Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 972 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 677 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,425 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I saw Joe Hill, will see Justin Cronin on Thursday and Stephen King on Monday-three great authors less than a month. I feel lucky!
    Wow. That's excellent

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Met Scoogs from here in Paris last night. Was nice to chat about books and book collecting to a fellow member. Oh and when everybody complains about the lack of space, then it brings to the fact that some people do seem to have a loooot of space, and sometimes basements
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight I was at a VIP cocktail from publishers about Bernard Werber, my favorite author after King.
    They were holding this in order to celebrate the selling of over 10 million copies in France of the mass paperback editions of his books !

There were also some korean journalists recording some bits for a tv documentary (Bernard Werber is considered as a superstar in that country). At some point they were looking for interviewing fans. Nobody seemed to be willing, so I did the interview with a korean presenter for a tv documentary. Weird experience !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Tonight I was at a VIP cocktail from publishers about Bernard Werber, my favorite author after King.
    They were holding this in order to celebrate the selling of over 10 million copies in France of the mass paperback editions of his books !

There were also some korean journalists recording some bits for a tv documentary (Bernard Werber is considered as a superstar in that country). At some point they were looking for interviewing fans. Nobody seemed to be willing, so I did the interview with a korean presenter for a tv documentary. Weird experience !
    Pretty freakin' cool I'd say!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is cool. Post a link if the footage ever surfaces.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stuck at work and my buddy on the lake has the SK Mist crew there to film. He talked tot he crew and they wanted a home RIGHT on the water with the water level with the home almost... When would that have come into play? Start of the book? Said there are "creatures in the water". They took pictures a couple weeks ago and I was hoping to be on set for it but we are moving our shops into a new building and time is NOT on my side
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Stuck at work and my buddy on the lake has the SK Mist crew there to film. He talked tot he crew and they wanted a home RIGHT on the water with the water level with the home almost... When would that have come into play? Start of the book? Said there are "creatures in the water". They took pictures a couple weeks ago and I was hoping to be on set for it but we are moving our shops into a new building and time is NOT on my side
    I can't think of that scene either. Creative liberties, I imagine.

Country
    Country Flag

Random thoughts :

1) Paid too much taxes for years!
    And it's not just a random though, but a fact. I recently discovered after being contacted from the local tax offices to provide them more documents, that the previous years (the last 8 years or so), me and my wife have paid twice the local tax!
    I discovered that 1 flat can only pay 1 tax. Me and my wife paid it both without realising.
    After discussing with the staff, the issue is likely because we were living in a building and the address was registered on the 3rd floor but it could mean different flats.
    So that was the bad luck. We paid over 4K euros of taxes over the years while we should probably have been paying only half of that.
    The good news, is that we should be able to get some money back. The bad news is that the changed the law a few months ago, so that the taxes can only go back to 2 years instead of 3. I am still hoping to get about 1K $ back!
    Got the tax office on the phone earlier, looks like we will get even more money back as the officer said he asked for the reimbursement of what my wife paid for the past 5 years!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw a small advert for End Of Watch at the train station yesterday lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random thoughts :

1) Paid too much taxes for years!
    And it's not just a random though, but a fact. I recently discovered after being contacted from the local tax offices to provide them more documents, that the previous years (the last 8 years or so), me and my wife have paid twice the local tax!
    I discovered that 1 flat can only pay 1 tax. Me and my wife paid it both without realising.
    After discussing with the staff, the issue is likely because we were living in a building and the address was registered on the 3rd floor but it could mean different flats.
    So that was the bad luck. We paid over 4K euros of taxes over the years while we should probably have been paying only half of that.
    The good news, is that we should be able to get some money back. The bad news is that the changed the law a few months ago, so that the taxes can only go back to 2 years instead of 3. I am still hoping to get about 1K $ back!
    Got the tax office on the phone earlier, looks like we will get even more money back as the officer said he asked for the reimbursement of what my wife paid for the past 5 years!
    Good deal.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Saw a small advert for End Of Watch at the train station yesterday lol

Cool!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alan. That looks like Glasgow Central Station to me!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

It is indeed Glasgow Central, Jon

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

It is indeed Glasgow Central, Jon
    Thought so, been there a few times.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

curious... anyone else collect signed/limited presidential memoirs besides me?
    And as you can see, I'm one to prepare for the worst. While she might not make America great again, as the first female president, she'd definitely increase the value of one book in my collection.
    Or you could say it's part of my zombie apocalypse preparedness kit... when it all goes to hell in a handbasket... I can use it for fuel to cook over, that rag paper should burn well.
    Now if I can just find a Trump signed memoir I'll be able to stay warm and toasty... all the hot air should get me through a decade of Texas winters.

Note... I had an Obama signed edition...but it's on vacation

Country
    Country Flag

I am surprised that there are no comments here about the ORLANDO tragedy...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's all bad. Too much to process...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BRUTAL. What senseless violence..... my thoughts are with all the people in Florida and around the US.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    BRUTAL. What senseless violence..... my thoughts are with all the people in Florida and around the US.
    I was in a gay nightclub on Saturday night (across the country from the attack). Needless to say, I had a good long cry Sunday morning thinking how terrible this was and that it could happen anywhere. A friend knew one of the performers who was in a back dressing room who was locked in and had to escape through air conditioning duct.
    ~Jonathan

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Now if I can just find a Trump signed memoir I'll be able to stay warm and toasty... all the hot air should get me through a decade of Texas winters.
    Easton Press did an s/l of one of his books a few years back (actually, close to 10!) that I once owned a copy of...I wouldn't say I collect them, but from 2008 events I did get personalized copies from Obama and Hillary. To Hillary's credit, she has amazing handwriting and even added my name despite it being in a post-event scrum. Obama was a rush job, but he did add my name too.

I am surprised that there are no comments here about the ORLANDO tragedy...
    As for Orlando, what comments should there be? If this country won't do anything for 20 first graders slaughtered in their classroom, then I doubt we'll do much for 50 gay Hispanics. There'll be a dog and pony show for a few days, a little circle jerk masturbation by the usual suspects, and then we can go back to our slack-jawed lives. Trump and Clinton are just giving handjobs with the right hand or the left. I can do it better myself.

If I saw an American flag on fire, I wouldn't piss on it. I see somebody waving a flag, I laugh at them. I think they're funny, like a clown. We're a nation of self-destructive, delusional cowards, phonies, losers, saps, fools and rubes.

Is that the comment you were looking for? Happy?

Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked that there are still so many shootings. Against religion, against gays, against artists (last week), against anything. So much useless hate.
    I do not live in a world of care bares, but why do people care so much about what other people do in their life?

Sexual preference do not do harm to anybody.
    Religion is IMO just a pile of BS that would have been named 'cults' nowadays, but if you believe in 1 or 12 gods, fine by me, as long as you do not harm anybody.
    Such a crazy world nowadays...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

why do people care so much about what other people do in their life?...
    Because the human race is a corrupted, inbred species that's run out of useful energy.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Because the human race is a corrupted, inbred species that's run out of useful energy.
    Wow, and I thought I was pessimistic about the human race.
    I feel like fuckin PollyAnna now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Trump and Clinton are just giving handjobs with the right hand or the left. I can do it better myself.
    Is that the comment you were looking for? Happy?
    Pretty raw comment, but I suppose like any child, the best response to masturbation is to gently encourage them to do so in private. I suggest you do the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 577 of 972 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 677 ... LastLast