Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 971 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 755 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems so crazy : seems like there are shootings everywhere in the USA. Everywhere it shouldnt be any : schools, cinema...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Watched an episode of Pawn Stars on The History Channel tonight. The teaser showed a guy bringing in a "first edition" copy of DRACULA "signed" by Bram Stoker. I immediately recognized the book as the Grosset & Dunlap edition published in the USA to coincide with the stage play that was then playing on Broadway. Probably from the late 1920's and before the Bela Lugosi movie. The Stoker signature was dated 1897. I called my wife to watch the show and I was going to show off my knowledge on the subject. I figured they would eat the guy alive.

I was absolutely shocked when they called in an autograph expert (Drew Max) and he declared the item to be legit. Stoker died in 1912 so there was no way he could have signed the book. I will never trust anything I see on that show again.

Knowing I couldn't be the only one who picked up on the forgery I went to the internet and found that the episode aired in September 2011 and others picked up on it too. The "expert" also has a shady reputation. Here is a link (the comments are pretty revealing):

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...-stoker-signed

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I felt a tickle on my shoulder this afternoon and do the brush off thing - turns out to be one of those nasty two inch moths. And he lands on my lap so I jump up screaming and waving my hands (its just what us girls do - and some guys too actually) so he starts flying towards the back door which is open and OMG a big ass crow swoops in and catches the moth mid flight and flies back out again. Felt like I was in the middle of a Wild Kingdom documentary.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Watched an episode of Pawn Stars on The History Channel tonight. The teaser showed a guy bringing in a "first edition" copy of DRACULA "signed" by Bram Stoker. I immediately recognized the book as the Grosset & Dunlap edition published in the USA to coincide with the stage play that was then playing on Broadway. Probably from the late 1920's and before the Bela Lugosi movie. The Stoker signature was dated 1897. I called my wife to watch the show and I was going to show off my knowledge on the subject. I figured they would eat the guy alive.

I was absolutely shocked when they called in an autograph expert (Drew Max) and he declared the item to be legit. Stoker died in 1912 so there was no way he could have signed the book. I will never trust anything I see on that show again.

Knowing I couldn't be the only one who picked up on the forgery I went to the internet and found that the episode aired in September 2011 and others picked up on it too. The "expert" also has a shady reputation. Here is a link (the comments are pretty revealing):

What the hell? Had my doubts about that show. If they were called out on it in 2011 curious that the show aired again.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

The show sells the sizzle, and not the steak. I am sure other things they have bought/sold are bogus, and that legitimate experts in specific fields laugh at them and their experts. It does make for entertaining theater. They give Flatsigned a run for the money.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm about to enter the attic storage space in an attempt to organize. It will be hot up there and I will no doubt become a sweaty mess. Why do I do this?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just in case some friend or family member drops by and decides to inspect your attic?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I'm about to enter the attic storage space in an attempt to organize. It will be hot up there and I will no doubt become a sweaty mess. Why do I do this?
    Just wear the minimum amount of clothing-then when done, post pics.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm leaning more toward "I'm crazy"... I doubt anyone would want to crawl up into my tiny attic. lol I keep telling myself I need to make room up there before I get pregnant, because I won't be climbing up there after that. Same deal with my question to myself, "Why should I paint my deck soon?"

Now that I've had some water and watched more sweat drip off of me, back to the attic.

My Mood
    Inspired

Jerome... oh, if you could see me right now. The pics would not be permitted in the melon thread, due to certain rules. lol

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We are willing to consider bending rules.

Spoiler:
    Ok, really we're not, but PMs are allowed.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I am a bit late to the party, but I really dig this bands cover of "Somebody that I Used To Know". All 5 members (Walk off the Earth) play one guitar at the same time. Pretty awesome.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Jerome... oh, if you could see me right now. The pics would not be permitted in the melon thread, due to certain rules. lol
    Visualizes...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty damn cool!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Inspired

Out of the attic and into the kitchen... my first attempt at braided spaghetti bread is in the oven.

The music video is AWESOME!! And the vacuum... lol

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

<<<I'm about to enter the attic storage space in an attempt to organize. It will be hot up there and I will no doubt become a sweaty mess. Why do I do this?>>>

<<<I doubt anyone would want to crawl up into my tiny attic.>>>

<<<Now that I've had some water and watched more sweat drip off of me, back to the attic.>>>

Filthy!

More please

My Mood
    Inspired

I'll post photos of the spaghetti bread in a bit... first aid comes first. I was a dumbass and touched the pan. Three fingers are now useless on my right hand.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oww! I hope it isn't bad.

If you rescue me

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If I had a dollar for every time I've done something like that while cooking...I have so many burns, it's not even funny. And some of them were quite nasty...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am the same. I can be quite clumsy. Luckily my work doesn't require me to use grills, fryers, or stoves anymore. Now I play with meat cleavers, knives, mallets, and saws.

At home I pretty much stay out of the kitchen.

I need a fuckin' desk job.

If you rescue me

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries...I'm in the same boat. I take classes where I use dangerous chemicals, brand new scalpel blades, live animal specimens....and I work with knifes, hot metal pans, and scalding liquids

My Mood
    Inspired

I am now in LOVE with Walk Off The Earth. Thanks! lol

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    No worries...I'm in the same boat. I take classes where I use dangerous chemicals, brand new scalpel blades, live animal specimens....and I work with knifes, hot metal pans, and scalding liquids

On my last two jobs I played with dangerous chemicals. What are you going to be when you grow up?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ideally, I'd be a veterinarian or a specialist in canine muscle physiology/therapy and rehabilitation. So I take a lot of science classes...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I love me some science.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 971 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 755 ... LastLast