Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 971 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks great! Good luck!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mehh... this was stupid. I recently bookmarked an ARC of the Gauntlet HE IS LEGEND in my Watch List on eBay because I haven't read 'Throttle' yet and I wasn't planning on dishing out the cash for one of the limited editions. I just stumbled upon it and thought it would be a nice and relatively cheap way to read the story. Why oh why didn't I just do a bit of research, I could have bought the unsigned hardcover instead (which I assumed did not exist).

Idiot!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna show Charlie Sheen tonight how to really make people look like droopy eyed armless childeren with their partying (Drinking and chilling, he can keep the undisputed seven-gram rock banging title). Winning!
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Mehh... this was stupid. I recently bookmarked an ARC of the Gauntlet HE IS LEGEND in my Watch List on eBay because I haven't read 'Throttle' yet and I wasn't planning on dishing out the cash for one of the limited editions. I just stumbled upon it and thought it would be a nice and relatively cheap way to read the story. Why oh why didn't I just do a bit of research, I could have bought the unsigned hardcover instead (which I assumed did not exist).

Idiot!
    I know someone who might buy it after you read it

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hehe, that's good to hear Hannes! I felt really stupid, I assumed that the only versions of the book were signed/numbered and signed/lettered editions so I thought the ARC would be the next best thing. I'll send you a PM after I get it!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Idiot!
    I've lost track of the number of times I've bought something, gotten excited, waited for delivery, received it, anxiously unwrapped it, examined it with pride and then gone to the proper place to shelve it only to realize "Shit, I've already got one of these!"

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll bet that doesn't happen to anyone else Bob.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

ok, time for a story kids, gather round and set a spell:

I know not many of you know that I have been having problems with my daughter (just turned 12 in April) but they have been happening for a long time.

She has been having violent temper tantrums and I have had to bring her to the ER and have had the police come to my house and all sorts of stuff. Well this year she brought something new with it in the form of not wanting to go to school.
    I put a CHINS (child in need of services) petition on her through the court and we have had therapists in and a probation officer and threats to remove her from my house if her behavior continues.
    Well, the behavior continued and a week ago Wednesday she was removed from my house and placed into a group home an hour away from me. She had a neuro-psyche evaluation done the day before we went to court but I won't have those results for a month!! The Dr even said that it will not be an easy diagnosis but is thinking she might be bi-polar.
    While this was a very difficult thing to do, we needed to do it for her safety and the safety of all peoples in our house.
    I am having a hard time dealing with this situation as I love her very much and feel like I failed her somehow that I couldn't help her while she was here.
    We go see her twice a week and talk to her on the phone every night. We will start family counseling next week and hopefully they will be able to help us get to the bottom of the tantrums so she can come home.
    We go back to court in June so they can get a progress report of how she's doing.
    I had my first meeting with her therapist there yesterday and she said that the shortest time that anyone has ever been in there is four months! I don't know if I can live without her for four months.
    Her probation officer sets the limits of her visits and such so since she's only been there for a week and a half we can only see her on campus. It sucks!
    so, if I am not here all that often, I am trying to give the boys extra attention and find time to get to see my daughter.

I will update when I do come on as to her progress and my sanity level. And will try to keep you all informed about WTTK!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, both you and her are in my prayers. I know what you're going through (my son, who's 43 now, had much the same problems.) He's okay now, but we literally went through hell back then. There IS light at the end of the tunnel.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Karen, I am hoping and praying that all works out for the best for you and your family. Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I was wondering.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen,
    My heart goes out to you & your family,
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but my daughter went through the very same thing at that age.. trust me, It gets better.
    She's now a wonderful wife & mother with 2 children of her own.
    She councils where she can & has taken in troubled teens many times, she truly has a heart of gold.
    if you would like or need any help, she's more than willing to help in any way.
    Sometimes even a friendly voice on the phone can make all the difference in the world

Best wishes
    -Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen: ...just wishing the best for your family.

I probably won't be around much for a while. Yesterday my comp essentially suicided.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen

My wife and I will keep the family in our prayers.

Hang in there, you are an awesome mommy and doing what's right for the family.

Much love sent your way

Ralph and Karen Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karen~
    Don't worry in the least about keeping us abreast of WTTK - I'm certain that we can get along. You have much more important matters to attend! Keep your chin up & if you need a place to vent, remember that we're always here.

Best Wishes.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karen~
    Don't worry in the least about keeping us abreast of WTTK - I'm certain that we can get along. You have much more important matters to attend! Keep your chin up & if you need a place to vent, remember that we're always here.

Best Wishes.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen,

This is tough love - sometimes needed, but oh so hard to work on. I am sure you have done all you can and that you will continue to do what is best for Kyra and everybody else in the family. Years from now you are going to look back on this and it will be but a distant memory - all will work out in the end. Hang in there and feel free to lean on on when needed. We can all listen, sympathise, help out, give suggestions. etc.

We are there fpor you.

Bob
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope everything works out Karen!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope everything starts to go your way soon.

Cook; is that Reese Witherspoon as your avatar?
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear about that, hon. Hope things turn out well soon!

A big hug from Buenos Aires and be strong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Road Virus,
    Sorry no.. Rita Hayworth, from the movie Gilda.
    Gilda is a required movie watch before reading Stephen King's Different Seasons.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh don't apologize, I just thought it looked like her (and thank you for answering the next question about what movie before it was even posed hah) and wanted to commend you on your taste of scenery.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Miss Karen,

Your family will be in our Prayers.
    And yes, this too will pass.
    Hang in there.

Karl & Cheryl

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Karen, I work in the mental health field and at a bookstore. Please trust the system. They are going to do as much as they possibly can to make her better, get her on the right medication, get her the right therapy and to get her home.

My heart is with you, and if you have any questions on how things should be going in the system, please contact me. I am here for you. And what I don't know, I will find out!

I will tell you that my jobs are one of the most rewarding but challenging parts of my life. I find such a reward from helping those people of all ages (especially the children) that I get to help!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also from the Netherlands: thinking of you, wishing you much strength and love.

Siep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 971 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 ... LastLast