Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 971 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 762 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Great. So not only do I have 30+ years of smoking working against me I also have the California sun. Thanks guys.

Ok so drinking and not smoking doesnt work. I did a preliminary run with a foo foo (fu fu? fuh fuh?) drink before venturing out (perk of my eldest having a bartender for a girlfriend - really really good drinks) and right about now I would like to dismember, torment, torture, yell at, argue with, or any other number of abusive things to anyone near me. Actually I just want a cigarette. First time this week that I think I may just go completely psycho if I dont smoke right now. This is worse than giving birth. Im not going out tonight. And I dont care if they're pissed at me. I really do not want to smoke anymore so theres no way I can drink until Im a fully acclimated non smoker. Which really sucks. But seriously I am actually considering combing thru the trash for old cigarett butts. How disgusting is that?
    Sorry Im bitching away here but if I dont do it here Ill be typing up really nasty emails to people that I owe really nasty emails to and I think I would rather save that for when Im not feeling so psycho. I hope that this is really only for 2 weeks otherwise there is no way in hell Im going to get through this
    Have you looked into these "smokeless" cigarettes? IDK much about them (other than they are really expensive), but maybe you'll find some solace there? Just trying to help. Reminds me of that old movie "Cold Turkey" where the entire town tried to quit. The old drunk explained that his drinking pouch was connected to his smoking pouch!!! LOL Still a funny movie for smoker's today!! Good Luck!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

those have gasoline in them (or some sort of derivitative, so im told). They also have nicotine, so whats the point? Im trying not to put shit in my lungs so I can last long enuf to corrupt a grandchild. I looked at the options and the only way to do it is to do it - cold turkey no substitutes. Of course no one told me I would mostly likely spend those final years in a jail cell for murder as the trade off to quitting
    reality continues to ruin my life

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Great. So not only do I have 30+ years of smoking working against me I also have the California sun. Thanks guys.

Ok so drinking and not smoking doesnt work. I did a preliminary run with a foo foo (fu fu? fuh fuh?) drink before venturing out (perk of my eldest having a bartender for a girlfriend - really really good drinks) and right about now I would like to dismember, torment, torture, yell at, argue with, or any other number of abusive things to anyone near me. Actually I just want a cigarette. First time this week that I think I may just go completely psycho if I dont smoke right now. This is worse than giving birth. Im not going out tonight. And I dont care if they're pissed at me. I really do not want to smoke anymore so theres no way I can drink until Im a fully acclimated non smoker. Which really sucks. But seriously I am actually considering combing thru the trash for old cigarett butts. How disgusting is that?
    Sorry Im bitching away here but if I dont do it here Ill be typing up really nasty emails to people that I owe really nasty emails to and I think I would rather save that for when Im not feeling so psycho. I hope that this is really only for 2 weeks otherwise there is no way in hell Im going to get through this
    Keep with it, Nadine, it gets better.

I quit cold turkey in February and I had to quit drinking for about 2 months to win. everytime I was drinking or around people drinking and smoking it made me want one so bad that I couldn't handle it. Now I can drink and what helps is that I've never allowed smoking in my house, even when I smoked, so it's ok with me. Another thing that helped me quit is coffee and sunflower seeds. Idk, to each his own.

Good luck with it, stay strong. It's worth it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember your health is important. If you have to randomly murder someone every fifteen minutes or so...well, I'm sure they'd want to help you quit.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Keep with it, Nadine, it gets better.

I quit cold turkey in February and I had to quit drinking for about 2 months to win. everytime I was drinking or around people drinking and smoking it made me want one so bad that I couldn't handle it. Now I can drink and what helps is that I've never allowed smoking in my house, even when I smoked, so it's ok with me. Another thing that helped me quit is coffee and sunflower seeds. Idk, to each his own.

Good luck with it, stay strong. It's worth it.
    2 months? Really? I was really hoping the worst of it would be over in a few weeks.
    But you are right about the coffee.
    I did cheat last night. I didnt stoop so low as to dumpster dive for butts but I did go to the local starbucks hangout and stood behind a guy smoking outside and inhaled deep of his second hand smoke. Not proud of the moment but it did take the edge off. Then I had lots of coffee.
    Upside of coffee - it does help with the craving.
    Downside of coffee - keeps you up at night
    Upside of not sleeping - read more

So the rest of this weekend Im switching gears altogether. Im headed out to my friends house in the boondocks - no cell phone range, no internet, no cigarettes and no alcohol. Lots of dvds, scrabble, jacuzzi with cold water and tons of coffee and food and amazing views. Im feeling hopeful Ill get through today and tomorrow.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Remember your health is important. If you have to randomly murder someone every fifteen minutes or so...well, I'm sure they'd want to help you quit.

You know I tried that. You'd be surprised how many are just not with the program. Not feeling the love.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just keep coming hear and typing. The longer the diatribe the better.. Maybe go through and edit the entire Catalog. Find a very time consuming project, and take it on.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I tried that. You'd be surprised how many are just not with the program. Not feeling the love.
    Yeah, I tried too. I once went 23 hours without a cigarette. You know those vast desert areas in New Mexico, Arizona, and Cali? Yeah, you guessed it before I tried to quit they were all bustling Metropolises.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to quit as well. For Amber's sake, of course, who is down to about two or three a day. Our goal: at the halfway point (20 weeks) of the pregnancy, quit. She is currently 18 weeks. Whew!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear that Chantix stuff is pretty good. My brother tried it and swears by it. Stopped 18-19 months ago!!! They say the oral and hand habits are the toughest though from a Psyche standpoint. Me? they'll just bury me with a cig in one hand still lit!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of which ... smoke-break!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Speaking of which ... smoke-break!
    I had one whilst I was typing!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, y'all quit teasing our trying to quit friend.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, y'all quit teasing our trying to quit friend.
    Fair enough!!! Go Nadine!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

You know what I noticed? When I used to smoke, if I ran out and asked a coworker for a ciggy they'd always give me one, but complain about bums while doing it. Once I quit I couldn't walk by a smoker without them offering me a cigarette.

Assholes.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I hear that Chantix stuff is pretty good.
    Chantix? Oh my God. Have you seen those commercials? It's three minutes of side-effects!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy

My coworkers that use it say it gives them some interesting dreams.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    You know what I noticed? When I used to smoke, if I ran out and asked a coworker for a ciggy they'd always give me one, but complain about bums while doing it. Once I quit I couldn't walk by a smoker without them offering me a cigarette.

Assholes.
    I'll pretty much give anyone a smoke unless they constantly bum from me (and some even then). I know how horrible it is not to have any when you want one.

If you rescue me

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Constantly bumming ios how I quit. My roommate in college (1978) bummed cigs from me all the time. At the time I was smoking two packs a day - one Old Gold Filters and one Newport menthol. I know crazy! Anyway one evening around 11pm (12/7/78) Mke asked for a cig and it put me over teh top. He could afford his own but was just too dam lazy to go out and buy them. Well I reached into my shirt pocket and there was my pack of Old golds with one cig left. I was probably going to stop on the way to class in the morning and buy more. Well I pulled out the one lone coffin nail and looked at it. I said buy your own fuc king cigarettes, I quit! And as I said that i crumpled teh cigarette into a billion shreds. I havent had a cigarette since.

One of the smartest unpolanned events of my life. I lost the stains on my teeth and fingers, I gained much more energy and breath! Now I abhor cigarette smoking. If others want to smike so bi it. its their right! I just don't like to breath in their exhallations or smell their breath in the elevator at work!

Just my two cents. Go Nadine you can quit! You too Shannon and Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it - I promise!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally... after living in Europe for the past seven years we are back in the U.S.A for good! It was an awesome time and we will miss the traveling but it is good to be home! Woo hooo!!!

SKC

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKiloCollector View Post
    Finally... after living in Europe for the past seven years we are back in the U.S.A for good! It was an awesome time and we will miss the traveling but it is good to be home! Woo hooo!!!

SKC
    Welcome Home!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I thought this is an interesting article. The 15 highest paid authors in 2012....and no, Stephen King is not #1 highest paid!.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2012/...2/Rick-Riordan

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And so the 2012 London Olympics come to an end!!!! What a wild ride!!! I have to say that the Men's and Women's Swimming was the high point for me, but still an AMAZING athletic contest for all. Plus, the U.S. tops the medal charts!!! So many great stories of determination and perseverance!!!! Kudo's to all competitors!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Brazil vs Russia men's volleyball game! Very exciting! Watched a LOT of Diving & Gymanstics as well as some selected track and field events.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 971 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 762 ... LastLast