Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 784 of 971 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast
Results 19,576 to 19,600 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    What has happened to this site? I had 100's of unread messages and only about 5% were about Stephen King or the Dark Tower.
    I don't think I've read more than a handful of posts about the Dark Tower (except maybe the movie) in years. The last book related to the series came out what... 7 years ago? There's only so much you can really discuss.

There never really has been a lot of discussion about SK himself unless a new book comes out. Even then it's only a couple of threads at most. That's just how a lot of message boards are.

I'm on a baseball message board for a specific team, but it says right in the title, "a place where we discuss mostly other things."
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ever wonder about first edition print runs and the actual number dwindling down over the years due to books thrown away, damaged, burned, etc.

Let's take for example Doubleday First Edition The Shining:

Known First Edition print run- 25,000

Well, now it's 24,999

Ouch!

It makes me wonder how few are truly left and have been absorbed into collections.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ouch is right!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Ever wonder about first edition print runs and the actual number dwindling down over the years due to books thrown away, damaged, burned, etc.

Well, now it's 24,999

Ouch!

It makes me wonder how few are truly left and have been absorbed into collections.

Mulleins

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post

Well, now it's 24,999

Ouch!

Mulleins
    +1. And I thought mine was bad because it has some white fading on the top of the DJ. That is just a shame.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know where to post this so : check out this graphic novel adaptation of "The Raft" that almost got published by Marvel with the "Creepshow 2" movie !

I'll give you the link on my french website, because I am not sure that the artist would want his facebook profile to be share all over the place
    > https://club-stephenking.fr/creepshow2-bd

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New killer avatar
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brodart is doing a 25% off sale for those that need to stock up.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Ive never bought directly from Brodart before; which ones do you typically get to cover a regular HC jacket?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, now it's 24,999

Ouch!

Mulleins
    Hi Ralph,

So sorry to see that. If its any consolation, the USPS treats your outgoing mail much better. Just got your package today. Just a small dent on one of the sides, but you had several inches of padding on that side.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, now it's 24,999

Ouch!

Mulleins
    It is so hard to look at that. I really appreciate those who pack books (and other fragile items) that can withstand the perils of shipping around the world!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Ive never bought directly from Brodart before; which ones do you typically get to cover a regular HC jacket?
    This is what I use. You can choose the size you need. I do the individual sheets. Some here use the rolls.

http://www.shopbrodart.com/Library-S...Jacket-Covers/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what I use. You can choose the size you need. I do the individual sheets. Some here use the rolls.

Ok, several years ago I took my entire collection to a book shop where I had them all covered. (I think she only charged me $0.25 or $0.50 per book!) I have been a little nervous to do it myself, as I am not handy, and am always nervous that when I fold it, I will end up folding the DJ too. Is that a likely problem, or am I just being paranoid? Would the "Brodart Just-A-Fold III Archival Book Jacket Cover Sheets" be a good choice for a nervous first timer?

What do you do for the shorter books? (like the Dark Man?)

What about books without DJs. Does anyone put Broadart on those?

What about large S/L's?

Feel free to move this to the collecting tutorial thread if necessary.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Ok, several years ago I took my entire collection to a book shop where I had them all covered. (I think she only charged me $0.25 or $0.50 per book!) I have been a little nervous to do it myself, as I am not handy, and am always nervous that when I fold it, I will end up folding the DJ too. Is that a likely problem, or am I just being paranoid? Would the "Brodart Just-A-Fold III Archival Book Jacket Cover Sheets" be a good choice for a nervous first timer?

What about large S/L's?

25% is a pretty good discount. If you don't need them now, I'd advise you to wait for Black Friday. They will likely do a 40% discount. I tend to stock up every year on Black Friday.

It isn't too hard to do. You need a bone folder or equivalent. (A fingernail will work.) There is a learning curve on getting it just right. Once you get the feel of it you will be good to go.

It's unlikely you will fold the dustjacket. The plastic folds easily over the edge of the paper. In fact, I pull up (bow) the dustjacket a little when putting on the cover. I then work the bone folder from the center to each edge.

I keep threatening to make a video of the procedure.

You can order various sizes of covers. I order a smaller size for my John Updike books. I order the 10" for King books. (There is one that is 9.5 inches tall. That is exactly the size of most King books. There are a few more books by other authors that are 10", and so I order those since I'm folding them anyway.) You can also buy the covers in rolls and cut them to length yourself with a paper cutter. The taller books can be covered by a taller cover. 11" will cover most larger S/L.

There is another type of cover for paperback or dust-jacketless books. It doesn't have the wings of a dustjacket Brodart. It's usually a little thicker gauge plastic too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For some reason it just hit me: I freakin' love Jeff Goldblum.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    For some reason it just hit me: I freakin' love Jeff Goldblum.
    I have loved him for many a year now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

What about large S/L's?

If I can do it, anyone can. There is a bit of a learning curve like Br!an said, but you'll get the hang of it in no time. Practice on reading copies until you're comfortable.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didnt really know in what thread share this, so.... here : Stephen and Tabitha King’s iconic Bangor home could house his archive and a writers’ retreat
    > https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...iters-retreat/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Didnt really know in what thread share this, so.... here : Stephen and Tabitha King’s iconic Bangor home could house his archive and a writers’ retreat
    > https://bangordailynews.com/2019/09/...iters-retreat/
    Pretty cool and smart move by Mr. King. Can't see this not happening as it seems like a win/win according to the article.

Way to go, Kings'!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Received a really great news yesterday: Warner Bros invited me to the Red Carpet in Hollywood and the avant premiere of Doctor Sleep, all paid!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Received a really great news yesterday: Warner Bros invited me to the Red Carpet in Hollywood and the avant premiere of Doctor Sleep, all paid!
    WOW!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done, lucky man... so jealous.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's impressive.
    Congratulations.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, very very cool !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 784 of 971 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast