Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 972 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 683 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 24288

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I'm going to the British Fantasy Convention in Brighton this weekend where the book is going to be launched, there will be a bunch of authors there to sign the book too
    I saw the book in my local Waterstones today, but they will not sell it until Thursday.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I'm going to the British Fantasy Convention in Brighton this weekend where the book is going to be launched, there will be a bunch of authors there to sign the book too
    I saw the book in my local Waterstones today, but they will not sell it until Thursday.
    Ok, the 'official' launch

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was "transformed" while at the Smithsonian:
    Dear Visitor, Congratulations! You have been transformed into a Homo neanderthalensis, one of the closest relatives of modern humans. Your picture is attached. As a Homo neanderthalensis, you live between 200,000 and 28,000 years ago in what is now Europe and Asia. You have a very big nose, which helps you survive in cold climates by warming and humidifying cold, dry air. You bury your dead, use simple symbols, and may even speak a language. Thanks for visiting the David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see any difference!

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol you know what they say about people with big noses ...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching the Rays v. Yankees game and it just struck me that I'm getting old! I'm tired as hell and I know tommorow will be rough because I didn't get my "beauty" sleep. Man I miss the day's I could stay out all night (drinking) run home, shower, and then go to work with no problems...

Edit: Rays win and Boston lost...Rays make the Playoffs!!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

After some light travelling (flying close to 10,000 km from Holland to South Africa, same distance back, plus roughly 5,500 km of truck driving in between) my girlfriend and I came back home earlier today. I will post some pics with comments after catching up and working through my Calvin's Corner backlog. We had an amazing time.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Good morning, collector people!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Michaël. Glad to see you make it okay.

And hi to you, too, Bethany!

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Heya RF, did you get a new haircut? It makes you look so much younger. Lookin' great!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back to U.S. soil, George! Sorry to hear about your kid's arm though.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome back, Michaël. Glad to see you make it okay.

And hi to you, too, Bethany!

John
    hi, John! I need to remember to make it a point to come in here and harass you guys.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

What is the best mylar book cover to use for long term protection but still with good view/display of the protected book? Thanks.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I use Gaylord Part # 3010......

http://www.gaylord.com/adblock.asp?a...talog=&target=

AKC

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there is a thread around here somewhere which talks extensivelly about this. Help anyone...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thank you AKC, the book cover links are very helpful!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    After some light travelling (flying close to 10,000 km from Holland to South Africa, same distance back, plus roughly 5,500 km of truck driving in between) my girlfriend and I came back home earlier today. I will post some pics with comments after catching up and working through my Calvin's Corner backlog. We had an amazing time.
    Welcome back Michael! Glad you guys are home safe and that it was amazing. Looking forward to pics and stories

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome home !!
    Looking forward to pictures & tales of adventure

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you had a safe and fun trip Michaël. Can't wait to see the photographs!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

This goes out to Tito Francona, formerly of the Boston Red Sox, and in memory of Clarence Clemons backing her up on the sax, with the rest of the E St. Band...

So many faces in and out of my life
    Some will last
    Some will just be now and then
    Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes
    I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again

Go Tampa! Beat everybody!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    This goes out to Tito Francona, formerly of the Boston Red Sox, and in memory of Clarence Clemons backing her up on the sax, with the rest of the E St. Band...

So many faces in and out of my life
    Some will last
    Some will just be now and then
    Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes
    I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again

Go Tampa! Beat everybody!
    Brilliant, just a brilliant move. Fire the only guy to win a world series in 86 years!!!

Just confirms my long held opinion that Red Sox fans are more comfortable with losing, pain and sorrow!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The odyssey continues.

Got a call Wednesday morning that the furnished townhome we were supposed to be moving into next weekend (for a few months while we keep househunting) now wouldn't be ready on time. So, having to start that search again with a deadline of October 8th which is when they throw us out base billeting. Wednesday afternoon I got the call that the company I've been working as a consultant for lost both of the contracts they'd bid on, so there went my full-time $80K job as a Senior Project Manager for the next 5 years. Later that evening as I packed my bag to fly down to Dallas on Thursday morning to pick up my wife's car, I absolutely couldn't find the paperwork I needed to pick it up. Went through every folder and suitcase, nuthin'. Came to the conclusion that I'd either shredded it by mistake in Germany or mailed it in one of the dozen big boxes I sent to a buddy of mine here who was holding them for me. I wasn't expecting the car until the end of October, so I thought I'd probably mailed thinking I'd pick them up well before I needed them ... and then forgot I'd done that and thought I had them with me. And the car arrived a month early.

Called up my buddy, borrowed another buddy's RAV4 (and he went along in his car as well to help out) and made the trip up to Monument at 9 PM to get all the boxes. Bullshitted for awhile (we haven't seen each other in years), then headed back to the hotel around 11 PM. At 11:30 PM, doing 55 mph in the middle lane of the busiest 3-lane (6 lanes altogether) in Colorado Springs, I hit a deer head on. Big huge doe, never saw it coming from the median left to right, just smashed right into it at full speed. Sent it flying back the way it came (killed it instantly) along with pieces of the RAV4 ... lots of pieces. The head of the deer was at hood level and just past the center of the truck, and it's ass was wrapped around the driver's side (lots of hair and shit all over the left front tire). The entire left quarter panel was destroyed (half of it went with the deer), everything below the headlight was just gone, the entire front fender, grill, lots of bits and pieces, where it all got pushed in it punctured the A/C condenser and possibly the radiator, and the wheel was knocked out of whack. Scared the snot out of me ... all I saw was a flash as the headlight reflected off the animal as I hit it then boom and a glimpse of the deer spinning back towards the median. I kept the truck under control, pulled over at a gas station, then flagged down a passing cop to get some assistance. I had my seat belt on and hadn't been drinking, so the cop was pretty sympathetic and helpful (and incredulous at the damage and where it had happened). In the end we decided we were lucky; my buddy was driving his car ahead of me, maybe 3 car lengths ... if the deer had ran across one second earlier he would have hit it and it likely would have gone right through his windshield.

Finally made it back to the hotel around 1 AM and started opening boxes ... and found the stupid car paperwork. By this time my wife has said, okay, really bad day, do not fly to Dallas in the morning, too much stress and bad luck. Since I'd bought the plane ticket just that afternoon (not knowing I didn't have the paperwork), I wasn't about to throw away $350, so I said no, I'm going anyway. Right after that I checked my fantasy baseball league and saw that I'd won the season for the first time in 11 years, so I took that as a good sign.

Made the flight to Dallas no problems (miraculously), and ditto for the 12 hour/700+ mile ride back. For anybody interested, except for the big cities (Dallas, Amarillo), Texas is a desolate wasteland from Dallas northwest to the border with no redeeming values that I could see, with just little dead towns and the occasional cow to break up the monotony. It was hours upon hours of absolutely nothing but parched earth from horizon to horizon (it was 102 degrees at one point), not even a radio station too listen to, no cell coverage, absolutely nothing; I just don't see why anyone would ever want to live there. Sorry all you Texans!

Spent the night at the halfway point in Amarillo (sorry I couldn't give you more notice Bob so we could have coordinated schedules!). Things finally started looking up after entering New Mexico, you could tell because they have trees. Drove through an extinct volcano field which was cool, I didn't know there was one of those in the states (google Capulin Volcano). After that it was smooth sailing back into the hills of Colorado ... before hitting the desolate flatlands of Colorado, where at least you've got the mountain ranges and buttes and mesas (what's the difference there?) and washes and wadis (what's the difference there?) to look at for the two hours before hitting Colorado Springs.

Made it back alive, no plane crashes, no car accidents, not so much as a black cat crossing my path. It was a nice change of pace. Tomorrow I start looking (again) for a place to live after next weekend and for a job.

I think from now on I think I just won't answer my phone on Wednesdays.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Glad you're back, lol

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Heck of a story!

I really wish we had a little more notice when you were coming through but, from reading your story, I see why we didn't. Maybe next time we can get together. Glad you finally made it safe and sound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 972 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 683 ... LastLast