Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 694 of 971 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's one fine jacket you're rockin', Bill.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats, Ari! That's really exciting.

HBJ

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random small article I came across earlier : "EATING OUT With Stephen King; Writer Eats Steak Before It Eats Him"
    https://www.nytimes.com/1988/10/26/g...-eats-him.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Congratulations Ari!
    I hope that it sells well, because it's not the most appreciated book..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congrats, Ari! That's really exciting.

HBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Ari!

Nice bling, Terry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Congrats to Ari, and I love the special touches Terry has added to his rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That's awesome. Good to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Nice! Good luck to you!

I might need a copy of this. It can go next to my copy of Todo Sobre Stephen King.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Ari, or should I say fellow publisher.. I wish you all the best with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wow!! You must be pumped! I own that original Whelan too on the cover so that’s super cool too!!! Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much, guys! Let's see where this road takes me
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT article!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Rest in peace Verne Troyer (mini-me)...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wondering if Facebook is all that important for King collectors when you regularly check the threads here related to collecting.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've never used Facebook for anything remotely related to King collecting (and I quit FB altogether a while ago anyway... I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Wondering if Facebook is all that important for King collectors when you regularly check the threads here related to collecting.
    It is for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I never use Facebook for anything. I detest the whole concept of it, but that's just me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I mainly use Facebook to keep in contact with Gerald Winters.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only on FB for the page I manage. Other than that I do very little over there. I am trying to get away from that page so I can dump FB all together.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

It is for me.
    I agree with Kris. There was a time when I avoided FB completely. In fact I still do when it comes to my personal profile. I rarely if ever post, but I have had to embrace it because of the SE press, and I will say that it matters. Why it does is because there is most certainly a “community” over there. There are fans and there are discussions and like it or not, it cannot be ignored from a business standpoint. As for collectors and fans, it can matter too. There is more that goes on there than I ever realized.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is for me.
    I agree with Kris. There was a time when I avoided FB completely. In fact I still do when it comes to my personal profile. I rarely if ever post, but I have had to embrace it because of the SE press, and I will say that it matters. Why it does is because there is most certainly a “community” over there. There are fans and there are discussions and like it or not, it cannot be ignored from a business standpoint. As for collectors and fans, it can matter too. There is more that goes on there than I ever realized.
    How are you dealing with the FB antics of throttling posts? I've seen a lot of controversy from small businesses and authors that started out on FB when they would share 100% of the things posted with the users who subscribed to them. Then over time, FB throttles down the shared to <20% and the business has to pay FB to get the shares now that they are addicted to the views and such. Are you running into any of that or are you looking at other platforms for sharing your information?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    It is for me.
    How are you dealing with the FB antics of throttling posts? I've seen a lot of controversy from small businesses and authors that started out on FB when they would share 100% of the things posted with the users who subscribed to them. Then over time, FB throttles down the shared to <20% and the business has to pay FB to get the shares now that they are addicted to the views and such. Are you running into any of that or are you looking at other platforms for sharing your information?
    I had a short chat with my social media guy, because this isn't a question I can answer... here's what I gleaned from the discussion. We do not believe this is the case with Facebook, especially when you grow your following organically, and provide content their followers feel is valuable, then it makes this a non-issue. The problem arises when posts become too marketing focused, too 'salesy' and too focused on what you can get out of your followers versus what you can offer them. I'm not looking into other platforms. We basically have a presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. That's it for now at least.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Facebook, Twitter & Instagram are already plenty. No need to go further imo.
    And yes, over the years, those platforms have been reducing the organic reach of the posts. They only display to let's say 10% of the audience. But then it's the same thing that happens with instagram and twitter. If you are not connected when they are published and are not within the organic reach, you most likely wont see the post.

Those social medias are important for businesses but cannot suffice

I read an interesting article the other day and it made sense : if i recall correctly, the average lifespan of a tweet is about 13mins, and on facebook about 3h.
    Obviously that would also depends of your community and how much they interact with your publications, but the days in which you can rely exclusively on those social medias, and organically, are way over.

Numbers vary, but the idea remains
    > https://queezly.com/content-lifespan-on-social-media/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My book is being released in Colombia

This is the fifth country where it's released, after Spain, Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Ari!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I never use Facebook for anything. I detest the whole concept of it, but that's just me.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have recently used the SK Facebook groups as an alternative outlet for selling some books. With no disrespect to anyone (I know some members here are also on these FB groups) the majority of people on these groups are what I would classify as "second tier" collectors. What I mean by this is that they are not the connoisseurs that are found on this site and are usually not in the market for the higher priced items. They are however keen to expand their collections with lower priced items such as gift editions or 1st editions that are more VG than Fine. I was able to offload the majority of my gift editions at the top end of the pricing scale and all were sold (and happily received) within less than a week. In comparison I have had a S/L COTW (with some issues) up for sale @ $699 with zero interest, It seems $150 is about the top of the pricing scale for these groups (I'm sure Kris will have different opinions on this as I know he has sold higher end items through FB - I do wonder if they were also members here though)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have recently used the SK Facebook groups as an alternative outlet for selling some books. With no disrespect to anyone (I know some members here are also on these FB groups) the majority of people on these groups are what I would classify as "second tier" collectors. What I mean by this is that they are not the connoisseurs that are found on this site and are usually not in the market for the higher priced items. They are however keen to expand their collections with lower priced items such as gift editions or 1st editions that are more VG than Fine. I was able to offload the majority of my gift editions at the top end of the pricing scale and all were sold (and happily received) within less than a week. In comparison I have had a S/L COTW (with some issues) up for sale @ $699 with zero interest, It seems $150 is about the top of the pricing scale for these groups (I'm sure Kris will have different opinions on this as I know he has sold higher end items through FB - I do wonder if they were also members here though)
    While there is merit to that Simon, I will disagree as you mentioned. haha I think the reason for that is a trust factor and the type of group your selling in. I have sold (as you are aware being in the groups with me) every book I posted. The most expensive being $7500. I have many many sales over $5000 (Not a single one is a member here to I think should be noted). I also am working a deal for a FB member for $14K on a set of DT books. I find they are cautious when spending a lot but perhaps the amount of time I have spent selling and buying there helped where as you only sold that small lot? Facebook is a different forum to share and enjoy peoples stuff. I have found books there for my own collection not found here (artwork and many books). I can say with absolute certainty... I would not refer to any of them as "second tier". The beauty of the groups is there are MANY collectors that are new and by being active and positive there... we grow the collecting "newbies". It is nice to have new faces as some just WILL NOT come here... even though you, Becca, myself, Chad R, and many more have tried. They are not interested in the forum style discussion. I attribute this place as my collecting bible so to speak.. I have learned the majority of my knowledge here but I am learning there as well. Without Facebook... I would not have my collection to where it is. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. To each his own and as this forum isn't for everyone, neither is Facebook.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

To your point, Kris, about FB being a place to grow the collecting newbies, I couldn’t agree more. That’s where I went first and I may not have ever become active here if I hadn’t repeatedly been urged to try it. I think I even created an account here around the same time I joined your group but ended up using Facebook primarily. That said, however, I think that had a lot, if not entirely, to do with your other point about the forum style not being for everyone. And I think that has a lot to do the fact that most people, especially Facebook users, access the web almost entirely through a smart phone. A forum just isn’t mobile friendly, whereas Facebook’s app makes it too easy to browse and participate. Only until I saw the Tapatalk line in people’s posts here did I realize what the trick is. It essentially turns the forum interface into that of Facebook’s. So, that’s what made me wonder if Facebook is important once you get the hang of using this forum.

Of course, to Paul’s point, Facebook is practically vital for businesses operating primarily online. I’m not arguing that, I’m more talking about the importance strictly from a collector’s standpoint. To that point, I understand why it’s important to you for your sales efforts. I’d even consider your Facebook group a sort of business in a way, simply because there’s always something for sale. As you know, I’m one of your customers! So I get that it’s important for you and Paul, but, for me I wonder if I’ll get just as much out of TDT, now that I see the whole picture.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Facebook is evil.

Country
    Country Flag

To your point, Kris, about FB being a place to grow the collecting newbies, I couldn’t agree more. That’s where I went first and I may not have ever become active here if I hadn’t repeatedly been urged to try it. I think I even created an account here around the same time I joined your group but ended up using Facebook primarily. That said, however, I think that had a lot, if not entirely, to do with your other point about the forum style not being for everyone. And I think that has a lot to do the fact that most people, especially Facebook users, access the web almost entirely through a smart phone. A forum just isn’t mobile friendly, whereas Facebook’s app makes it too easy to browse and participate. Only until I saw the Tapatalk line in people’s posts here did I realize what the trick is. It essentially turns the forum interface into that of Facebook’s. So, that’s what made me wonder if Facebook is important once you get the hang of using this forum.

Of course, to Paul’s point, Facebook is practically vital for businesses operating primarily online. I’m not arguing that, I’m more talking about the importance strictly from a collector’s standpoint. To that point, I understand why it’s important to you for your sales efforts. I’d even consider your Facebook group a sort of business in a way, simply because there’s always something for sale. As you know, I’m one of your customers! So I get that it’s important for you and Paul, but, for me I wonder if I’ll get just as much out of TDT, now that I see the whole picture.
    I do not only use Facebook for King. I use it for my Printing business but more importantly... to keep in touch with old friends and my family. Seeing my nieces and nephews pictures day to day is awesome. With Group chats, I keep up to date with Golf trips with the guys, weekend plans with other couples, family events.... the list goes ON and ON. It is where I go to get real world advice on my Yamaha SXS that I cannot get from the dealer. I think it is a great tool in many ways. Like I said it is not for everyone but it is important to me in ways other than King.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know of a free email service that doesn't data mine emails? I don't think there is one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 694 of 971 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 ... LastLast