Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 972 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 678 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 24290

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If a member doesn't want to use it, they don't have to.
    But use it how, exactly? Are we to discount or put very little credence to a post by someone with only one or two green bars? Are we to accept as unwavering truth a post by someone with four or more green bars? Exactly how am I to use these ratings when reading through a thread?
    I've been ignoring them. I don't know what they are, how they are generated, or what they signify.

John
    John wrote what I was going to.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    But use it how, exactly? Are we to discount or put very little credence to a post by someone with only one or two green bars? Are we to accept as unwavering truth a post by someone with four or more green bars? Exactly how am I to use these ratings when reading through a thread?
    I've been ignoring them. I don't know what they are, how they are generated, or what they signify.

John
    Boy, you guys are a tough crowd!!! LOL Its just an alternative way to say "Atta boy" if you feel the poster deserved it. Just another fun/quirky thing the DT.Org offers to members.

Would you prefer a , instead? LOL LOL Lighten up a bit, have fun with the forum once in awhile!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, you're a jewel in the rough!

(I know that from hovering over your green bars, of course.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The only green bars you hover over are:

Irish Theme Pubs!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

John
    Boy, you guys are a tough crowd!!! LOL Its just an alternative way to say "Atta boy" if you feel the poster deserved it. Just another fun/quirky thing the DT.Org offers to members.

Would you prefer a , instead? LOL LOL Lighten up a bit, have fun with the forum once in awhile!!! LOL

oh...that's easy for you to say.... you've been barred 4 times... and are a bar deity
    some of us are still merely humans with our measily one bar....

I have a case of green bar envy...

and yes... I would prefer a please. (Is that a middle finger I see?)

here Merl - they ain't green, but four more bars for you... bwah ha ha ha.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think that either would be OK with me since I have no way of knowing who made the comment. But it does bring another question to my mind. Do negative reputation comments carry the same weight as positive comments? They must since there is no way to declare whether the comment one is about to leave is positive or negative. So, if a certain member was a total jerk and people left him (or her) tons of negative comments then that member would achieve a large number of green bars over time and would appear to have a stellar reputation. Under the current system a comment is counted as a comment whether positive or negative. Have I got that part right?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think so, Bob. I guess no one moderates these reputation comments so even when the 'I approve' box is ticked you could still leave a negative comment (mere mortals like you and I don't get the 'I do not approve' option but the canvas for our comment does not discriminate between positive or negative comments).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I think so, Bob. I guess no one moderates these reputation comments so even when the 'I approve' box is ticked you could still leave a negative comment (mere mortals like you and I don't get the 'I do not approve' option but the canvas for our comment does not discriminate between positive or negative comments).
    OK. I'm beginning to understand. I have never left an anonymous comment so I didn't know that you must first click an "I approve" box. That way, even if you wish to leave a negative comment, you are warned ahead of time that the comment will only "help" the poster on whom you are commenting. Sort of like the eBay system where a seller can only leave a positive comment for a buyer (even if the buyer didn't pay, etc.)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Members can only leave an approval comment. The option for disapprove is disabled for members. A Staff member may leave a negative reputation to someone, however it is not anonymous. The Staff member must disclose their name in order to disapprove.
    The entire thing is voluntary and should not cause undue angst to members.
    On more than one occasion, I have left a negative comment to a member, and at one time we had a member with a single red bar as their reputation.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

But Bob's scenario can't be prevented - I could leave an 'approval comment' with a negative message (the text box is blank and I could type anything I wanted in there).

(not that I would and I'm not using this feature anyway but it's always fun to engage in a bit of pointless discussion)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    But Bob's scenario can't be prevented - I could leave an 'approval comment' with a negative message (the text box is blank and I could type anything I wanted in there).

(not that I would and I'm not using this feature anyway but it's always fun to engage in a bit of pointless discussion)
    Precisely. This subject has created quite a lot of fun. Let's debate more.
    Shall I add the option for members to leave a negative comment?
    What if I allow members to leave only negative comments? Go forth and debate.

Shall I add the option for members to leave a negative comment?
    What if I allow members to leave only negative comments? Go forth and debate.
    If I receive a negative comment that detracts from my overall number of coveted green bars then I would like a means by which I could protest the comment. I suggest you create a panel from the moderators of each section to address member concerns when, and if, they receive a negative comment. The panel could convene and decide if the comment was warranted or not. Their decision would be final.

One of my pet peeves is when someone replies to a post with a single emoticon and no text. This clutters the thread with extra posts that really do nothing to advance the discussion. If we could convince the posters of such nonsense to instead make a positive reputation comment and reduce the clutter then I could see this as a good thing.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my pet peeves is when someone replies to a post with a single emoticon and no text. This clutters the thread with extra posts that really do nothing to advance the discussion. If we could convince the posters of such nonsense to instead make a positive reputation comment and reduce the clutter then I could see this as a good thing.
    Good point.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suggest you create a panel from the moderators of each section to address member concerns when, and if, they receive a negative comment. The panel could convene and decide if the comment was warranted or not. Their decision would be final.
    We have such a tribunal. The meetings are held in secret in the Directors forum. All decisions are strictly confidential and are sealed for 50 years.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I disagree. I often respond with just a smilie because it conveys exactly what I am trying to say. Not every exchange has to be an exposition of thought and syntax.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Country
    Country Flag

We have such a tribunal. The meetings are held in secret in the Directors forum. All decisions are strictly confidential and are sealed for 50 years.
    That reminds me. Did you get that bulging brown envelope?

Good point.
    What the heck is that thing anyway?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point.

I believe that was the first "Fuck you, Merlin" emoticon!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point.

Damn Bob... I thought being from Texas you'd know that
    that quite obviously...is a...
    useless One-eyed-sqwuintin'-tongue waggin'-finger-shootin'-bouncy- thing-ama-jigger

now... what this is...

I don't really know... but it has cute swirly knockers that I like a lot....reminds me of a topless dancer I used to date.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Good point.

Damn Bob... I thought being from Texas you'd know that
    that quite obviously...is a...
    useless One-eyed-sqwuintin'-tongue waggin'-finger-shootin'-bouncy- thing-ama-jigger

now... what this is...

I don't really know... but it has cute swirly knockers that I like a lot....reminds me of a topless dancer I used to date.
    That one, Sir Boome, is a representation of someone after they have seen your avatar for the first time!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently re-reading "The Dead Zone" (2/3 through). Some of the stuff is "dated", but the story is extremely well written and tugs at the heart. Just a fabulous piece. Things change, but contemporaneously, "The Stand" is the center piece of the triptych with "The Dead Zone" and "The Shining" on each side.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't agree more on your comments about The Dead Zone. It was also one of the most touchy books I've ever read.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that The Dead Zone was one finely crafted novel IMHO!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading 'Mile 81' and I loved it! Very nice. Please don't come near any reviews before reading the story - the story is short and easily spoiled!

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, I am leaving for a 24-day vacation in Africa right after the weekend. I expect to find at least 2,000 new Prides & Joys, Random Comments, Collectible Classifieds, Intriguing Stephen King/Dark Tower Auctions, Collecting Questions et cetera in The Corner when I return home. Don't disappoint me!

Hutch, now's the chance to start your Collection Thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 972 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 678 ... LastLast