Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 971 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 ... LastLast
Results 17,526 to 17,550 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    How does the the human brain ignore the second "the"?
    That’s pretty neat what you did there. It worked, too.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anyway, I contacted them for the third time regarding this new "skin" rollout that occurred in my area (AZ) approx. 10 days ago with no warning or notice of any kind. My issues have ranged from the "Guide" info being out of sync with the actual programming, to not being able to access my "Playlist". Of course, the poor bastard that I got on the phone apologized profusely and told me that they are rolling it back to the previous skin by 5/31 and to be patient with them during the process!!! lol I asked her to inquire with her superiors would they be patient with me if I decided to withhold partial payment until they worked things out on their end? Of course, now way. I then petitioned for credits which are "being taken under consideration" and they will get back to me!!lol

Mine updated this morning, and it doesn't seem to be a big deal. In fact, there are a feature or two that are better.
    I find it hard to believe they are rolling it out now, only to roll it back in 2 weeks.

As with many things that are new, people freak out.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I hear yanny.
    I've seen Steve & Bev's tweets, but what does that relate to?
    I hear Yanni, too:

Didn’t follow this too much but just read up on it. Have you seen this player that lets you adjust the speed (or something about the audio file) so you van hear both? On the far right end I hear “Gary” as if spoken by a toddler.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-debate.html
    You can hear both of you focus on the bass of the voice for “laurel” and the chipmunk-sound of the voice for “yanni.” Interesting but what difference will it make in my life? Nothing probably.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

People always seem so surprised to discover that someone who makes art which appeals to them might differ from them in a substantive way.

"What? How can someone who writes such good music not eat cheeseburgers?"
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I agree but not eating cheeseburgers is a far cry from antisemitism, racism, pedophila, violence and all around jerkiness.

I love the work these writer's produced but that doesn't mean I must love the person themselves, does it?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I agree but not eating cheeseburgers is a far cry from antisemitism, racism, pedophila, violence and all around jerkiness.
    It sure is; I was taking a short-cut in making my point. However, "different" is the first step to "terrible" (I'm sure that, if I watched that video, I'd have seen some things termed "terrible" that I'd find merely different and not terrible, and no doubt there are some who would call me terrible because I do eat cheeseburgers).

I'm quite happy not knowing anything about my art heroes' personal thoughts any more than I have to.

I love the work these writer's produced but that doesn't mean I must love the person themselves, does it?
    Of course not; I think it means we should recognize the "love" as kind of a "wow, you're cool" type of thing, but not a "I will follow you into the fire" kind of thing. For example, I know it's wrong, but I believe I would run into a live volcano if Kevin Garnett told me to. I just have to recognize that I don't actually know him as a person; I just know him as an inspiring Boston Celtic.

Same with King and all the other artists I like, living and dead.

But I do think, as I said, people always seem so surprised, when they really shouldn't.

Maybe we sense a kind of insight in these people (particularly writers) and assume they "get it" (which loosely translates to "agrees with me") with regard to other issues, when they don't. It may feel surprising, but it shouldn't actually be surprising.

I didn't know much about Dahl and Orwell so those two really did surprise me. I mean of all people, you'd think Orwell would have recognized the hypocrisy of his actions.

My Mood
    Chatty

I could never get past what Michael Jackson did. I know a lot of people still think there’s nothing wrong with listening to his music despite the fact that he was a monster, but I always thought of it as a means of supporting his sickness, and contributing to the destruction of some kid’s life. Now that he’s dead, I guess I don’t think of it that way anymore, but I still change the station if his music is playing.

MJ did not make this list....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a tricky subject. Years ago, Ruggero Deodato visited a local convention and even when a part of me wanted to meet him, the other part prevailed. He killed animals during the filming of Cannibal Holocaust and for me that's a limit. I also stopped listening to a local band after a tragedy years ago (they oversold the place and it got on fire, killing a lot of people)...and at the same time, I still watch movies by Woody Allen and Roman Polansky...and my all time favorite actor is Kevin Spacey.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's a tricky subject. Years ago, Ruggero Deodato visited a local convention and even when a part of me wanted to meet him, the other part prevailed. He killed animals during the filming of Cannibal Holocaust and for me that's a limit. I also stopped listening to a local band after a tragedy years ago (they oversold the place and it got on fire, killing a lot of people)...and at the same time, I still watch movies by Woody Allen and Roman Polansky...and my all time favorite actor is Kevin Spacey.
    It is a tricky subject because we all have our lines. I am much like you in that there are some artists I've learned things about that prevent me from enjoying their work and some other artists I've learned horrible things about but I can still enjoy their work. I feel like a hypocrite myself sometimes because of that.

My Mood
    Chatty

MJ did not make this list....

Wow. Maybe because they were only allegations I guess. I can’t remember if he was ever convicted of anything.

My Mood
    Chatty

Dude when I found out those animals were real I got sick to my stomach. That turtle scene haunts me sometimes. And now that I’m thinking about it, I’m wondering if that guy actually ate the muskrat’s intestines. And now I’m wondering if that was real cocaine they gave him. He seemed too authentic to be an actor.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what (if anything) will happen to Jared Leto's status as a teenage heartthrob now that it's finally coming out he fucks underage girls. I posted about that years ago on here and there was a general lack of replies. My concert promoter bud told me Leto demands only underage girls be sent to his dressing room.

Dude when I found out those animals were real I got sick to my stomach. That turtle scene haunts me sometimes. And now that I’m thinking about it, I’m wondering if that guy actually ate the muskrat’s intestines. And now I’m wondering if that was real cocaine they gave him. He seemed too authentic to be an actor.
    I can't really complain about animals being butchered on screen when I eat meat myself. Apocalypse Now has a butchered cow scene and part of me thinks that it's OK in the name of art. But then I get mad about big game/trophy hunters. I'm all over the place on that one.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

I can't really complain about animals being butchered on screen when I eat meat myself. Apocalypse Now has a butchered cow scene and part of me thinks that it's OK in the name of art. But then I get mad about big game/trophy hunters. I'm all over the place on that one.
    Oh I’m a complete hypocrite in that regard. Rarely go a day without eating meat. Still, seeing the butchering disturbs me. Funny that I enjoy reading horror books and watching horror movies but can’t stomach violence when it’s real.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been able to separate my enjoyment of an artist and their works, whether a musician, actor or author, from their personalities, politics or behavior.. I've been that way for as long as I can remember. If that seems hypocritical, so be it.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've been able to separate my enjoyment of an artist and their works, whether a musician, actor or author, from their personalities, politics or behavior.. I've been that way for as long as I can remember. If that seems hypocritical, so be it.

John
    I don’t see how that would make you a hypocrite. At least from my perspective it doesn’t. The only way I’d not be able to separate the two is if I’d indirectly be supporting something like pedophelia or things along those lines.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I grew up in a household that when Hanoi Jane pulled her treason my parents would have freaked if I ever went to any of her movies. To this day I still can't bring myself to watch anything she's in.
    And I have never watched anything from the child rapist Polanski. If their sins rise to that level - I don't need them. I didn't even know who Leto was til Dallas Buyers Club. But, for instance, I still read Dan Simmons in spite of his really right wing viewpoints.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Random observation. Funny how folks will trend on about anything. Just was noticing that everyone and their mothers' seems to now be posting "Non-King" collections threads. Hell, I always put just about everything save the kitchen sink in my (now) mundane "collection thread". lol However, now it appears "cool to have two seperate threads, a King items & a non=king items thread. lol so, will "Proof", "ARC", foreign & domestic threads soon follow? lol

It's cool BTW by me and as long as folks are enjoying themselves, more power to them. I just find it a bit humorous in my own twisted sense of humor. lol Let's have "Detective story", Sci-Fi, biography and maybe drama story threads as well!!! lol lol J/K I LOVE people!!!!

BTW, anyone got a "Wardrobe thread"? LOL LOL I connect things strangely in my thoughts. When I saw these this popped into my mind for some reason..........................

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I’m really good at separating the work from the person. I’ll raise a toast when Jane Fonda drops dead, but she’s a good actress and I’ll watch her movies.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also collect thread; cotton, polyester, silk, wool, metallic, etc.
    But I thought a thread about thread might be a bit on the thin thide, I mean, the thin side, you know.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I also collect thread; cotton, polyester, silk, wool, metallic, etc.
    But I thought a thread about thread might be a bit on the thin thide, I mean, the thin side, you know.

You guys fucking crack me up!!! That's why I love coming here!!! LOL

On second thought, a trend like this could get worrisome on a site chock full of obsessive, compulsive and anal retentive "Collectors"!!!! LOL LOL LOL In a weeks time we could all be categorizing the crap out things on this site!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's because it's been recommended to keep the King collecting threads mainly King related. I've always put everything in mine though. It's especially hard trying to keep them up to date when all the free hosting sites go belly-up or decide to ransom photos.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 971 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 ... LastLast