+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 971 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

my new sig text is also my stream of consciousness.

I should really get a graphics sig though
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This may not be the best place for this, but I'll explain my reasoning shortly. I will be going on a road trip very soon, and for a few reasons, it's quickly becoming my tdtdotcom/SK road trip. I have made a couple of book deals with some members here, and I would love to meet any and all SK collectors, so I am now going a bit out of my way to meet several people from this site during my Road Trip. In most cases, it will just be a quick lunch/dinner Bulls**t session. Below is a pic of my suggested route, so if I'm traveling even remotely close to anyone else that would be interested in meeting another DT junkie and having some lunch or something, please don't hesitate to pm me. This will be my 4th (and probably last) cross-country trip, so I'm just out to have fun. Btw, I put this post here, b/c it gets so much traffic, and it will be my pride and joy to meet as many of you as possible.

A little info about me. I'm a 31yo DT junkie, a former Navy Rescue Swimmer turned disabled vet, who currently has some free time and a love for travel. (Does this sound like a personals ad, or is it just me?) Just for the hell of it, I will be donating $.01 for every mile I drive on this trip(~8800) to the fundraiser along with the 10% from my book sales.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit man, that sounds like a great trip. I wish you could swing a little closer to Colorado.

I really appreciate that last bit, very generous of you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, that looks like an AWESOME trip ! And man, that's not across country - thats AROUND country! I'm a roadtrip junkie, so that looks like a heaven sent trip to me.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This reminds me of a site I stumbled upon once where a guy drove through all 48 states on a motorcycle. He had pics and everything. It was amazing, especially since he did it in record time. I don't recall how fast exactly, but something like two weeks.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've got a new computer running Windows Vista (32 bit) and using IE7 as browser.

When I am finished looking at an eBay item and try to go back to the listings page, it takes me back to the TOP of the listing page rather than back to the area of the page I had been. This is annoying especially if the item I just viewed was near the bottom of the listing page and I have to scroll all the way down to get back to where I was.

My older computer (Windows XP and IE7) did not do that. Anyone else bothered by this? Anyone with a quick fix, like a setting I am missing?
    Bob,

I'm a Mozilla Firefox user. I don't have that issue with Vista.

Free browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ without the pesky Microsoft issues.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I took your advice and the problem disappeared with the Mozilla Firefox browser. It will take a little time for me to get comfortable with the new browser but I like what I see so far. Thanks!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I took your advice and the problem disappeared with the Mozilla Firefox browser. It will take a little time for me to get comfortable with the new browser but I like what I see so far. Thanks!
    Bob, I used IE for 15+ years. I tried Opera, Mozilla and and now using Safari.
    BTW, you can have/use more than one on your computer.
    I love Mozilla, and am now becoming quite enamored with Safari.
    Give it a try.
    Safari

Looks like this:

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been meaning to try the new Safari, but I'm terminally lazy.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    This may not be the best place for this, but I'll explain my reasoning shortly. I will be going on a road trip very soon, and for a few reasons, it's quickly becoming my tdtdotcom/SK road trip. I have made a couple of book deals with some members here, and I would love to meet any and all SK collectors, so I am now going a bit out of my way to meet several people from this site during my Road Trip. In most cases, it will just be a quick lunch/dinner Bulls**t session. Below is a pic of my suggested route, so if I'm traveling even remotely close to anyone else that would be interested in meeting another DT junkie and having some lunch or something, please don't hesitate to pm me. This will be my 4th (and probably last) cross-country trip, so I'm just out to have fun. Btw, I put this post here, b/c it gets so much traffic, and it will be my pride and joy to meet as many of you as possible.

A little info about me. I'm a 31yo DT junkie, a former Navy Rescue Swimmer turned disabled vet, who currently has some free time and a love for travel. (Does this sound like a personals ad, or is it just me?) Just for the hell of it, I will be donating $.01 for every mile I drive on this trip(~8800) to the fundraiser along with the 10% from my book sales.
    Steve -

You should get something (not sure what exactly, but something) and get every TDT.com member you meet along the way to sign it (not that anyone wants our signatures ). That'd make a very cool keepsake!

Here's hoping our paths cross on your way to Toronto!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I've got a new computer running Windows Vista (32 bit) and using IE7 as browser.

When I am finished looking at an eBay item and try to go back to the listings page, it takes me back to the TOP of the listing page rather than back to the area of the page I had been. This is annoying especially if the item I just viewed was near the bottom of the listing page and I have to scroll all the way down to get back to where I was.

My older computer (Windows XP and IE7) did not do that. Anyone else bothered by this? Anyone with a quick fix, like a setting I am missing?
    Bob,

I'm a Mozilla Firefox user. I don't have that issue with Vista.

Free browser http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ without the pesky Microsoft issues.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Interesting. I seem to be getting different versions of eBay on the two different browsers. Mozilla calls up the version I am familiar with. IE7 calls up an eBay with a completely different layout to the individual listings. It is this version that gives me problems. It's like I am getting a beta version of Ebay with IE7 but I don't see any way to switch.

I think for a while I'll use Mozilla as my eBay browser and IE7 for everything else. IE7 seems a little faster overall.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think for a while I'll use Mozilla as my eBay browser and IE7 for everything else. IE7 seems a little faster overall.
    Interesting. I found Mozilla to be substantially quicker here at tdt.com than IE7.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Steve-

Great trip. Looking forward to hooking up with you in Connecticut!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great trip! Don't want to visit Argentina as well?

Mozilla is THE BEST!! Please check out for all the add-ons, some are really neat and useful!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

how about liverpool?
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaRiley View Post
    how about liverpool?
    I'll come visit ya Alisha!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Feel free, my friend!!

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

how about liverpool?
    I was actually there a year and a half ago. Summer of '07 I spent 7 weeks in Europe. The first week we spent between London, Liverpool and Edinburgh. Too bad I didn't know you then. Maybe next time around.

Also, just for a clarification of my timeline. I am beginning my roadtrip later this week, and should be done by the end of April. I am really getting excited to meet all of you along the way who've responded. Eric gave me a really good idea, too. I'm going to pick a book (likely DT, surely SK) and have everyone I meet along the way sign it. I think the end result will really be something special. I will post updates along the way.

-Steve
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    how about liverpool?

Not if I get there first Bob!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    how about liverpool?

Get in line.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

You should all come. That'd be a fucking party to remember.
    Steve, how did you like my neck of the woods, man? (Not too much, I assume. It sure isn't anything to write home about...)
    And it's an wesome idea you have there, but what about us poor Brits, eh? You should sent it around, so everyone can get involved.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    how about liverpool?

Get in line.
    Now now guys no need to fight, there must be a fair way to decide......

How about who ever is closest get's to go first? Since I'm in Turkey and all of you are across the pond I guess that whould be me!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

You're very welcom to, squire.
    On your marks...get set...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look at us silly boys fighting over a beautiful woman...disgraceful.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote a ridiculous amount of essay this week, and just finished another ten minutes ago. Only one more to go, then I get a week off, then I'm into exams.

To treat myself I'm going to read "Disposal" a recent novella by Jeff Strand tonight and tomorrow morning. I've never read anything by him, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy this one, if for no other reason than it being the only non-academic thing I've read in the last month!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric, your workload must fucking suck, man.
    I hope you get through your exams in one piece, chum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 971 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast