Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 668 of 971 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 666 667 668 669 670 678 718 768 ... LastLast
Results 16,676 to 16,700 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I always question people who disparage a book or movie, while boycotting it. That isn't the way to formulate an educated opinion.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great shots, Kris!

Haven't seen the movie yet either but I'll agree (from the previews) that it did have that superhero/villain vibe. I'm sure I'll catch it at some point. By no means a priority though.

And Morgan Freeman can pretty much act the phonebook
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Hi guys, about a year ago I posted my first random comment post where expressed my strong disagreement that Idres Elba, a Black actor was chosen to play Roland. I made an excellent argument that the movie would fail because a Black actor was chosen. I think that we can all agree that the movie was a non-event. I didn’t watch it myself, I boycotted. It seems the movie had other problems. One being that the man in Black is all of a sudden a main character and from the preview it seems like they were fighting each other like in a super hero movie in the MCU. The best way to make a King movie is to be faithful to the source material. King says this himself in the bonus material to the Stand By Me Blu ray. I experience great schadenfreude upon reading that Elba will not make future Dark Tower films and that if the TV gets made it will be a “reimagining”. My response, of course, is that it should not have been reimagined so much that Elba was chosen in the first place. It should not be reimagined at all. The best King movies are those that are true to the source material. I hope that this hurts Elba’s career for having the audacity to accept the role. He is obviously not a Dark Tower fan.
    You lost me at "I made an excellent argument". Too full of yourself IMO.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m planning a family skiing trip to Denver this spring. Even though we will. E a couple hours from Estes Park, I’m still planning on going to the Overlook Hotel. I’ll definitely get a tour of the hotel, but should we stay overnight? For those who have stayed there, is it worth it
    Yeah, definitely worth it. And Jerome is right about his room, absolutely worth it! Give a shout if you decide to come down the highway a bit and hit Colorado Springs.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to be in Pittsburgh for work from this Sunday afternoon through Thursday, returning Friday. If anybody's in the area and would like to grab dinner or something, give a shout.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have been away from TDT so much the past year because of work, I feel like a newbie. Haven't bought a new King book in many moons, haven't seen either of the movies, none of the TV series, still haven't read the Bill Hodges trilogy or Gwendy's or Sleeping Beauties. Hell, I may have to turn in my Constant Reader card.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Have been away from TDT so much the past year because of work, I feel like a newbie. Haven't bought a new King book in many moons, haven't seen either of the movies, none of the TV series, still haven't read the Bill Hodges trilogy or Gwendy's or Sleeping Beauties. Hell, I may have to turn in my Constant Reader card.
    Don't bother reading Gwendy's, you're better off
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

REQUEST FOR A FRIEND OF MINE WHO'S CURRENTLY TRAVELLING IN THE USA

Hello all - a young friend of mine who's currently travelling in the USA as part of his quest to 'travel around the world in 80 followers' is looking for a couch to sleep on in San Francisco for his last few days in the States. He's vlogging about his adventures (see example below). If you have or know a place to stay, please send me a PM. Thank you!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I live 40 miles east of San Francisco in the suburbs, so that probably wouldn't work.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I'm not sure whether he wants to stay in San Francisco per se, or just in the area. I'll ask him.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Blücher

Put.....the candle......Back!
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Blücher

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Blücher

hahahaha...Bill got it.

I know most of you are thinking....what??? has Ralph lost his mind?

Last night a group of us got together and created an outdoor theater, big screen, audio system, bon fire, etc. and watched Young Frankenstein. It was a like having a drive in theater in my backyard.

What a classic movie.

OK, I have coffee in me this morning and I'm back to my normal quiet self on the boards now.

Sorry if I scarred everyone.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Blücher

hahahaha...Bill got it.

I know most of you are thinking....what??? has Ralph lost his mind?

Last night a group of us got together and created an outdoor theater, big screen, audio system, bon fire, etc. and watched Young Frankenstein. It was a like having a drive in theater in my backyard.

What a classic movie.

OK, I have coffee in me this morning and I'm back to my normal quiet self on the boards now.

Sorry if I scarred everyone.

Mulleins
    I recognized Frau Blücher! Neighhh.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ classic!!!!

Ralph. that sounds like an awesome time for all!!! Certainly put this hospital bed in a great mood!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Saturday was the Gremlin's first car show... and even though the interior is totally gutted (it just went to the interior shop tonight) it still earned some bling...

and it did some advertising to the local folk... Payless Auto dis-repair is located only 2 blocks from where this car show/festival took place, and several thousand potential local customers have now been informed where NOT to go.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Terry!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where I can purchase back issues of NYTimes?

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Does anyone know where I can purchase back issues of NYTimes?

Thanks!

https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/backcopies.html
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sort of out of left field, but is anyone familiar with the Elton John song "Levon"? The lyrics kinda drive me nuts trying to figure out what he's singing about or the deeper meaning. Especially the line "And the New York Times says God, is dead". For the life of me I'd swear that was an actual cover line from the mag, but I have yet to find a reference on the internet.

Anyway, just a random inquiry. Explanations, theories or qualified guess' welcome.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Time magazine posed the question on a cover from 1966.
    http://time.com/isgoddead/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ I knew I recalled it!!! So it was "Time" and not the newspaper. Cool, thank you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bruce Willis and assistant go as The Grady Twins for Halloween....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's about the most frightening thing I've ever seen.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hello Jerome...come and play with us. Come play with us Jerome. Forever and ever and EVER!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 668 of 971 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 666 667 668 669 670 678 718 768 ... LastLast