Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 972 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    My feeling is that some of the reasons for this kind of illiteracy is that (1) people generally tend to read less literature these days, or less of what I would call 'serious' literature, with proper language and considerable vocabulary; and (2) even when they read it (or, more likely, skim it), they don't visually 'memorize" proper spelling. Why, I don't know. But this tendency of language simplification (or is it bastardization?) goes beyond just the English language, I'm afraid. I see it in my native Russian all the time.
    Mostly because there is no "app" for it on their iphone...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to show everybody what the kids got from donations so far (just yours, not the stuff that my wife and I gave before Thanksgiving).

These were $119 altogether, leaving $31 in the pot (my son threw in $5 from his piggy bank to make it an even $150). I've heard there's a check in the mail (literally!) from an anonymous Yankees fan; that will bring us back up to $81, so we'll keep helping out where we can.

I was also looking into the 'Coats for Kids' previously mentioned, they've been merged with Operation Warm. OW started off in the DC area but has now gone nationwide. They only provide new winter coats to kids (nothing used) and have distributed over a million so far. A worthy cause IMO, the only thing missing is the face-to-face with the kids you're helping (which I personally enjoy).

Anyhoo, merci beaucoup per tutto l'assistance con el ninos. :-)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

They look great!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Fun with sentences.

The bandage was wound around the wound.
    The farm was used to produce produce.
    The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    We must polish the Polish furniture.
    He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
    A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
    When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    I did not object to the object.
    The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
    They were too close to the door to close it.
    The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
    To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
    After a number of injections my jaw got number.
    Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
    I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

shows how tricky English can be!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Movers arriving tommorow to start packing us up. I feel just a bit overwhelmed right now. How have you world travelers and frequent movers managed this? The good news is my book collection is snugly packed away in layers and layers of cardboard, bubble-wrap, and packing peanuts.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The biggest problem with international movement is climate. Condensation due to variant temperature can destroy anything.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The biggest problem with international movement is climate. Condensation due to variant temperature can destroy anything.
    Thanks for the words of comfort. LOL

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Thanks for the words of comfort. LOL

Fucking Scots never have anything nice to say that doesn't involve William Wallace and a sheep!! LOL LOL LOL A terrible result of all the rain and muck, but what you gonna do? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Fucking Scots never have anything nice to say that doesn't involve William Wallace and a sheep!! LOL LOL LOL A terrible result of all the rain and muck, but what you gonna do? LOL LOL LOL
    I resemble that remark!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How have you world travelers and frequent movers managed this?
    It gets easier after about the sixth trip to the other side of the planet. Best thing you can do is have it all separated and prepped so that it goes in groups, otherwise they'll just stuff shit in boxes where there's space and you'll never find it. Also, they will be attaching a little numbered sticker to every single item and writing it down ... make sure its all accurate. If they write "figurine" and it's actually a $2000 Hummel or something, you need to have them write accurate descriptions. Ditto for the books; they'll have a separate high value listing, make sure that stuff gets on there. If you haven't already done it, you need digital photos of absolutely everything; every room, every shelf, all stuff. Without those you won't be able to figure out what's missing later on, or prove damage. As they close boxes, they will write on the outside "Bedroom" or something; after they write that, you should write some of the stuff that's actually inside.

Bear in mind that all your stuff will be going over on a boat, in winter, in a container, on a deck. There won't be any climate control or anything like that, so if you haven't already done it some of the little dessicant packages in with the books can't hurt. For your vehicle, give it a good coat of wax or three ... that makes it easier to get off the oil that drips from the car above it.

Don't be afraid to mail yourselves all of the necessary stuff to live for the first three months; postage is reimburseable up to a certain amount (it varies). I mailed about a dozen big boxes when I came back last time. You should mail winter clothes, documents, important personal items, photos you can't lose, a backup hard drive, collections (coins, stamps, etc.). Clothes especially, no need to travel with ten suitcases.

No way to be ready for everything, you'll learn it as you go along. In 26 years I really only had one really bad move where a lot got destroyed. You'll be fine.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tips, George. Vehicle is good to go, books and personal items hand packaged by me, photos taken and inventory list generated, and we are sending ourselves a few boxes of personal items. I think the only thing we may have done is over-packed the luggage. I will reassess this with my wife this evening and see if we want to mail ourselves an extra box or two to lighten the luggage load.

Back to work for me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you're on top of things, Ben. Good luck with the move!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ben Staad: it does sound overwhelming (I can't even imagine packing literally all my life to transplant it to a new place), so best of luck with your move. Hope everything goes smoothly!
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    El hombre de negro huyó a través del desierto, y siguió al pistolero.
    Why is the man in black following the gunslinger?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    How have you world travelers and frequent movers managed this?
    It gets easier after about the sixth trip to the other side of the planet. Best thing you can do is have it all separated and prepped so that it goes in groups, otherwise they'll just stuff shit in boxes where there's space and you'll never find it. Also, they will be attaching a little numbered sticker to every single item and writing it down ... make sure its all accurate. If they write "figurine" and it's actually a $2000 Hummel or something, you need to have them write accurate descriptions. Ditto for the books; they'll have a separate high value listing, make sure that stuff gets on there. If you haven't already done it, you need digital photos of absolutely everything; every room, every shelf, all stuff. Without those you won't be able to figure out what's missing later on, or prove damage. As they close boxes, they will write on the outside "Bedroom" or something; after they write that, you should write some of the stuff that's actually inside.

Bear in mind that all your stuff will be going over on a boat, in winter, in a container, on a deck. There won't be any climate control or anything like that, so if you haven't already done it some of the little dessicant packages in with the books can't hurt. For your vehicle, give it a good coat of wax or three ... that makes it easier to get off the oil that drips from the car above it.

Don't be afraid to mail yourselves all of the necessary stuff to live for the first three months; postage is reimburseable up to a certain amount (it varies). I mailed about a dozen big boxes when I came back last time. You should mail winter clothes, documents, important personal items, photos you can't lose, a backup hard drive, collections (coins, stamps, etc.). Clothes especially, no need to travel with ten suitcases.

No way to be ready for everything, you'll learn it as you go along. In 26 years I really only had one really bad move where a lot got destroyed. You'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the tips, George. Vehicle is good to go, books and personal items hand packaged by me, photos taken and inventory list generated, and we are sending ourselves a few boxes of personal items. I think the only thing we may have done is over-packed the luggage. I will reassess this with my wife this evening and see if we want to mail ourselves an extra box or two to lighten the luggage load.

Back to work for me.
    That is all sage advice and should be well heeded. Also, if you have anything being shipped that is very valuable (like a $2,000.00 Hummel) It's imperative to have a recent appraisal or the insurance company will try to screw you if its damaged. I found that out the hard way (On a classic German Stein)!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

first post of two...
    I wrote this poem mid December 1999 for a white elephant party....
    A Y2K Christmas

Twas a week after Christmas, when all through the house
    Not a computer was workin',not even a mouse.
    All stockings were washed, by hand with great care,
    'Cause all the washing machines quit workin', on the first day of the year.

The citizens were restless, quite a few packin' lead,
    Having visions of vandals, and winding up dead;
    Wear a bullet-proofed vest, or you may end up capped,
    You best keep one eye opened, while takin' a nap.

And down in the streets, there arose such a clatter,
    People rioting and stealing, like nothin' else mattered;
    Keep away from the windows, when you see a big flash,
    'Cause it's probably gunfire, someone protectin' their stash.
    You walk to the store, your food's running low,
    Got a nice new car, but you find it won't go;
    So many ignore the warnings, said there's nothin' to fear,
    "That when 2000 comes, It’s just another year.

With little chips designed, so tiny and quick,
    That made our jobs easier, 'till they decided to quit.
    More rapid over the years, the programs became,
    Made by high tech companies, who we all know by name.

Now Microsoft! Now Motorola! Now AMD and Intel!
    There's TI and Apple, Samsung and Dell!
    Stocks rose to the top, seemed never to fall!
    Now the cash is all gone, there's no cash at all!

The plane's are all grounded, not a one can fly,
    'Cause on the first day of the year, they all fell from the sky;
    While on the desktops, where cursors once flew;
    No work can be done, no work can be viewed.
    The pixels don't twinkle, the computer's aloof;
    Y2k has arrived...and there's plenty of proof;
    For all those who believed not, just look around,
    Civilization has fallen, like a stone to the ground.

Put on the fur coat, cover from your head to your feet,
    The furnaces won't work, there’s no way to get heat.
    The clocks aren't turning, none of them chime,
    Twelve midnight they all read, it was a question of time.

Since all time has stop, for at least the next year,
    How will we tell when next Christmas draws near!
    No presents to be bought, no lights to be hung,
    No turkey to be cooked, no carols to be sung,
    But as blight as it gets, there still is some light,
    As long as we keep our friends, all will be right;
    So as this year ends, there's but one thing to say,
    "HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!"

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I nostologically reposted the above to my facebook wall and my Father made a comment that Thankful, that this all didn't come to pass...

upon rereading it, some lines stood out to me and made me go... HMMMMMMM....

“Stocks rose to the top, seemed never to fall!
    Now the cash is all gone, there's no cash at all!

The plane's are all grounded, not a one can fly,
    'Cause on the first day of the year, they all fell from the sky;”

and then... the .com bubble burst
    and the market crashed on March 10, 2000
    and all the companies mentioned in the poem... all of them took a hit.
    plus hundreds of other went bankrupt.

and then... the planes fell from the sky on 9/11
    and for the first time in history, all air traffic was grounded....

I know... coincidence... but pretty weird still.

then there's the line...
    “Civilization has fallen, like a stone to the ground.”

which pretty much describes literally and figuratively what happened when the trade towers fell.

again, just a weird coincidence... but it just made me go HMMMM...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your poem, retrospectively, I find to be way cool, content wise (and, I like the poem itself - which is unusual in and of itself) - well done mate
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Sir-Boomme - that is an excellent poem! While being humorous it also conveys all the y2k concerns we had. Nicely done.
    And as it turns out you're also a bit of a psychic.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ideal present for Christmas

Searching for Christmas presents for my girlfriend and this came up, made me laugh!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/t...ans-of-the-shi

Brilliant!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wife and daughter leaving for Germany tomorrow!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is a very sad day for my wife and our family. Her niece who is 34 and her daughter who is 9 and were found today after missing for a week. Last Sunday they stopped for fuel in Utah in their one prop plane and she texted her sister saying they would be home in three hours and were never heard from again. Planes and people searched all week and they were finally found all deceased instantly as the plane hit the ground only 15 minutes after they filled up in Utah on the way to Wyoming. The pilot was Trista, the niece's boyfriend. It was a tough week not knowing if they would be found at all because of the mountains and forests but that dreadful phone call came today that they had all passed away. The FAA is now trying to figure out what and how it happened as Matt was an experienced pilot. Needless to say it is a sad day at our house.
    Life is so short-enjoy it while you can. Give your loved ones an extra hug or kiss today.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

That sounds horrible. Sorry for your loss.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 972 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 ... LastLast