Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 571 of 972 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,275 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    By the way, my wife has seen Guns n Roses a few years back in Glasgow. Axel was being an arsehole as apparently the concert started 3h later because he would have flown some food from London because he wanted it before the concert.
    She managed to get her money back, but I hope that he wont be such an arse again...
    Yes, apparently Axl's been behaving himself of late. My main issue with Axl having anything to do with ACDC is just that - their difference in rock attitude. ACDC are simple, no nonsense, "blue singlet" working class; and Axl is a primmadonna (though I love him). And yes - Malcolm, as you know, was the engine room, primary riff writer for ACDC - last year it was revealed he has dementia and is now in full time residential care. He doesn't even remember how to play a guitar. Very sad.

Be sure to review the gig for us!
    The first concert was yesterday in portugal. i read mixed reviews, but people mostly seem OK with Axel's voice.
    But one other thing : his leg is immobilised so he is singing... sitting.... wonderful.

Some videos from last night :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfrj1z7q3YI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwxVXSxgK8
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, my wife has seen Guns n Roses a few years back in Glasgow. Axel was being an arsehole as apparently the concert started 3h later because he would have flown some food from London because he wanted it before the concert.
    She managed to get her money back, but I hope that he wont be such an arse again...
    Yes, apparently Axl's been behaving himself of late. My main issue with Axl having anything to do with ACDC is just that - their difference in rock attitude. ACDC are simple, no nonsense, "blue singlet" working class; and Axl is a primmadonna (though I love him). And yes - Malcolm, as you know, was the engine room, primary riff writer for ACDC - last year it was revealed he has dementia and is now in full time residential care. He doesn't even remember how to play a guitar. Very sad.

Be sure to review the gig for us!
    The first concert was yesterday in portugal. i read mixed reviews, but people mostly seem OK with Axel's voice.
    But one other thing : his leg is immobilised so he is singing... sitting.... wonderful.

Some videos from last night :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfrj1z7q3YI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwxVXSxgK8
    I've read reviews praising his singing but watching these clips, it sounds 10% beyond his capacity and style. And sitting - just wrong. Did you see the extremely awkward interview with Cliff, Angus and Axl explaining Brian's departure? So staged for damage control...and so... awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbh_Tl8V64

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just hope they're not going to release any albums with Mr. Rose. That would taint their legacy forever.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I just hope they're not going to release any albums with Mr. Rose. That would taint their legacy forever.
    Oh god yes, that would be a travesty, but I doubt they will. Malcolm gone, now Brian - I think they have enough insight to know, their glorious run is done.

And I just saw the set list with Axl. They played Rock N Roll Damnation! That's rare and huge. Powerage is probably my favourite album. I've seen them 8 times and I can honestly say that it's the same set list with a rotation of only 2-3 songs off the whatever album they're currently touring on. I've wished they would do a tour with a set list of all the NEXT level classics. Something from Fly on the Wall, Flick of the Switch, Powerage, etc. They've got enough greatness for 2-3 solid set lists. But alas - that day will never come.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I saw AC/DC last year with Johnson, and they were great - but yeah, it was the same setlist I saw the LAST time I saw them - in 2000, other than a couple changes. I love some of the songs off Fly in the Wall or Flick of the Switch, and it's like they never happened. I don't think they even played Who Made Who this time.

I didn't think Axl's voice was great for those songs, and the throne is just bizarre - the whole point of Axl was the dancing around. But whatever. I get that they didn't have a choice.

I doubt they'd ever do an album with him - but I would see this tour just for the heck of it. I don't think any of the rescheduled dates will be near me though.

I do want to see the GNR reunion, though.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From what I read, Brian will continue with the group to record new albums, and MAY do some more tour later in the future if his health allows it. I dont hold my breath for it though...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Axyl is so-so, I have seen AC/DC numerous time in Detroit where they loved to play. I to a Gun's and Rose's show once didn't stay for the whole show. The warm up band was excellent Metallica and the halftime show was also good, they hired a few strippers to come to the show and panned live video to the big screens with these and other ladies showing there ta-ta's. This was the second time seeing Metallica, 1st was at a small bar inside a bowling in the Detroit area it was great!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you "follow" anyone else on eBay or have someone "following" you? I'm not sure how it works and what you can "see" or not "see." A few years ago (but after eBay started partially obscuring bidders names) I won an auction for a men's magazine from the 1970's. It was in the adult or mature listings. It had a Koontz or Bradbury story or something but not a King story. Within an hour of winning the auction I had an e-mail from someone wanting to know if I had found some unknown King story in the magazine. I thought, WTF? How can someone even "see" the partially obscure bidders and know that it was me that won, especially in the adult (or private) section?

The other day I was looking for something under my eBay profile section and I found that I have five "followers." I recognize some of the usernames.

Do any of you do this? Can you follow someone's bids while they are bidding or can you just see completed auctions? Can anyone explain exactly how this works?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob,

I actually follow a few ebay sellers. By following them I am able to see their new listings on the Ebay homepage. I don't believe I am able to follow their bids though. I just use it for new listings.

Perhaps you have sold some King items in the past and some people decided to follow you so they could see future listings?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do follow several sellers (including our own RF) that I've good experiences with. I've never gone as far as to see what they're bidding on (didn't realize one could do that either). I only check to see what they're selling or to ask if they have something I'm looking for. May have to change some stuff in your privacy settings if folks are actually tracking your bids. Never have had it happen to me personally.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Bob,

I actually follow a few ebay sellers. By following them I am able to see their new listings on the Ebay homepage. I don't believe I am able to follow their bids though. I just use it for new listings.

Perhaps you have sold some King items in the past and some people decided to follow you so they could see future listings?
    Perhaps. That makes sense. But it doesn't explain (or at least I don't think it does) how someone knew I was the high bidder on an item (magazine) listed in the adult or mature section. Does it?

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Bob,

Perhaps. That makes sense. But it doesn't explain (or at least I don't think it does) how someone knew I was the high bidder on an item (magazine) listed in the adult or mature section. Does it?
    Well not on the surface no.. but they could have gotten creative. I'm not sure what the transparency was back when this happened. If someone was already following you they could have matched up the item with feedback.. if you left feedback for the seller and the person was watching that auction they could have connected the dots. They might have contacted the seller and asked who bought it. That seller might have given them your ebay ID.

There are a few things that could have happened. I don't think it was due to followers though.

It wasn't done by feedback because I was contacted by this person about an hour after the auction closed. I should probably just ask him as he is an infrequent poster on this site.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that "following" you isn't necessarily the way they figured out it was you. Although that could have helped.

Interested parties could figure it out.

If they follow you as a seller then it's easy to see your feedback and they know your username. Or say you win an auction and you mention it on here. I can go to eBay and see who won that auction. I'll get a couple of letters of your username and your feedback score. If I happen to be watching a particular auction and your feedback score and a couple letters of your username is bidding then I can assume it's you.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It wasn't done by feedback because I was contacted by this person about an hour after the auction closed. I should probably just ask him as he is an infrequent poster on this site.
    What I meant by feedback is your feedback score.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Possibly. But the auction didn't mention King (or Koontz or Bradbury or whoever I bought the magazine for). So it would be highly unlikely the person was following that specific auction. How else could he have known I was the high bidder? And, as I said, he contacted me before I even had time to pay, let alone receive feedback. It had to have started with somehow searching or following me as a bidder/buyer. Add to that the fact that it was in the mature, adult section where, I think, bidders identities remain private. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. It is just something that has puzzled me for a while now.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I just looked and I have 6 follower in my ebay account. None of the username is familiar to me.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea about what happened. But you didnt give an answer to us about his question

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill Live Lisbon Portugal (With Axl Rose)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Possibly. But the auction didn't mention King (or Koontz or Bradbury or whoever I bought the magazine for). So it would be highly unlikely the person was following that specific auction. How else could he have known I was the high bidder? And, as I said, he contacted me before I even had time to pay, let alone receive feedback. It had to have started with somehow searching or following me as a bidder/buyer. Add to that the fact that it was in the mature, adult section where, I think, bidders identities remain private. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. It is just something that has puzzled me for a while now.
    This won't be helpful because I can't remember how I did it, but I was able to determine a bidder even though the names were semi-private.

I can't remember what the work-around was...but it was possible with some effort.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill Live Lisbon Portugal (With Axl Rose)
    Yeah that was...different. I really just think of it as "Axl Rose does karaoke"

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    This won't be helpful because I can't remember how I did it, but I was able to determine a bidder even though the names were semi-private.

I can't remember what the work-around was...but it was possible with some effort.
    I asked the person directly in an e-mail how he found out what I had bought. It was done via feedback and my memory (as is often the case) is likely wrong. I suspect I paid the seller immediately after the auction was over and the seller probably left feedback for me just as quickly. It was probably just fortuitous that the person searched my username shortly after feedback was left. He saw the recent feedback and went to the seller's ID and looked for a bidder with the same feedback number as me, found one and then knew the item I had just bought.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's a good analogy Chad. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this to you before, but you know what I think they should have done? Different legend-status singer every night...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but this seems like as good a place as any, especially with all the talk about Axl Rose lattely.

So several months ago I bought a grab bag or book club from Cemetery Dance, and one of the books was "The Language of Fear" by Del James. I was recently looking for a new book to read, and picked this one up to consider. The first thing I do is read the dust Jacket and inspect the table of contents. I was immediately turned off by the fact the introduction was written by Axl Rose. I have very little respect for him. I have heard too many stories about starting concerts 2 or 3 hours late. Also his role in the riots in Montreal http://www.askmen.com/top_10/enterta...n-riots_5.html is shameful. At any rate, I was willing to just skip the introduction, but then I flipped to the back cover where the Author Bio/photo was. The photo is of the author flipping the bird. I guess that really turned me off, and I decided not to read it. I figured if the Author has no respect for his readers, why should I waste my time on him.

Just curious if any one else has ever decided not to read a book (especially one you already owned) due to a similar issue (i.e. you judged a book by its cover, so to speak).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's a good analogy Chad. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this to you before, but you know what I think they should have done? Different legend-status singer every night...
    I could've got behind that considering the circumstances (especially when the alternative is apparently Axl freakin' Rose). Honestly with having the commitments they had, I wish they would've just tabbed Sebastian Bach for a fill-in. As far as the future goes, If Brian can't continue then just call it a career for crying out loud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 571 of 972 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 ... LastLast