Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 972 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, teaching your daughter the fine art of truancy.

Seriously, that's sounds awesome David.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Well, my 8-year-old daughter took a mental health day today (skipped school) and her morning is devoted to me. We played some games inside, watched 2 Road Runner/Coyote cartoons (she's never seen Road Runner before), now a snack, then we're going ice skating and out for ice cream.

There are advantages to being newly unemployed. Priceless memories.

That's the best kind of day right there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my 8-year-old daughter took a mental health day today (skipped school) and her morning is devoted to me. We played some games inside, watched 2 Road Runner/Coyote cartoons (she's never seen Road Runner before), now a snack, then we're going ice skating and out for ice cream.

There are advantages to being newly unemployed. Priceless memories.
    Priceless....absolutely Priceless.

I did something similar a few years back. Anyone remember the Sid and Marty Krofft Saturday morning shows. Land of the Lost, Sigman and the Seamonster, H.R. Pufnstuf, etc.

I purchased the World of Sid and Marty Krofft dvd set along with all the sweet cereal you can think of, and we created our own Saturday morning (except it was a Friday). Cherished memories.

Mulleiins
    Cumberland VA

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Alisha - You're very welcome. And actually, that one you're holding up there... I'm pretty sure I'm out of those ones now, but you never know when something new might be in the works.

David - That sounds like the best morning ever.

Note about the bookmarks : I usually ninja them to folks who put their address in the Where In The Blue thread.. but if someone wants one, and doesn't feel comfortable posting in the thread - PM me your snail mail and I'll send one along... it won't be the one in Alisha's photo though, say sorry.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a fabu day today with my daughter. Kids are at a party tonight, so wifey and I get a date at the movies (going to see Slumdog Millionaire, finally).

Tomorrow night will be spent with Michael + Audrey, PhishBob, and George Beahm! Things are shaping up nicely. And yes, Karen and Sleepless, I have your items.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

David,

Have you met George before? I met him a few times - he actually introduced me to Charlie Fried!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a fabu day today with my daughter. Kids are at a party tonight, so wifey and I get a date at the movies (going to see Slumdog Millionaire, finally).

Tomorrow night will be spent with Michael + Audrey, PhishBob, and George Beahm! Things are shaping up nicely. And yes, Karen and Sleepless, I have your items.
    Please pass on my warmest regards David.

Sounds like you guys had a great day and I love Date Night.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    David,

Have you met George before? I met him a few times - he actually introduced me to Charlie Fried!

No never. E-mailed once, but not met.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

David,

You will like George. I suspect he is in the area to interview Michael Whelan for the upcoming SK Art Book. Jerad told me he was going to interview Bernie Wrightson and some of the others.

I met George at the BAG OF BONES signing at Betts in 1998. I sat with him at the dinner that Stu hosted and really enjoyed his company. We've stayed in touch off and on since then.

Please let us know how the evening went and what King related topics were discussed.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my big news... i'm finally going to get to take an actual vacation....my first in about 5 years! ( i was planning on taking one last year....but ended up buying a house and spending all my vacation moving instead).

anyway... i actually scheduled and already paid for two vacations.
    my girlfriend's b-day and my b-day are both in May, so we're going to go spend a week in cancun at Temptations. sun, booze, babes and nekid boobs... yeehaa.

then, during thanksgiving week, we're going to go to London for 2 days, and then on to Rome for a week. It'll be the first time either of us has gone overseas and i can't wait!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great, Terry! Enjoy!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice bookmarks, Alisha. I'm jealous.
    Good for you taking a day with your kid, David. I'm jealous.
    Ralph, I remember all those shows. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters was my favorite.
    David, have a wonderful evening. I'm jealous.
    Terry, good for you two getting out and seeing the world. I'm jealous.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A great day yesterday and looking forward to tonight!

Bob, yes he will be there to interview Michael. That's the plan anyway.

Ralph, yes, I remember those cartoons well. I think the creator was on acid sometimes.

Terry...good for you. both trips sound great and I am happy for you.

Patrick. Don't be jealous of my daughter day. DO IT for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    David,

You will like George. I suspect he is in the area to interview Michael Whelan for the upcoming SK Art Book. Jerad told me he was going to interview Bernie Wrightson and some of the others.

I met George at the BAG OF BONES signing at Betts in 1998. I sat with him at the dinner that Stu hosted and really enjoyed his company. We've stayed in touch off and on since then.

Please let us know how the evening went and what King related topics were discussed.
    another SK ART book? hmm interesting.. I know that you mentionned it once and that you cant give details... interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    then, during thanksgiving week, we're going to go to London for 2 days, and then on to Rome for a week. It'll be the first time either of us has gone overseas and i can't wait!
    where will you go in London? (being nosy)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he's referring to Centipede Press' upcoming art book, not another new one.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"for the upcomming"
    my mistake, i thought i've read "for another upcomming SK art"...

and my mind remembered when Bob mentionned that George asked him to look pix of Steve...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think he's referring to Centipede Press' upcoming art book, not another new one.

John
    Yes, that is the book I was referring to. George Beahm is writing the text and I think Frank Darabont is writing the introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I've got a new computer running Windows Vista (32 bit) and using IE7 as browser.

When I am finished looking at an eBay item and try to go back to the listings page, it takes me back to the TOP of the listing page rather than back to the area of the page I had been. This is annoying especially if the item I just viewed was near the bottom of the listing page and I have to scroll all the way down to get back to where I was.

My older computer (Windows XP and IE7) did not do that. Anyone else bothered by this? Anyone with a quick fix, like a setting I am missing?
    Bob,

I'm a Mozilla Firefox user. I don't have that issue with Vista.

Free browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ without the pesky Microsoft issues.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I took your advice and the problem disappeared with the Mozilla Firefox browser. It will take a little time for me to get comfortable with the new browser but I like what I see so far. Thanks!
    As a followup, I think I have found the problem. Today I developed the same issue with Firefox. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I got to browsing the eBay answer center and found a suggestion to delete cookies. I did so and the problem immediately cleared up on Firefox. I did the same to my IE browser and that also cleared up.

I guess it is inevitable I will acquire the offending cookie again at some point but at least I have a remedy that isn't too difficult.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a really good day yesterday.

I have previously discussed how I got squeezed twice on my pension from my former employer. First they closed down my original unit (the one with the pension), preventing me from reaching 20 years of service to draw a "full" pension. Then, because I remained with the parent company, I was still eligible to receive my much reduced pension at age 60 instead of 65, again if I reached 20 years of service. But I lost that when the parent shuttered my latest unit two months ago. So I lost big $$ in the first cut and lost 5 years in the second cut. After receiving my severance agreement, I appealed my case to a Managing Director HR person I had worked closely with in the past, stating that I created this last company, was CEO for 2 years and I had 18 years of loyal and dedicated service to the company. The company was under no obligation to give me anything more, and with the sharp cutbacks on people and expenses, I held only tiny hope that I would get anything. Still, I had nothing to lose by pushing the issue.

Well, yesterday they told me that they could not adjust my reduced pension amount (which I knew was set in stone), but they would offer me some compensation for gyping me out of age 60. So I was thrilled that I got any money at all. I am very proud of taking a stand and appealing to them to do the right thing for a long-term employee, and to my shock, they did!

Then, last night, I had a dinner in the City with the Financial head of a large corporation who was given my resume by my wife's oldest friend (since age 4). Well he and I hit it off like an old married couple and he said that he will contact the heads of two company units who could use a man of my talents and tell them that they should absolutely strongly consider me for any open positions in their units. Nothing may come of it if there are no open positions, but to be so strongly recommended by so senior a person in this organization was at the very least a boost to my self-esteem and morale.

So, all in all, I had a pretty fine day yesterday!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David! That is great news! I'm confident you will come out of all this smelling like roses, and it'll show what a positive attitude can do.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cort is on a distinguished road Cort's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,
    Hate to interrupt the thread so,

firstly, congratulations wizardsrainbow, it is always good to see things turn out well for the usualy screwed over worker. Alisha thats a cool fuckin' bookmark im jealous as hell, it beats the square of paper i use (although i need it for notes) and to add to the cherished memories bit, i have my 6 year old daughter tonight when i get to teach her some of the fine art of kung fu

Which brings me to my question, is there anywhere here to discuss martial arts?, i have looked but haven't had and luck yet.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A martial arts thread could be created in Blue Heaven or in The Courtyard.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David. I've had you in my prayers. Please let us know how things turn out.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cort is on a distinguished road Cort's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Randall Flagg, i 'preciate it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

GOOD LUCK, DAVID!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 972 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast