Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it's the same one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    Did this article has some consequences?...Did Barry reply to mr. King?
    Do someone know the end of the story, if exist?
    Well, Barry Levin still has a copy on sale today for $8000, so I guess he ignored what King said.
    8000$???????

I was wondering to myself... Why a bootleg, not authorized and "hated" by the author, like "ES" or "NEBEL" should cost so much??

Ok, maybe there are few copies around, but...
    The fact that king himself do not approves these copies, Should not influence the price?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I am going to paint my bedroom red
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i have a black bedroom

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is green.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Did this article has some consequences?...Did Barry reply to mr. King?
    Do someone know the end of the story, if exist?
    Well, Barry Levin still has a copy on sale today for $8000, so I guess he ignored what King said.
    8000$???????

I was wondering to myself... Why a bootleg, not authorized and "hated" by the author, like "ES" or "NEBEL" should cost so much??

Ok, maybe there are few copies around, but...
    The fact that king himself do not approves these copies, Should not influence the price?
    It could be that he is listening to SK - by pricing the book way over the market, he is highly unlikely to sell it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    i have a black bedroom
    is it all black or just some walls?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    i have a black bedroom
    is it all black or just some walls?
    Depends if the lights are on or not?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Jerome, what was the dog playing with? That was too cute!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Little gorillas that jump around.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Too funny!!! Poor doggy, defending his territory against gorilla attack!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Its the walls and ceiling. My floor, skirting, furniture is white My dad made my bed for me woop woop!

My Mood
    Lurking

I am hungry.

I have nothing to eat.

Therefore, I am going to STAY hungry

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trade ya. Today's my anniversary, and I'm pretty (as in 99.9%) certain that there shall be no sex tonight or tomorrow or the next day, etc. I'd rather be hungry and stay hungry.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually will mention on this site when I see horror authors over at The Signed Page considering I use them for SF and Fantasy signatures so I always see when these things come up.

Anyway over at thesignedpage.com they have pre-orders for signed copies of Joe Hill's Horns and the new Dan Simmons and Peter Straub novels.

I figured there would be some collectors interested in this tidbit of info.
    Geoff

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else as tired of the advertisement on eBay for the book RANGER'S APPRENTICE as I am? That thing has been showing up on the left side of my eBay searches for about two weeks. It makes the scroll function on my mouse and keyboard slow way down while it is loading. It seems to be the only one that is currently doing that. I'll be glad when it has run its course.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, Geoff! I just ordered the new Dan Simmons, Black Hills.

Bob, the only ads that show up on my eBay searches are ones that appear toward the top of the page. I don't think I've ever seen one elsewhere.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Bob, the only ads that show up on my eBay searches are ones that appear toward the top of the page. I don't think I've ever seen one elsewhere.

John
    I think they somehow tailor the ads based on the individual buying/viewing habits. This is an animated ad that must use a lot of RAM (if that is the right term) because all my internet functions slow down while it is loading/running.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Is anyone else as tired of the advertisement on eBay for the book RANGER'S APPRENTICE as I am? That thing has been showing up on the left side of my eBay searches for about two weeks. It makes the scroll function on my mouse and keyboard slow way down while it is loading. It seems to be the only one that is currently doing that. I'll be glad when it has run its course.
    Sucks. Depending on your browser and settings, even trusted sites can do this to you. A big challenge is that you (in your browser settings) 'trust' a site and accept cookies-sometimes it's flash, then your acceptance of the site gives you a pop-up.
    It's a never ending PITA.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you using Firefox? Adblock might get rid of it. Seriously, I had no idea how many ads are down the sides of Facebook until I saw it without Adblock. Crazy!

My Mood
    Lurking

Dags...where is this add block thing? I can't find it in FF.

Sam, Happy Anniversary...it's not always about the sex..ya know. It's about the love..the sex is a bonus!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    ...it's not always about the sex..ya know. It's about the love..the sex is a bonus!
    "Love ain't nothing but Sex misspelled"
    Harlan Ellison

Karl

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Sam, Happy Anniversary...it's not always about the sex..ya know. It's about the love..the sex is a bonus!
    Thanks Karen. I know it's not all about the sex, but I really miss the sex.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Are you using Firefox? Adblock might get rid of it. Seriously, I had no idea how many ads are down the sides of Facebook until I saw it without Adblock. Crazy!
    I am using Firefox. I found Adblock, downloaded and installed it and have now blocked that sucker!! Brilliant! Daghain, you are my heroine. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 ... LastLast