Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 972 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Sad news.

"Catcher in the Rye" author J.D. Salinger has died at age 91 in New Hampshire.
    Sad indeed. What a literary genious!
    Yeah, NH has lost the Old Man in the Mountain, Mt. Washington's wind speed record, and now JD Salinger!

Daniel Webster's dead and I'm not feeling too good myself...

Just to be contrary, I think Salinger is a pretentious one-note poser who let the business pass him by...supposedly he has at least 15 books ready and waiting to be published, but I'm not sure what kind of perspective an author can bring to a story when he barely left his compound for 30 years...Hell, even the Unabomber tried to keep himself current...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Today it has snowed almost 12 inches. More on the way. Schools, offices, etc. closed. All highways into and out of Amarillo are closed. Yesterday it was sunny and 60 degrees. The Texas Panhandle is certainly an interesting place to live.
    We had bad snow here in Scotland over the Xmas period. Worst for decades.

Lock yourself in your basement with a food supply Bob!

Heck. Lock me in it instead

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

Lock yourself in your basement with a food supply Bob!

Heck. Lock me in it instead
    The only problem is there is no plumbing down here. Occasionally I have to surface for bathroom breaks. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy down here for extended periods of time.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The only problem is there is no plumbing down here.
    Damn. I was hoping for an ice-maker at least. Need those cubes for a proper drink.
    Well, I suppose that's what wives are for. (less talky, more fetchy)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Damn. I was hoping for an ice-maker at least. Need those cubes for a proper drink.
    If I asked my wife to fetch some ice cubes, I'd get them down my back!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John

My wife would fill a bucket, wait til it melted, and pour it over my head.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Yeah, me too. Besides, going up and down the stairs is good exercise.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's comments that make wives marry another man. Not because she divorced the first one, but because she beat him to death with a bag of ice cubes.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(How can one check with a name if a company is registered in California? Is there some kind of website, even if the company doestn have any premises so far?)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

"Less talky, more fetchy", is one of Peter Griffin's phrases, not mine. If I said that in earnest, I would end up in an ice-maker.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today it has snowed almost 12 inches. More on the way. Schools, offices, etc. closed. All highways into and out of Amarillo are closed. Yesterday it was sunny and 60 degrees. The Texas Panhandle is certainly an interesting place to live.
    It seems I can't get away from Amarillo no matter how hard I try. You guys sent us in Nashville this snow today. Shouldn't get anywhere near as much of it here, but 1/4 inch is enough to close everything down here for 3 days. We already have around 2 inches so far.

After, it thaws out there do me a favor and go have a steak at David's so I can live through your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post

After, it thaws out there do me a favor and go have a steak at David's so I can live through your experience.
    How long has it been since you lived here? David's was good 10 years ago or so but doesn't have a very good reputation now. Lot's of better steaks in town now.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you were talkin' about my place You'd be disappointed as you'd only get a tofu steak in this joint.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's comments that make wives marry another man. Not because she divorced the first one, but because she beat him to death with a bag of ice cubes.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    I've been married for 34 years,
    I don't know why she gets mad when I introduce her as "My First Wife".

Karl

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How long has it been since you lived here? David's was good 10 years ago or so but doesn't have a very good reputation now. Lot's of better steaks in town now.
    Have been back 5-6 times in the last 10 years, most of my family still lives there. Their marinated steak is still the best I have found consistantly. Have had a couple here once or twice that were great but the places I have had them in never keep them on the menu for long.

Would not mind suggestions for other places with steaks as good as David's in Amarillo, maybe someday I will be able to stay for long enough while there to have someone elses while I am there.

Would not mind suggestions for other places with steaks as good as David's in Amarillo, maybe someday I will be able to stay for long enough while there to have someone elses while I am there.
    Just PM me the next time you are coming and I will give you a list. David's still probably has a loyal following and the fresh rolls are still great. But I know of a couple of people who make the same gesture King is making in your avatar whenever David's is mentioned. But is has been a LONG time since I have eaten there. I should probably reevaluate for myself.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, that's scary!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

12 or 13 people?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Pennywise had a bit of indigestion.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    I've been married for 34 years,
    I don't know why she gets mad when I introduce her as "My First Wife".

Karl

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

November 7, 1940

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw"]YouTube- Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse "Gallopin' Gertie"[/ame]

That footage of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsing used to be required viewing in High School and College Physics when we were learning about suspension bridges and harmonics. I can still remember Mr. Weber dragging out the movie projector and showing us that in 11th grade Physics. I've not seen it in color though. Ted Turner must have gotten hold of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 972 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 ... LastLast