Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 972 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 675 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ben. We've been praying for him.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

School can be tough - it's where most of us developed into what we are today! For some it can be traumatic, a challenge, a nightmare, a great experience too! For Ben's son and John's Grandson I hope for the best for you abnds your lvoed ones - sending mucho mojo your way! It can't hurt!

Kids with special needs and developmental issues need extra support - from parents, teachers, peers, friends, community leaders, clergy, social workers, doctors, ... My daughter is a social worker placed in an elementery school and the stories she tells me are sometimes horiffic. Sometiems it's the family life - or lack of family life - sometimes it's chemical - or more appropriate a chemical imbalance that causes emotional disturbances and what not. In any case, the kids deserve a chance at normalcy - to just be one of the gang - teenagers learning all about life - to grow and contribute to their communities and society in general.

It's a shame some kids are thrown hardballs instead of softballs, and must work harder to be normal, to be individual but to fit in the puzzle somewhere. It's a shame some kids get the help needed while others slip through the cracks.

The kid with Downs, the schitzophrenic, the kid with Depression issues, the kid with learning disabilities, the overtly ADHD kid, the kid living in economic chaos, the kid that is hungry, the kid with physical disabilities, the obese kid, the kid with the eating disorder, the ostracized kid, the shy kid that just wants to fit in, the kid that is easly swayed by peer pressure, the kid that makes the wrong choices, the nerd - the list goes on and on and on - this kid - these kids - desserve the same chances, the same opportunities as the athlete, the scholar, the musically talented, the average kid.

As you can see this hits a hot button with me. I have been more than fortuante - my four kids have not had it hard. Part of it is how they were raised, the environment they have grown in ( I have been able to give them opportunities that my parents could not give me) - part I think is simply luck - the hardball has not been tossed in their faces - they were not dealt a crappy hand. part of it has been the people that have influenced them from teachers to coaches to other parents and friends. I am glad that they fit in - but more elated that they go out of their way to help others less fortunate and more needed whatever the case may be - from teaching to social work to putting charity high on their radar.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    It's a shame some kids are thrown hardballs instead of softballs
    Thanks for the post. The part of your post listed above hit me like a ton of bricks. This is what is so frustrating because as a parent of a disabled child I can see my son for who he really his. I'm able to take away that layer created by his disorder and see all the greatness that he is. It is so frustrating to see and know what he can achieve if he didn't have this obstacle. I want so badly for him to excel, learn, participate and make friends but unfortunately he just can't. As a parent not being able to "truly" provide for a child is probably one of the worst things I can think of. We give him a safe and loving environment at home but it just isn't enough.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My grandson has Asberger's Syndrome and AD/HD. He's medicated, but it doesn't work THAT well. He's a big kid (almost as tall as I am, and goes about 200 lbs.) but is one of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet. He's almost 15 now, but with little of the usual teenage bs. He's physically extremely awkward and his handwriting is about third grade. He's pretty intelligent, however, and absorbs information like a sponge. If they'd let him use a laptop in class for writing, he would do okay, but they said they can't yet allow that. He was very apprehensive about pys ed, and in a meeting before classes started, we were told he wouldn't have it this year. So what was he in his first day--pys ed! We've all got our fingers crossed.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    The kid with Downs, the schitzophrenic, the kid with Depression issues, the kid with learning disabilities, the overtly ADHD kid, the kid living in economic chaos, the kid that is hungry, the kid with physical disabilities, the obese kid, the kid with the eating disorder, the ostracized kid, the shy kid that just wants to fit in, the kid that is easly swayed by peer pressure, the kid that makes the wrong choices, the nerd - the list goes on and on and on - this kid - these kids - desserve the same chances, the same opportunities as the athlete, the scholar, the musically talented, the average kid.
    Typical. Everyone forgets about us school bullies!

J/K

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry, congrats on the progress! We all look forward to seeing an updated photo of the new slimmer you in the blond wig and tutu chomping a stogie.

George, good luck with the move and job search.

Best to John's grandson and Ben's son. Their roads may be uphill, so here's to hoping the wind will always be at their back.

Can someone over in Europe hold Mr. R.T. upside down and flush the toilet on his head? Thank you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

To all our members who are in the path of Hurricane Irene:

DUCK!!

Best of luck!

John

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    To all our members who are in the path of Hurricane Irene:

DUCK!!

Best of luck!

John
    And keep your books dry!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I wish we could get a good rain out of her here in TN.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I was wondering if anyone keeps all of their receipts for their book purchases? I have a spreadsheet with all of my purchases (price, date, etc.), but I also have a notebook with every receipt, in case I have to file for some sort of insurance due to damage. Does anyone else do this, or am I wasting my time with them?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep a spreadsheet, but I'm just not organized enough to keep the receipts. Even my spreadsheet has lots of holes.

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So I was wondering if anyone keeps all of their receipts for their book purchases? I have a spreadsheet with all of my purchases (price, date, etc.), but I also have a notebook with every receipt, in case I have to file for some sort of insurance due to damage. Does anyone else do this, or am I wasting my time with them?
    I keep a spreadsheet but also keep my receipts just in case.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I keep everything in a computer program (FileMaker Pro) and enter the data as soon as I get a new book. I don't keep receipts anymore. My insurance company doesn't require them. I back everything up twice when I make a new entry. I have nightmares about losing my computer data but at least it is safer (I think) on external hard drives.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Bob, I keep all my data including purchase amounts in a program (bookcollectorz.com) as well as a backup hard copy in two different locations.

I don't keep receipts because they are thermal paper and info won't stay on. I could scan them for storage but like Bob said, my insurance company doesn't require them.

Hope this helps

Mulleins

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I also use a collector's software (Booktome), and I export the database and back it up in two separate locations as well. I looked at the collectibles insurance policy I have and it also doesn't mention anything about needing receipts. I've also been a receipt saver, so it is a hard habit to break.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whenever I make a rare book purchase, I usually print out the listing, order confirmation, receipt, and sometimes e-mail communications and staple everything together for that individual book's "file". I've kind of gotten lazy about it, but that's what I usually do.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I started compiling a spreadsheet inventory of my books. I, too, worry about losing access to my hard drive so I e-mail myself (yahoo, gmail) with the attachment. Pretty easy to do and is a decent backup plan should something bad happen to my computer. And I can access my e-mail/spreadsheet almost anywhere, anytime.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a thread about this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-of-your-books

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Note the option to purchase the Signed Limited audio tape.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You could even have ordered the signed limited one!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You could even have ordered the signed limited one!

John
    That is the point of interest. FYI, I added the image to the Catalog entry for the S/L DTI tapes.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I keep track of what i get, but i do not keep track of prices. I know i should, but i already have too many stuff and.. oh well
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

This morning, while trying to ride out the hurricane that is pounding my area, I received an extremely juvenile and aggressive PM from a very new member here whining and calling me pathetic because I sold one of my items to someone else who made me a better offer. If this is the state of King collectors these days, I am glad that I am getting out of it.

You know who you are and you should honestly be ashamed of yourself.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

[finger on nose]not it.[/finger]

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a link to get MILE 81... it works, but i cannot get it (when i click on checkout, nothing happens)...

Funny thing : the subtotal :

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 972 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 675 ... LastLast