Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Congratulations US on entering the 21st century!
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...-supreme-court
    LONG LONG overdue decision! About friggin time.
    Thanks Everyone! We knew it was going to shake out that way, but it was still pretty surreal yesterday to wake up yesterday in Texas next to my husband of 17 years (I made an addition error earlier, and said 18 years somewhere else). Here is a pic from our LEGAL ceremony in Iowa on 1/6/2012. Now, of course, we're waiting for the other shoe to drop here since we have Greg Abbot, Ted Cruz and Attorney General Ken Paxton that are still blustering, but it's essentially over, the world isn't going to end, and those that thought it was going to will see it's all fine.

Belated congrats!!! We share your joy! Our 30th anniversary is in 9 days. We get the license tomorrow and tie the knot on 7/7.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing ICry4Oy! I'm so thrilled for you!!! If the wind starts blowing the wrong way, and you decide to 'jump the gun' and get the license registered before the 7th and need a quick witness, call on me!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the new shirt in. Liking it.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Wish I had bought one.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't been around much lately. Otherwise occupied! After 29.5 years with the same firm they decided that my position is no longer needed. I was given two weeks to find as new position with the company and then let go. For the two weeks it was like I had some strange and highly contagious disease. No one would talk to me. Now here's the rub. I am in a 60 day rehire period and they can unilaterally offer me a position as much as two salary grades lower than my current. If I don't accept then I lose the bulk of my severance pay. What bullshit! I did receive 60 days pay and will receive a second check for the equivalent of 60 days company provided benefits grossed up. The remainder of 29.5+ weeks pay is dependent on not turning down any unilateral offers, not hiring on with a competitor and signed this god awful release waiver that is so full of legal mumbo jumbo its hard to know what you are signing (away)!

My best hope is that I meet the three criteria and get that severance check. I am a Certified Project Management Professional and certain that I can get another job. I am currently on day 18 of the 60 day rehire period. I have been contacted once by my former company but was not qualified for the position so my severance is still in tact!

I am going to be choosy so long as I get to that remaining severance check. I hope to find a position with a much shorter commute. My last job I had to drive 90 minutes each way! I'd be willing to take less for a 30 minute commute. it's all possible. Just need to remember what the Kung Fu Master told a young David Carradine, "Patience Grasshopper!"

Of course if I hadn't been in a position of needing to highly control spending I would have snagged tickets tot he Bangor Signing. I was already going to be in Upstate New York and could have easily swung a side trip to Maine. But that is no longer in the cards! :-) This morning I had to explain a small Amazon charge to my wife! Yep Drunken Fireworks Cd to be delivered this afternoon!

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't been around much lately. Otherwise occupied! After 29.5 years with the same firm they decided that my position is no longer needed. I was given two weeks to find as new position with the company and then let go. For the two weeks it was like I had some strange and highly contagious disease. No one would talk to me. Now here's the rub. I am in a 60 day rehire period and they can unilaterally offer me a position as much as two salary grades lower than my current. If I don't accept then I lose the bulk of my severance pay. What bullshit! I did receive 60 days pay and will receive a second check for the equivalent of 60 days company provided benefits grossed up. The remainder of 29.5+ weeks pay is dependent on not turning down any unilateral offers, not hiring on with a competitor and signed this god awful release waiver that is so full of legal mumbo jumbo its hard to know what you are signing (away)!

My best hope is that I meet the three criteria and get that severance check. I am a Certified Project Management Professional and certain that I can get another job. I am currently on day 18 of the 60 day rehire period. I have been contacted once by my former company but was not qualified for the position so my severance is still in tact!

I am going to be choosy so long as I get to that remaining severance check. I hope to find a position with a much shorter commute. My last job I had to drive 90 minutes each way! I'd be willing to take less for a 30 minute commute. it's all possible. Just need to remember what the Kung Fu Master told a young David Carradine, "Patience Grasshopper!"

Of course if I hadn't been in a position of needing to highly control spending I would have snagged tickets tot he Bangor Signing. I was already going to be in Upstate New York and could have easily swung a side trip to Maine. But that is no longer in the cards! :-) This morning I had to explain a small Amazon charge to my wife! Yep Drunken Fireworks Cd to be delivered this afternoon!

Spoiler:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck to you, Bob. Hang in there!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, that really sucks. Best of luck in finding a new position more to your liking!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes change is good, and who knows, maybe things will be "better" at the next position, whenever you find one.
    Good luck !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob
    That is crappy. Truly. Hopefully you can find something closer. 90 minutes one way is unreal...
    I have less than a ten minute with no traffic ride each way and it is very nice.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Bob,
    My best wishes to you in finding a new job. Sorry you are having to go through all this.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I understand what you're going through. The school systems in Virginia are doing the same thing. I'm having to look myself.

I wish you the best grasshopper. I have no doubt you will land on both feet.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wishing you all the best Bob.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sending good feelings so you can find something better soon, Bob!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to all - Lemons to Lemonade right! :-)

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck Bob, whether it is a new start with full severance, or a new position with your legacy company (keeping your initial startdate for retirement I hope) with a shorter commute.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks on the board!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck Bob....I hate when companies do that to long-term valued employees.....I was in same position myself almost 6 years ago....some rough times, but am confident you, Bob, will land gracefully on your feet again!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I lost my job for a year and a half before they rehired me. I played music and did a tour. Point is, try having fun while you aren't working.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed that pre-qualified turns into qualified and that there are no unexpected problems.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm cleaning up the downstairs spare bedroom the other day and I pull a guitar box out from under the bed. No big deal, have a couple others under there, but this one says "Goya Acoustic 12-String" on it, in my handwriting. Now seeing as I don't own a Goya Acoustic 12-String, my curiosity was understandably aroused. I ripped all the old tape off the box, watched a military TMO moving sticker fall to the floor, and opened it up to find .... a Goya Acoustic 12-String. More specifically, a C.F. Martin Goya G415 Dreadnought (manufactured sometime between 1981 and 1996). Hmmmmmm.

It's missing a couple of tuning pegs, all of the bridge pins, and has no strings, but otherwise is a beautiful guitar ... and I have absolutely no idea where or when I got it. The box had two moving stickers on it, which means I moved it with my household goods at least twice ... once from Germany and once from Florida ... so that takes it back to 2005 at least. The missing components tell me I probably picked it up at a yard sale or a flea market or something; but then I have a flashback. I go digging through my other guitar cases, and in one of them I find the missing 12 bridge pins and tuning pegs. The tuning pegs are broken, which means I probably took the whole shebang apart to replace them and never did. Funny part is, except for the weird little flashback, I've got no memory of this guitar at all.

So I've ordered a new set of tuning pegs, bought some strings, and should be putting this baby together in a few days. This will make #8; I've also got a 1991 Samick Electric Acoustic, Harmony H80T, Fender Stratocaster, Keith Urban Player Electric Acoustic, a handmade classical that I got in Panama, handmade Antoniosai Electric 12-String, and handmade Antoniosai Mandolin. What I don't have, apparently, is good memory ... the price you pay for all those San Miguels and Red Horses in your youth. I guess anyway; I don't quite remember.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    So I'm cleaning up the downstairs spare bedroom the other day and I pull a guitar box out from under the bed. No big deal, have a couple others under there, but this one says "Goya Acoustic 12-String" on it, in my handwriting. Now seeing as I don't own a Goya Acoustic 12-String, my curiosity was understandably aroused. I ripped all the old tape off the box, watched a military TMO moving sticker fall to the floor, and opened it up to find .... a Goya Acoustic 12-String. More specifically, a C.F. Martin Goya G415 Dreadnought (manufactured sometime between 1981 and 1996). Hmmmmmm.

It's missing a couple of tuning pegs, all of the bridge pins, and has no strings, but otherwise is a beautiful guitar ... and I have absolutely no idea where or when I got it. The box had two moving stickers on it, which means I moved it with my household goods at least twice ... once from Germany and once from Florida ... so that takes it back to 2005 at least. The missing components tell me I probably picked it up at a yard sale or a flea market or something; but then I have a flashback. I go digging through my other guitar cases, and in one of them I find the missing 12 bridge pins and tuning pegs. The tuning pegs are broken, which means I probably took the whole shebang apart to replace them and never did. Funny part is, except for the weird little flashback, I've got no memory of this guitar at all.

So I've ordered a new set of tuning pegs, bought some strings, and should be putting this baby together in a few days. This will make #8; I've also got a 1991 Samick Electric Acoustic, Harmony H80T, Fender Stratocaster, Keith Urban Player Electric Acoustic, a handmade classical that I got in Panama, handmade Antoniosai Electric 12-String, and handmade Antoniosai Mandolin. What I don't have, apparently, is good memory ... the price you pay for all those San Miguels and Red Horses in your youth. I guess anyway; I don't quite remember.

George, I'm sure that's what they call a "senior moment"!

Congratulations on the find!

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great find.... now if you can just remember how to play it.

sounds like my forgetting all about the Lettered "It" I bought, then finding it a couple of years later, still unopened from it's shipping box... and not remember ordering it or getting it.

It's hell getting old... but then, sometimes it's like a surprise birthday party... which can be fun.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the find. I've had some moments like that myself. At least the good part is it's like getting a surprise gift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 972 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 ... LastLast