Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 971 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that news, Ari. I'm pulling for you to find something even better.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Something MUCH better will come along now. Great jobs are just a phone call away.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

sorry to hear that ari,best of luck in the new job hunt.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari,

As resourceful as you have shownyourself to be I am sure that you will bounce back with an even better job!

Best of luck my friend!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of the job loss, Ari. I have faith that you will find something again soon!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That sucks, Ari. Hope you find something soon!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/univ...ls/#more-79953

So, quite a wait for the TDT movie...May, 2013...but a firm date means casting news, etc.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I don't see that date being correct?

Did you see the comment.."Ron Howard directing the Dark Tower, it already sucks"

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    OK everyone. I need some Holiday gift ideas for my wife. We've been married for 14 years, and I think I've pretty much bought her everything. I've gotten her clothes, jewelry, spa packages, even a signed Whelan print. She is probably the least materialistic person I know. She doesn't collect anything, and she hardly buys anything for herself. She loves to read, but doesn't want a Kindle. She has an art background, but she has a ton of art supplies already that she doesn't use. Usually, I can come up with something, but I'm stumped this year. She likes baking, so I was thinking some kitchen appliance or something, but that just doesn't feel like a Christmas gift. I'm open to everyone's random thoughts. And no, she does not want a S/L of The Stand :-)
    I was together with my wife for 15 years and I totally understand the frustration. That's 14 Christmases that I bought gifts for her on top of the birthdays and just because gifts. I always tried to make each Christmas special, and here are a few of the items I got her over the years:

King Arthur related items (she loved King Arthur and things in that motif) such as books (those were very tough since she hadmost of the published material or had at least read it), small pewter statues, a necklace of the sword in the stone, Barbie dolls done up like Arthur and Guinevere, a book of Arthur paper dolls, and a letter opener (that one didn't go as well as I had hoped)

China dishes to replace a set that was stolen from her apartment

Silverware (she LOVED china and silverware)

A Barbie doll of Legolas from LotR (she drooled over Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp)

Books

Signed books

Faberge ear rings

A silver necklace

And finally, what I believe to be her favorite things, handwritten poetry and love letters. She loved these so very much, and I know that because she kept them in a safe place that she could easily get to and had every one I ever gave her. I think those Christmas letters meant more to her than anything I ever gave her, and she did ask for one more than once. If there was anything I could suggest it would be that. Write your wife a love letter and tell her all the reasons you love her and just how much.

Let he know that she is the light in your life and the sparkle in your eye.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Thanks for that post, Sam. I'm sure it touches all of us, each in their own way. Beautiful.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    OK everyone. I need some Holiday gift ideas for my wife. We've been married for 14 years, and I think I've pretty much bought her everything. I've gotten her clothes, jewelry, spa packages, even a signed Whelan print. She is probably the least materialistic person I know. She doesn't collect anything, and she hardly buys anything for herself. She loves to read, but doesn't want a Kindle. She has an art background, but she has a ton of art supplies already that she doesn't use. Usually, I can come up with something, but I'm stumped this year. She likes baking, so I was thinking some kitchen appliance or something, but that just doesn't feel like a Christmas gift. I'm open to everyone's random thoughts. And no, she does not want a S/L of The Stand :-)
    I was together with my wife for 15 years and I totally understand the frustration. That's 14 Christmases that I bought gifts for her on top of the birthdays and just because gifts. I always tried to make each Christmas special, and here are a few of the items I got her over the years:

King Arthur related items (she loved King Arthur and things in that motif) such as books (those were very tough since she hadmost of the published material or had at least read it), small pewter statues, a necklace of the sword in the stone, Barbie dolls done up like Arthur and Guinevere, a book of Arthur paper dolls, and a letter opener (that one didn't go as well as I had hoped)

China dishes to replace a set that was stolen from her apartment

Silverware (she LOVED china and silverware)

A Barbie doll of Legolas from LotR (she drooled over Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp)

Books

Signed books

Faberge ear rings

A silver necklace

And finally, what I believe to be her favorite things, handwritten poetry and love letters. She loved these so very much, and I know that because she kept them in a safe place that she could easily get to and had every one I ever gave her. I think those Christmas letters meant more to her than anything I ever gave her, and she did ask for one more than once. If there was anything I could suggest it would be that. Write your wife a love letter and tell her all the reasons you love her and just how much.

Let he know that she is the light in your life and the sparkle in your eye.
    Sam,

Thank you for your post. It is making me rethink this holiday season. Rather than go for the "goods", I may try to give her something much more personal instead. My mind is already churning...

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

My husband never knows what to get me and I get to buy my own gifts. A romantic he aint

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey $s can be very romantic if there's enough of them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I know he's incapable so waiting for something that will never happen is stupid. We can just have sex and not fight about what he didnt get me for whatever reason

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was visiting abebooks and they were down for maintenance.

CCTWD is the coupon code they offered up for the inconvenience (for when they are back up and running). Its good until 11:59 PM on November 2nd. 10% off up to $15.... better than nothing!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info........

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two inches of snow this morning.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

70 degrees of sunshine today.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    79 degrees here.
    Ready for cooler weather.
    Wanna swap?

Karl

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    Lucky.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure anyone has mentioned it, and maybe there is a better thread for this, but for anyone who cares: That flimsy glossy insert (USA Weekend) in yesterday's Sunday newspaper had a short interview with Stephen King.

EDIT:

Here is a link to the interview online.

What's On Stephen King's Dark Side?

Does anyone collect the original printed copies of this "small" stuff?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congratulations San Francisco Giants !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I live 20 minutes from SF and there were fireworks going off all night

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey, my theory is thus : if it isn't the Red Sox, it just can't be the Yankees!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 971 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast