite. I will likely come out on the wrong end.
    I must not be erudite, as I had to look that word up. LOL
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good for you Bob. You've earned it.

@Brian, there is a survivor benefit. Your mother should have collected benefits upon his death. When it was time for her to collect on her own, she should have started receiving whichever of their benefits has a higher payment. I realize that isn't the same as a double payment, but it's not nothing either.
    Yea, that's exactly what happened, Brian. I believe she does collect his due to it being more. Just a supplement anyway, social security. Although many live on it alone; not a well advised thing to do.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is interesting...

"Use this map to explore ESA astronaut Tim Peake's stunning photos of Earth, taken from the International Space Station during his six month mission."

http://apps.esriuk.com/app/TimPeake/...809/index.html

Really beautiful pictures

Country
    Country Flag

Goddam world's going to hell in a handbasket when someone targets my 2002 POS Civic to break a window to get into to steal a just as old radio and 3 inch screen obsolete GPS, as well as my toolkit from my trunk. Probably not worth a claim, so "Yay" another damn expense this summer. Why they'd choose my garbage car with it's Primer Paint trunk over all the nicer ones out there with actually valuable radios in them. Dammit.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Goddam world's going to hell in a handbasket when someone targets my 2002 POS Civic to break a window to get into to steal a just as old radio and 3 inch screen obsolete GPS, as well as my toolkit from my trunk. Probably not worth a claim, so "Yay" another damn expense this summer. Why they'd choose my garbage car with it's Primer Paint trunk over all the nicer ones out there with actually valuable radios in them. Dammit.

I dropped my 70 gremlin off today to have the wheels aligned on Monday, got home and started thinking about the fact the 1970 hood release was on the outside (such a safer time). With everything under the hood being new... over 8 grand's worth... decided to drive back down there and put on a fat chain and padlock the hood to the bumper.

Yeah, some say I'm a pessimist... but to much crap has happened to me in the past, I prefer realist. If people will steal your dirty towels out of the washer at the laundry-mat, they'll steal anything if given half a chance.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Yeah, some say I'm a pessimist... but to much crap has happened to me in the past, I prefer realist. If people will steal your dirty towels out of the washer at the laundry-mat, they'll steal anything if given half a chance.
    I believe that about people stealing things whole heartily. It's amazing what people will take whether they need it or not.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ugh - so lame. The window's worth a claim, though, right?

I don't even lock my car for just that reason - if they're going to steal, at least don't break a window too. Stupid methheads.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I believe that about people stealing things whole heartily. It's amazing what people will take whether they need it or not.
    Someone stole my sweaty towel from the park where I was running a month or so ago. I was doing a 5 km loop and when I came back to the bench, it was gone. Enjoy my groinal sweat, fucko.

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

<--- Beware the number of this post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 972 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 ... LastLast