Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 972 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 24296

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have two postmen here (one for letters, one for packages), but i never see them. I guess that it's easier in the countryside... but thanks for the advice.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    On three of the skins (Vbulletin default, Take Five 4.0.8, and Take Five Alpha ) the banner is designed to fit the screen of the viewer, the wider your screen, (higher your resolution), the more of the scenery you see left and right.
    The other 5 skins have a non-fluid image placed in the upper left. One of the skins-Folio Green, has an entirely different image.
    Ah, that makes sense (as I have a tiny monitor on my tablet)! Thanks for the information.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My postman does my headin!

He lives notes when he shouldnt (he doesnt always ring the bell... so when my girlfriend is at home, the evening we see that there is a paper saying that we have to go to the post office the day after, from 5pm to collect it...) AND he doesnt leave a not when he should. Sometimes live items on top of the mailbox, in the hall where anybody could pick it up... or like last thursday, he leave the package to strangers.
    I have a note to collect it from the post office, with a number on the back. I called the number a few times, the mobile is always off. I do not know who it is, but i think that it's the company on the ground floor. But still : he SHOULDNT DO THAT.

He gives it to stranger, but then, he doesnt want to give it to my girlfriend if her name is not on the package too. Same : the post office doesnt want to give it to her if her name is not on it, or if i didnt sign to allow her to collect it (with my ID).

Well, it's a pain.

Oh , and i am sure that the package whose note have a number is the french proof that i cant wait to recieve. (111€). I should have recieved long ago, but there was a bank holiday on a thursday (so friday off), bla bla bla....
    Thats bullshit

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My mailman will most times leave a notice saying 'no answer'. I'm home, you jerk, I have a buzzer and I'll be down in 19 seconds.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    and I'll be down in 19 seconds.
    You have too many stairs

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Who saw the Simpsons last night?

Montgomery Burns had an idea he got from a Stephen King novel. To cover Springfield with a dome. Brilliant.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meta-Simpsons is Meta

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Who saw the Simpsons last night?

Montgomery Burns had an idea he got from a Stephen King novel. To cover Springfield with a dome. Brilliant.

Was this before or after Springfield was actually covered with a dome?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Was this before or after Springfield was actually covered with a dome?
    After

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, does anyone know any threads with suggestions on how to take decent photographs of your books? I want to start a collection thread, but all my photos are either flashed out by the Brodart on the dustjacket or too dark and grainy when I turn off the flash. I tried a couple of searches but did not see anything relevant. I'm working with a relatively cheap Cannon PowerShot SD790.

Thanks in advance.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Place the book on a neutral background and make sure that 1) the book doesn't fill the whole field-of-view of your camera when you take a pic and 2) the flash glare ends up somewhere around the book and not on the book itself (this probably sounds awkward but you can guess what I mean, I think - English is not my first language and I don't know how to explain it any better ). The point is that the flash will still generate enough ambient light to get a sharp picture of the book even though you don't focus directly on the book.

Upload the picture to your computer and crop it to get rid of the part of the pic that contains the glare. That's it! I do this with all my pics and they look like this:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I started a How To: Photograph your books thread in the Collecting Tutorials thread. Feel free to post tips there. Thanks.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With direct flash from a point and shoot, you always run the risk of having a flash dot on the picture. Biomieg makes a good point of stepping out a little bit to get that flash dot to be outside the books, then you can zoom and crop on your PC to get rid of it. For me, I bounce my flash to the right so I don't get the flash glare. Then I zoom and crop.

Country
    Country Flag

Bio & Eric: Thanks so much for the tips! I appreciate them. I'll have to go experiment soon.
    Flagg: Cool! Even better yet! I like it. Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Light Box photo (no flash):

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone that has a Blu-Ray player tell me how it truly differs from DVD in terms of quality?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

2 Million pixels Vs. 307,000. Standard DVD is 640 pixels x 480 Pixels. A High definition broadcast -and High def DVD is 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels. There are other factors like 1080P (all 1080 lines refreshed 30 times per second vs. 1080I -every other line refreshed 60 times per second).

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice - you need to clear out some of your private messages!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky Blu-Ray is sooooo much better, i was very skeptical untill i first saw HD!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Can anyone that has a Blu-Ray player tell me how it truly differs from DVD in terms of quality?
    Blu-Ray is better quality, but for most movies it isn't worth it so I still buy regular. Take for example a movie we all know, The Shawshank Redemption. I'm sure they offer a Blu-Ray version, but I would settle for my DVD version because it's significantly cheaper and it could improve the quality to the point where you can actually notice imperfections. Many movies out there don't have the effects or the type of shooting needed for it to be Blu-Ray.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Thanksgiving, U.S. collectors!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beer and turkey-perfect combination.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Thanksgiving!! Very nice holiday that I wish we had.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice day yesterday. As we are a vegetarian household, we had two pans of stuffed shells, "greek" potatoes, home-made applesauce, green beans, carrots with pecans, wine, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and ice cream. Then we all exploded.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 972 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast