Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 972 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I am always happy to see that many King collectors are into rock and metal music.
    My wife and I saw James Taylor in concert last week in Lubbock. Yeah, we're old.
    I remember you once mentioned listening to Uriah Heep and King Crimson back in the day - good stuff.

I was born in 1974 and my parents 'primed' me with Hendrix, The Doors, Hawkwind and bands like that, before I started developing my own musical taste at the age of 10 with AC/DC and Iron Maiden. Sadly, I never saw AC/DC live but I've seen lots and lots of other great bands perform over the years. My first big concert was Motorhead in the late eighties. By that time I had also moved on to Metallica, Slayer, Death and countless other, heavier bands. Nowadays I mostly listen to more intricate and dynamic stuff like Meshuggah, Tesseract, Gojira and the older Opeth records but all the big names from the seventies/eighties/nineties still get my juices flowing!
    Hell yes brother. Opeth was awesome. Thoughts on Bloodbath?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love them. With Mikael of course but I like their latest (with Paradise Lost vocalist) a lot too!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love them. With Mikael of course but I like their latest (with Paradise Lost vocalist) a lot too!
    Hell yes brother. Mikael is a force of nature, just thought he fit perfectly. New stuff not bad at all..just not quite the same. Like you, the classic metal (Maiden, Pantera, Metallica) really is my go to, but there is quite a few "newer" bands that I dig.. Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Nile, Behemoth etc. \m/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw AC/DC at a "Day on the Green" concert in Oakland, Ca July 23, 1978 along with Aerosmith , Foreigner, Pat Travers and Van Halen (their first US tour). I saw them the next year at a D.O.T.G with Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, and Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I saw AC/DC at a "Day on the Green" concert in Oakland, Ca July 23, 1978 along with Aerosmith , Foreigner, Pat Travers and Van Halen (their first US tour). I saw them the next year at a D.O.T.G with Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, and Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush.
    That must have been awesome. I would have loved to see AC/DC and Van Halen around that time..sadly way before my time. My first concert was AC/DC on their Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2000 and they were awesome!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was awesome, but also a bit crazy. I had just turned 18 and although I had been to other D.O.T.G's it was quite nuts down on the grass trying to get close to the stage.
    I also saw Queen and Thin Lizzy at Winterland (not even sold out, capacity ~5,400) on March 6, 1977. Never thought at the time that Queen would become a phenom.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the Haunted Heart book, I read that King made a PSA for the National Guard, back in 2000. Does anyone have it?
    I have seen Steve's PSA for libraries, for blood donations but not this one
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    In the Haunted Heart book, I read that King made a PSA for the National Guard, back in 2000. Does anyone have it?
    He did a print endorsement.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it available anywhere?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I can't drive a car because my eyesight is so bad. I can't even use a computer screen any more so I have my CPU hooked up to a 42' flat screen TV and I still have to sit very close. I have to squint at some things or get help from others. So despite this, I've had the very good fortune to have gone to several live shows in my life, mainly because of my best friend who took me to most of them. Admittedly, I was usually far back and most of the folks just looked like blobs but I was going for the music anyway.

The first show I ever went to was Eric Clapton. Since then, I've managed to see most of my favorite bands: Nine Inch Nails (x 4), Tool (x 3), Radiohead, A Perfect Circle, Marilyn Manson (x 3), Daft Punk, HEALTH, The Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, The Smashing Pumpkins, GWAR, Neutral Milk Hotel, Flying Lotus, Massive Attack, No Doubt, Filter, Bush, Gary Numan, Niles Rodgers, Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, Madonna (x 2), Fatboy Slim, The Chemical Brothers, Dan Deacon, Gnarls Barkley, M.I.A., Tiga, El-P, The Genitorturers, Big Boi, Disclosure, Panda Bear and even Britney Spears. There's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

I've always wanted to see AC/DC but it doesn't look like that will happen now that Axl is going to be touring with them. Sorry but that's not AC/DC. Very jealous of anyone who got to see them. I hate I missed out on Queen too.

I REALLY wanted to go see Ozzy when I was about 12 or 13 but unfortunately my father had heard too many stories about Ozzy and refused.

I also missed opportunists to see Green Day, Tori Amos, A System of a Down and Pink Floyd (that one hurts because my big sister sneaked off with her friends and didn't tell me she was going because she didn't want to have to keep up with her little bro, still pissed at her for that!)

I'm also a big Prince fan but I never got to see him perform live.

Now, i really want to see Aphex Twin, Metallica, The Knife, Animal Collective, Björk, Sufjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, David Gilmour and Elton John.

Country
    Country Flag

Well actually, it seem that it was a tv ad.

Country
    Country Flag

Tommy : really good taste in music ! ACDC, NIN, Tool, APC, Manson, SOD, Tori Amos...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well this Friday is my last day working for the federal government of Canada. I was hired for a term, that was extended but I'm getting laid off after about 9 months here. It sucks, it was a pretty nice job, and the highest paying one that I've had. Because of the terms of my employment I am not allowed to apply for internal positions, though the experience will help me get another job with the government (or other positions) though I will have to apply as an external employee.

I've been applying for jobs for the last several months but still nothing, though I did get sent an assessment for another government position that I am waiting to hear back on. I've squirreled away some savings for the next while to tide me over, but it may be a rough summer.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, Dan! Hope all goes well for you.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian, I do too! hahaha

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck man! Hope our economy gets better and you get an even better job!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Thanks Brian, I do too! hahaha
    Most welcome, brother .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Kris. Yeah our economy seems to be on a bit of an upswing, but who knows for how long.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Tommy : really good taste in music ! ACDC, NIN, Tool, APC, Manson, SOD, Tori Amos...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Well this Friday is my last day working for the federal government of Canada. I was hired for a term, that was extended but I'm getting laid off after about 9 months here. It sucks, it was a pretty nice job, and the highest paying one that I've had. Because of the terms of my employment I am not allowed to apply for internal positions, though the experience will help me get another job with the government (or other positions) though I will have to apply as an external employee.

I've been applying for jobs for the last several months but still nothing, though I did get sent an assessment for another government position that I am waiting to hear back on. I've squirreled away some savings for the next while to tide me over, but it may be a rough summer.
    Sorry to hear this, I hope you find something soon.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well actually, it seem that it was a tv ad.

If you knew the answer, you shouldn't have asked....

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt know the answer, I just read your answer and then decided to look into finding out more about it and remembered I could search online within the book.
    I was actually hunting the printed piece after your answer. But maybe there was both a TV and printed ad?
    Still need to find it.

Country
    Country Flag

@Theli : I am sure that you'll manage to bounce back on your feet!

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have some informations about how John D. MacDonald came to write an intro to Steve's NIGHTSHIFT collection?
    I think that I read something about it, but cannot find it anymore... Thanks !

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

@Theli : I am sure that you'll manage to bounce back on your feet!
    Thanks! Having a rubber butt helps with that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 972 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast