Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 971 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That's yearly base salary with taxes in. I'm not sure how it's in France but we get paid by-weekly. So divide the ammount X by 26 and subtract the appropriate tax ammount and that's your net pay. You can find the tax brackets on government websites.
    Getting paid 2 weeks at a time? I cant believe how that would be (we get paid monthly).
    About the tax : so it's like in the UK? It's deducted right away of your wage?

It's sort of complicated in France : your employer pays taxes monthly for you... but as a person, every year you claim your income (march or june, i dont remember)... and then have to pay the tax (usually a whole month) or in 1 time (october i think), or per term, or per months (which i choose).
    The first time you pay tax, they ask you to pay it all at once (although i went to see them, and was able to pay in 3 times. Still a bloody pain).

Any link in particular regarding this tax and what percentage it is or something?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tax brackets: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html Figure out how much your net will be when you combine federal and provincial tax. There's alse EI (unemployment, we all pay into it) and CPP (pension) as far as deductions go. I've never done my own taxes, I can't be bothered. I'll pay an agency to do that for a fee + percentage. That way if there is a calculating error, it's their responsibility.

Typically taxes are deducated from each pay. You'll present your tax forms when you do your taxes next year and depending on how much you paid, you'll get either a refund or you'll owe money.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tax brackets: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html Figure out how much your net will be when you combine federal and provincial tax. There's alse EI (unemployment, we all pay into it) and CPP (pension) as far as deductions go. I've never done my own taxes, I can't be bothered. I'll pay an agency to do that for a fee + percentage. That way if there is a calculating error, it's their responsibility.

Typically taxes are deducated from each pay. You'll present your tax forms when you do your taxes next year and depending on how much you paid, you'll get either a refund or you'll owe money.
    Cool link. Is there a local municipality tax as well or are the provinces it?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are those Canadian percentages or American percentages?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Are those Canadian percentages or American percentages?
    LOL!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you get taxes off your wage, AND you claim your taxes annually and may owe them even more money?
    Sounds complicated

Thanks anyway for all the answers.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

// work : about 16h left before the delivery of a website to our client. we've been working on this project since over a year. still plenty bugs to fix. plenty shite on something. looks like it's gonna be a long & funny night...
    -_-

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    // work : about 16h left before the delivery of a website to our client. we've been working on this project since over a year. still plenty bugs to fix. plenty shite on something. looks like it's gonna be a long & funny night...
    -_-
    Best of luck to you!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

It was a no go at this state... so we have some extra days to improve it more....

I was planning to leave early today (like 4-5pm... it's almost 8pm), and have a very good + quiet week-end...

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Making a Stephen King Fan
    Step 1: Gestate.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post

Here is the sonogram from my short story:

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought there were a few other steps before gestation?
    we'll maybe it's a bit different for making a SK fan, either way..... Congratulations !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Jerome, that is awesome!!!

And Richard, I suppose I could have included procreate, conceive... but I didn't have photos to include.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, that is awesome!!!

And Richard, I suppose I could have included procreate, conceive... but I didn't have photos to include.
    Sure you don't.

P.S. Congrats to you and your hubby! Very exciting indeed.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big time Congrats, Krystal!!!! You're gonna make an absolutely wonderful Mom!!!!

I used "Blue" to signify my vote!!! LOL Do you know yet?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired

lol Thanks, Bill!! We're not going to find out until the lil' one is born... but we're hoping for a girl to marry your grandson!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

lol Thanks, Bill!! We're not going to find out until the lil' one is born... but we're hoping for a girl to marry your grandson!
    Well now, that sounds like a plan.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well now, that sounds like a plan.
    Bill?? .... related to someone who can actually read? Now THAT would be amazing!!

Congrats on the yung-un!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Waaaah! most likely going to be laid off on Monday - 8 years with AMD, but looks like it's going to be a massive layoff and I just happen to be caught on a project/chip that is being cancelled.

and... even worse, The Longhorns just got creamed by OU - this weekend Really SUCKS!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Waaaah! most likely going to be laid off on Monday - 8 years with AMD, but looks like it's going to be a massive layoff and I just happen to be caught on a project/chip that is being cancelled.

and... even worse, The Longhorns just got creamed by OU - this weekend Really SUCKS!
    Very sorry to hear that. I know how a lay-off feels so good luck and best wishes.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there's a bright side - this just may give you a chance to make a living off of your art!! ('Course you'd need to figure out how to pay your models......... (?pay it in trade?)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin IV was christened today!!!!! He was a real champ in church!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for you if that's the case.

""AMD is preparing to lay off 20 to 30 percent of its workforce after warning of a 10 percent decline in Q3 revenues driven by the weak global economy and PC sales, according to AllThingsD's Arik Hesseldehl. The layoffs will reportedly focus on engineering and sales, and are in addition to a 10 percent headcount reduction 11 months ago. Teams of consultants from McKinsey and Boston Consulting Group are reportedly swarming headquarters to advise the CEO Rory Read, who took over from Dirk Meyer a little over a year ago; several senior executives, including the CFO, have recently departed.""
    Source : http://slashdot.org/story/12/10/13/0...massive-layoff

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Sorry for you if that's the case.

""AMD is preparing to lay off 20 to 30 percent of its workforce after warning of a 10 percent decline in Q3 revenues driven by the weak global economy and PC sales, according to AllThingsD's Arik Hesseldehl. The layoffs will reportedly focus on engineering and sales, and are in addition to a 10 percent headcount reduction 11 months ago. Teams of consultants from McKinsey and Boston Consulting Group are reportedly swarming headquarters to advise the CEO Rory Read, who took over from Dirk Meyer a little over a year ago; several senior executives, including the CFO, have recently departed.""
    Source : http://slashdot.org/story/12/10/13/0...massive-layoff
    yeah... if we were a bank or automotive industry - the government would bail us out.

that's why I was against the bailouts ( bush and obama's version) it's only good for certain companies. My tax money was used to bail out the car industry, but the car industry doesn't have to bail out the tech industry - sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 971 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 ... LastLast