Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 972 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Am update on my status....

Well, I think my saving grace at work is that the other Supervisory Analyst resigned effective this Friday. That effectively left me (still a 2-month-old newbie at the firm) as the ONLY person who knows how to process the reports and upload them to various platforms. My firm hired last Friday a replacement SA. She started yesterday. I am again commuting from CT to NYC this week and next to train her on the systems and teach her the procedures to take the reports from inception to final production. So my hours are screwed up again...leaving home at 11:30 pm and getting back home at 1pm the next day. I've had 5 hours of sleep combined the last two days but I still have a job! I am getting some new study materials from my company and will try to enroll in a 2-day crash course before mid-January when I am able to sit again for this exam. In the meantime, I'm still employed and despite the long hours I have sent over a dozen Betts orders out Saturday and Monday. So, thank you all for your support and good wishes. I'm not out of the woods yet, but feel like I got a repreive with the other guy here at work resigning.

That said...I've asked this other SA here what they did when one wanted to take vacation and he said the other person just has to suck up the workload and work a double-shift 2am -4pm (with no additional compensation) while the other person is away. Oh joy when that happens.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Well, I think my saving grace at work is that the other Supervisory Analyst resigned effective this Friday. That effectively left me (still a 2-month-old newbie at the firm) as the ONLY person who knows how to process the reports and upload them to various platforms. My firm hired last Friday a replacement SA. She started yesterday. I am again commuting from CT to NYC this week and next to train her on the systems and teach her the procedures to take the reports from inception to final production. So my hours are screwed up again...leaving home at 11:30 pm and getting back home at 1pm the next day. I've had 5 hours of sleep combined the last two days but I still have a job! I am getting some new study materials from my company and will try to enroll in a 2-day crash course before mid-January when I am able to sit again for this exam. In the meantime, I'm still employed and despite the long hours I have sent over a dozen Betts orders out Saturday and Monday. So, thank you all for your support and good wishes. I'm not out of the woods yet, but feel like I got a repreive with the other guy here at work resigning.

That said...I've asked this other SA here what they did when one wanted to take vacation and he said the other person just has to suck up the workload and work a double-shift 2am -4pm (with no additional compensation) while the other person is away. Oh joy when that happens.
    It is so good to hear that things are working out. I hope they continue to get better! And I hope you are able to make arrangements to get more sleep. Stay well. I will continue to keep you and your family in mind with good thoughts for you all.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Good for you Wiz, I hope things work out for the best, and good luck on retaking that test. When I worked at the bank I had to take one of the insurance tests 3 times to pass, i kept missing it by 3 questions. So don't worry about it too much, it's not unusual to take several tries, I've been told.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

David, you are still in my prayers and thoughts. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE BETTS STUFF!! Anyone who knows you knows what's happening. Get some sleep!

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry, you really go all-out! A wonderful display! I wish we could see a video.

John

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    I'm sure people do it about mine as well, but shit ENOUGH already. I have a friend that every 9 out of 10 status messages are about her kids, or something they said or did. WHO FUCKING CARES
    When I go online I try to talk about grown up things because my real life revolves around my kid. The friend's I have that post about their kids all the time are generally the type that stay at home, take their kids to a million extra curricular activities, have the big mini van... at least from what I've seen. Some people are just really into being a mommy.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow at 4PM local time my girlfriend will publicly defend her PhD thesis. Exciting times!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Must everyone defend their thesis?

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Tomorrow at 4PM local time my girlfriend will publicly defend her PhD thesis. Exciting times!
    WOW!! What an incredible accomplishment in having done a PhD thesis. I hope everything goes perfectly!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I don't know about all countries but here in The Netherlands getting a PhD requires four years of doing research, writing (and publishing) a number of research papers, bundling these into a thesis, and a public defense of the thesis in which a panel of four opponents has 45 minutes to 'interrogate' you and discuss your findings. The thesis and defense are then graded (average/good/very good/cum laude) by the opponents and your committee of advisors, after which you are awarded the degree.

(I went through the same thing myself and although you already know you're going to get the PhD because the thesis has to be approved before the defense is allowed to take place it can still be quite nervewrecking, because the opponents will go for the proverbial kill )

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

SoC:
    It's 12:31
    Do you know where your children are?
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful Christmas displays, Jerome and Terry! We don't do so much outside but spend a lot of time decorating the inside of our house. I'll try to take some pictures of some Dept. 56 North Pole Village scenes I have set up throughout the house. We have a lot of fun decorating for Christmas.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just made a message to my daughter from santa. It's really very cool. It's in the form of a video from this website my friend gave me. It's personalized to my daughter, but you can view it if you'd like and see if it would be good for anyone you know. It was free and instantaneous.

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/watc...J42c_iHAoCn5RA

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the last math class I will ever have to take! Plus I totally nailed the final! It's a good day

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, very exciting !!
    Wish her best of luck from us ... I'll be sending tons of :goodmind: her way !
    I'm sure she'll do wonderfully !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Pam! She will do alright, I'm sure, but we're both nervous!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

All will work pout for the best, my friend.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Just finished the last math class I will ever have to take! Plus I totally nailed the final! It's a good day
    Lucky.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Xmas displays... and so far that looks good for you David. Keep it that way and i am sure it will be fine

Good luck Biomeg for your gf :-)
    Whats the subject ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    I'm sure people do it about mine as well, but shit ENOUGH already. I have a friend that every 9 out of 10 status messages are about her kids, or something they said or did. WHO FUCKING CARES
    When I go online I try to talk about grown up things because my real life revolves around my kid. The friend's I have that post about their kids all the time are generally the type that stay at home, take their kids to a million extra curricular activities, have the big mini van... at least from what I've seen. Some people are just really into being a mommy.
    I'm really the asshole because if it irritates me so much why dont I just delete her or remove her from my feed? I'm all for being into being a parent, but I dont need to tell everyone every single thing they've done and said. Honestly nobody really cares

I think thats pretty much the way to get your PhD
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Congratulations!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Whats the subject ?
    She developed a photobioreactor (a system in which to grow microalgae with light as the energy source). These algae are unicellular plant-like organisms that produce compunds that are interesting for the pharmaceutical and food industry and possibly for the production of bio-fuels. With the reactor she could do experiments to investigate how algal cultures grow under different circumstances. These results could then be used as input for a mathematical model describing algal metabolism (she also developed this model). With the model, she could calculate which metabolic reactions occur under different circumstances and how much of the product of interest is formed

(yeah, you asked for it!)

*edit*

This is her with the photobioreactor:

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Whats the subject ?
    She developed a photobioreactor (a system in which to grow microalgae with light as the energy source). These algae are unicellular plant-like organisms that produce compunds that are interesting for the pharmaceutical and food industry and possibly for the production of bio-fuels. With the reactor she could do experiments to investigate how algal cultures grow under different circumstances. These results could then be used as input for a mathematical model describing algal metabolism (she also developed this model). With the model, she could calculate which metabolic reactions occur under different circumstances and how much of the product of interest is formed

(yeah, you asked for it!)

*edit*

This is her with the photobioreactor:

Wow something that could help the world, good job! She's a Julius fan as well, tell me no more I like her!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So how much does a photobioreactor cost?

BTW: She's pretty.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Tens of thousands (I don't know the exact amount, it needed to be developed from scratch). And thanks, I agree, she is pretty!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Make sure you let us know how the defense went. She sounds very intelligent (and pretty too!--a GREAT combination).

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 972 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast