Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 972 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 855 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Applied to ebay in California. let's see if something happens...
    Good luck! If you come out to Santa Clara, be sure to let us know. I'd go up to San Jose to meet you. Jerome would likely go over as well.
    Are you & Jerome leaving in Santa Clara, which is just next to San Jose apparently?
    I guess that you like life out there?
    Patrick lives ~35 miles south of Santa Clara, and I live ~40 miles North of Santa Clara. I love living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Perhaps the only negative is heavy traffic.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the information.
    Since the end of last year, i keep on watching the job offers available @ Goodreads... which is in San Francisco. Nothing in my field though. But eBay would be quite cool
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you really not really happy with your current job or are you constantly looking for jobs outside France? Because you seem to look for positions everywhere!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I spent the last 2 years and half here, and i am listening to the job market in my field. I Know that other brands pays more for the same job, so...
    Furthermore, i cannot stand the latest big mission here. It's a REAL NIGHTMARE!

So i am looking at opportunities. I notice that some BIG and very interesting companies are recruiting. And for a company & a job that really interests me, yes, i am opened to moving abroad. But for something that REALLY interests me (eg : nice career evolution and pays well) as moving abroad is not hassle free nor free.

I know that my girlfriend is sick of being here, sick of big cities... and she's tired of not getting anywhere in fashion. So she's ok to move somewhere else if needed.

So far, i was interested in jobs in : Paris (very far lol, several companies), Amsterdam (ebay/kijiji), Zurich (ebay.co.uk), Canada (abebooks), USA (ebay.com). No luck so far with all the companies...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well the Bay Area is one of biggest cities around, so she won't like it much.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whats people's opinion about bringing a portfolio to distribute at a Job Fair. Personally, I would have just brought a long and short version of my resume/CV.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Good luck! If you come out to Santa Clara, be sure to let us know. I'd go up to San Jose to meet you. Jerome would likely go over as well.
    Are you & Jerome leaving in Santa Clara, which is just next to San Jose apparently?
    I guess that you like life out there?
    Neither of us live in Santa Clara County, but we are both about an hour's driving distance from different directions from San Jose (Jerome is to the north, I'm to the south).

EDIT: just noticed that Jerome already responded. Never mind.
    Last edited by Patrick; 06-21-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: D'oh.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I think it depends on which part of the Bay Area they make their home and livelihood. Also, it depends on if she sick of people altogether or if density is the issue. Campbell or Mountain View are not the same experience as San Francisco, for example, and neither are like big cities such as New York or Los Angeles.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alameda isn't the same as SF either, but it's still just part of one big ass area with way too many people in it. I'm sure there are some places within a few (less then 10 miles) of the actual bay that are not quite as over run as the rest of it.
    Christine

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It certainly isn't sparse, that's for sure, but down where eBay is headquartered on Hamilton Avenue in SJ, I think there are more options besides the stereotypical big city living environment. It depends on what aspect of "big city" they want to escape.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On another note, there is a completely spur of the moment shareholders meeting in progress right this moment on Cannery Row...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You meet the strangest people at the Monterey Bay Aquarium...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, Jeremy! Hope you get something cool soon then!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Yay it's open again.

Looks like you guys are having fun.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Whats people's opinion about bringing a portfolio to distribute at a Job Fair. Personally, I would have just brought a long and short version of my resume/CV.
    Usually, people will bring a CV. Be a bit different, and bring your portfolio, if it's relevant for the kind of jobs you are interested.
    As a side note, couple of years ago (?), we created about 100 collection lookbook/CVs for my girlfriend, and sent them away to some fashion companies. Didnt bring anything... but we tried :-(
    cf the lookbook on this page >>> http://www.lauramoodley.com/portfoli...ris-2/?lang=en
    Printed it was quite nice!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    San Jose was #1 in a recent survey of best cities in the USA to work in.
    http://blog.sfgate.com/gettowork/201...-u-s/#13443-15

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    San Jose was #1 in a recent survey of best cities in the USA to work in.
    If that's you and Patrick "working" on the site up thread I can see why

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I am visiting San Francisco next week. Can anyone recommend a book shop that might sell any King collectables?
    Thanks

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I can't personally vouch for any. But here is a list with reviews:
    http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...rancisco%2C+CA

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Praise jesus! The PX bookstore finally receveid in copies of Joyland.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks for the list.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon's Freedom Date:
    September 29, 2013

I'm out, I'm out, I'm out! Freedom!

I'm sorry, Sir. I know that you know I am more intelligent, capable, reliable, fair, motivated, hard-working, open-minded, and efficient than you and that is why you try to make me clean other people's shit off of the toilets every Friday afternoon, but now you're just gonna have to "tell" someone else to do it. Shannon don't clean other people's shit. Nope.

Freedom! What the hell do I want to do? Hmmmmm ... so many things.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Shannon's Freedom Date:
    September 29, 2013

I'm out, I'm out, I'm out! Freedom!

I'm sorry, Sir. I know that you know I am more intelligent, capable, reliable, fair, motivated, hard-working, open-minded, and efficient than you and that is why you try to make me clean other people's shit off of the toilets every Friday afternoon, but now you're just gonna have to "tell" someone else to do it. Shannon don't clean other people's shit. Nope.

Freedom! What the hell do I want to do? Hmmmmm ... so many things.
    Don't blame "the man". You signed up for the tour. Millions of service members, but it's a pyramid. Most serve SOAS, and many clean the head. Very few are the "Top Gun".

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No, not blaming anyone. The military has had some real perks, don't get me wrong. But I'm ready for a real job. Maybe one that requires skill and critical thinking? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 972 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 855 ... LastLast