Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 971 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to reading Sleeping Beauties. Very excited.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Too late for a Shining spoof - Kubrick beat them to it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dutch parallel parking skills (alongside one of the canals in Delft, where I live). This is the only possible way to park in most of the city centre.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dutch parallel parking skills (alongside one of the canals in Delft, where I live). This is the only possible way to park in most of the city centre. You can't really see it but the blue car has about 30 centimeters margin to the left and about the same (or less) in the front and back. No idea how he got it in there so straight.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The missing hubcap might provide a hint...

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Went by for progress pics on the 970 gremlin... it's almost ready to go to the reupholster shop to get the interior done. Just have the tailight to put in (after getting some detail paint highlights) add on the back side lights and the antenna.

The flat black stripes are perfect for this color... and that shelby 'stang hoodscoop gives it a mean look.

custom touch to the glove box (though it's a crappy photo of it)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

just happen to be watching Joe Hill's Horns for the first time tonight...
    yeah baby! two of my favorite things together!

The main star of the show is the Gremlin!!!!

Trailer:
    https://youtu.be/98hTPftXo6M

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where are you having it done? Looking at getting me another VW soon and will need a paint shop

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Where are you having it done? Looking at getting me another VW soon and will need a paint shop
    Classic Car Painting...

http://classiccarpaintingtx.com/about/

Note, They aren't cheap... though they'll work as best as they can with your budget, as long as your budget is reasonable. None of the restore shops do cheapo work though - thy only do extremely top quality... and most have a waiting list of a year or more. This shop can get you in a lot faster. They actually took in a 1972 VW bus yesterday, saw it when I stopped by.

The body/ paint job I got was priced at $10,500.00 - though I traded my 1991 Harley to the owner for a good part of that. For that price they took everything down to the metal, inside and out. repaired all the damage caused by Payless Automotive, took out every single pin dent, cut out all the rust spots and replaced the metal, put on the mustang scoop (cutout the hood, and welded in place), shaved all the seams. Body fill was used only to make the surface perfectly smooth - they block sanded it at least 4-5 times.
    100% paint inside and out including all door jams, interior metal, bumpers, moldings (where requested). They even did custom highlights on the tail lights themselves. Job included the supplies and paints, which was over $1200.00 a gallon. Lots and lots and lots of pearl and metal flake in it... you can't see it in the garage, but when it's in the sun, it really sparkles, and the paint color shifts along the lines due to all the pearl in it.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The only way to eat pancakes is with peanut butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone collect Dan Brown? I know a S/L of Origin was announced months ago. I figured it'd be released around publication day (this week), but I still haven't seen anything in the way of a release day/price/publisher announcement. Kind of weird. Anyone know anything?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Dan Brown's new book being released today?
    I havent heard about it AT ALL since a few months ago
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think tomorrow.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Classic Car Painting...

http://classiccarpaintingtx.com/about/

Note, They aren't cheap... though they'll work as best as they can with your budget, as long as your budget is reasonable. None of the restore shops do cheapo work though - thy only do extremely top quality... and most have a waiting list of a year or more. This shop can get you in a lot faster. They actually took in a 1972 VW bus yesterday, saw it when I stopped by.

The body/ paint job I got was priced at $10,500.00 - though I traded my 1991 Harley to the owner for a good part of that. For that price they took everything down to the metal, inside and out. repaired all the damage caused by Payless Automotive, took out every single pin dent, cut out all the rust spots and replaced the metal, put on the mustang scoop (cutout the hood, and welded in place), shaved all the seams. Body fill was used only to make the surface perfectly smooth - they block sanded it at least 4-5 times.
    100% paint inside and out including all door jams, interior metal, bumpers, moldings (where requested). They even did custom highlights on the tail lights themselves. Job included the supplies and paints, which was over $1200.00 a gallon. Lots and lots and lots of pearl and metal flake in it... you can't see it in the garage, but when it's in the sun, it really sparkles, and the paint color shifts along the lines due to all the pearl in it.
    Thanks for the info. I like to do mechanical and most the body work myself. Just have no idea how to even attempt paint so always looking for a good shop for that.
    Kinda bummed I was supposed to go pick up a 67 beetle this weekend but a buyer showed up on Friday and bought it out from under me. You win some you lose some...

Country
    Country Flag

Are our Las Vegas-based members and their families/friends unharmed?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And why not:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/04/mob-of-...t-burger-king/

(not that I agree with the sentiment, but one has to appreciate the effort and hilarity.)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, well, well,

This is pretty long and if you don't want to read it skip to the pic at the end. Then you still might want to go back and read it anyways!

I have been mostly absent from this board since the May timeframe with a few sporadic comments. A couple members here do know more of the story though private messaging but I thought it now time to tell part of this story and how it has affected me.

Last May I lost my job for a second time. No big deal I was ready to roll with the punches and get back at it. Then on May 24th I suffered a TIA, commonly known as a Mini-Stroke. I was having a routine test at a local hospital trying to determine the cause of my Hypoxia (low oxygen percentage in the blood) when that test caused an air embolism to pass through my heart and to my brain. There was no permanent damage but that triggered the Drs. to search more vigorously for the cause which by then they assumed was some sort of hole in my heart. A heart MRI did not show any hole, so I was sent to a Pediatric Cardiologist of all things. This guy was great. He performed a Trans Cranial Doppler - think of it as an ultrasound of the veins in my brain. His result was that there appeared to be a significantly large PFO and that he could fix it. A PFO is the hole in your heart in the wall that separates the left and right chambers. Everyone has this hole at birth but it is supposed to close up while you are still an infant.

Anyways this Dr. was set to perform this state of the art procedure. He is the only Dr. in the US that has done this, They usually insert a catheter in your femoral artery near the groin and work it up to the heart and through the hole. Then they blow up a sort of umbrella and pull it back. then they place a similar one on the other side of the hole and pull them together to close the hole. Under this new procedure he was actually going to pull the hole closed and stitch it shut. This is a new technique perfected by European doctors. In fact the first time he did this new procedure was the day before my scheduled procedure. He did six of them with European Drs. present. These six went perfectly. Well on my day (9/13/17) it didn't go so well. I had a twilight anesthetic so that I was fully awake and aware but feeling no pain or discomfort. I watched the monitor and could see the catheter probe inside my heart. BUT there was no PFO Hole. Dr. was perplexed so he placed a call to have an MRI expert reviewer take a second look at that MRI that did not show the hole. Well this guy found a congenital defect instead. My Dr. then used the catheter to probe and investigate and he confirmed the defect but could not fix it - he told me it would take Open Heart Surgery.

So everything necessary was set in motion to meet a surgeon, complete lots of pre-op stuff to include a second heart cath to make sure I also did not need by pass surgery. Surgeon said if I needed by pass he would do both at one time - so as to open the chest only once. Fortunately I did not need by pass surgery.

On 9/27/17 I had my open heart surgery I was scared to death of never waking up but kept that to myself as I knew that if My Wife knew I was like this she was going to have a hard time keeping it together. Well I had an Anomalous Pulmonary Defect corrected as well as an Anomalous Venous Return corrected. What these two congenital defects caused was to force much of my blue blood (blood needing to be re-oxygenated in the lungs) back through the body circulation path doing me no good and thus causing the low oxygen content in my blood stream. It is all fixed now and my oxygen level is up where it belongs. My low content has been my norm my whole life (including 13 years in the Marine Corps) and was told with it back to the real norm of 97+% I should probably start to really feel a lot better, and have more energy than I ever have had. This is exciting.

I have a new lease on life, I was given a new lease on life. The defects I have had unknown since birth, could have (and eventually would have) caused a major heart attack or stroke at any moment with no advanced warning. Surgeon said that my survival chances would have been slim. I also have a new perspective on life. The lost job no longer matters; I will never go back to that high stress IT Project Manager position again. I don't need it any more. I am 64 years old and will retire and focus on family. I have 4 grand children who I adore to the ends of the earth and hopefully there will be more. I need to be around to see them grow up. My 31 year old daughter saw me cry like a baby - none of my children have ever seen me cry as it's just the way I am. She was visiting me in the hospital when her husband text messaged me a video of my 2yr and 1yr old grandbabies both saying "hi BaBob, get better we love you" and I just lost it. Everything in my life came crashing down and I was uncontrollable. All I could think of was what If I never got to see them again!

I figure I can also put a big dent in my reading pile of books and maybe I can get back to writing. I have loads of new material now from this experience and in the open heart surgery details.. Things like the heart lung machine, the breathing tube (horror), the wires extruding out of my abdomen and attached to a pacemaker (they are gone now), the drainage tubes (gross as all hell when they pulled them out, a heart lying listless and at 34 degrees while people I barely know made life lengthening changes to it.

I am on the recovery and they tell me I am doing very well. I am home and taking care of almost all of my needs. My wife is trying to baby me too much and I have to humor her. I am up and walking; I am back to about 5,000 steps a day and that ain't bad! I am actually quite amazed that 9 days ago I lie on an operating table only alive by this heart lung machine and then there was this woman, a physicians assistant who got up on a stool as she was short and bent over and reaching into my chest cavity and wiring me shut tight as a drum so that my sternum has the chance to grow back together. She told me all of this and of a sternum very thick and hard to saw in half! She loves her job! I was set up for Home Health Care but that has already been canceled after one visit. They say I don't need them I am recovering so well.

So here I am feeling pretty dam good and glad to be alive!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you are doing so much better!! Scary stuff for sure.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back! Glad that you are better and that things will get better everyday!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear you are doing better. My dad had a triple bypass and valve replacement several years ago. Like you, he didn’t have a heart attack, but was very close to one, so was able to heal very quickly.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Bob! What a ride... I am glad to see you are doing better. Take care!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am happy to hear you are on the road to recovery and were able to take some positive things away from the experience. I wish you all the best, Bob.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Bob. Thanks for sharing your story and glad you're okay. As terrible as it must've been to go through, I'm glad you seemed to take some positivity from it to improve your well-being.

P.S. If you do get back to writing and want to exchange, let me know!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on coming through and recovering so well!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 666 of 971 FirstFirst ... 166 566 616 656 664 665 666 667 668 676 716 766 ... LastLast