Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 755 of 971 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 753 754 755 756 757 765 805 855 ... LastLast
Results 18,851 to 18,875 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.
    I have a Black and Decker corded trimmer that I got from Wal-Mart for like $50 or $60 a few years ago. It automatically feeds the line out and is actually powerful enough to chip concrete.

I know I can get the string at pretty much any big-box store or from Amazon. If you don't want corded, they also make a battery-powered version, but I can't personally vouch for it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Weed eater recommendations? One you don't have to pull the cord 18 times to get it to turn over and stop every 5 seconds to get more string.
    I have a Black and Decker corded trimmer that I got from Wal-Mart for like $50 or $60 a few years ago. It automatically feeds the line out and is actually powerful enough to chip concrete.

I know I can get the string at pretty much any big-box store or from Amazon. If you don't want corded, they also make a battery-powered version, but I can't personally vouch for it.
    Thanks! Leaning towards an Ego from Home Depot. I tad more costly but great reviews and the batteries work with their other stuff.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here drive a Toyata Tacoma? I think I am dumping this FORD for one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Toyota are bulletproof, but Fords are supposed to be too?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Toyota are bulletproof, but Fords are supposed to be too?
    I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers............................................ ..................LOL

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by George at C-Springs
    Hey Bill - As far as the bovine cartilage, yep, and it works. When I had my MOHS skin cancer surgery on my nose they plugged the big open hole with the bovine stuff to promote healing since, because of the where the hole was, they couldn't sew it shut. I basically left it in for awhile, covered with a bandage, and kept it moist. It completely healed, pretty quickly, and with hardly any scar which is crazy knowing the hole that was there. So yeah, let 'em slap some cow in there and a little bit of shark couldn't hurt either. George
    Hey, Georgie-boy, great to hear from you and even better to hear that you can vouch for the procedure. Sets my mind a little easier knowing you have first hand knowledge that it works. I have renewed confidence now, many thanks!!!

BTW, did you have any Movie theme music issues like they have suggested I will experience? lol lol
    I had no cow music playing through my nose, I'm sorry to say ... but if you haven't yet read "The Cows are Coming" by our very own Thomas Cranham (is Thomas still around?), it's a must-read before the procedure.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone here drive a Toyata Tacoma? I think I am dumping this FORD for one!
    Great trucks. get a pre-runner if you can.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There are three contests for tickets to the second Metallica S&M show.

The tickets are only available to members of the Fifth Member fan club. Legacy members get the chance for front row seats. Drawing is tomorrow night, so enter if you want a chance at tickets.

https://www.metallica.com/news/2019-...formation.html

Contest #1: Legacy Member Only – Floor, First Three (3) Rows

Enter to win a chance to purchase tickets in the first three (3) rows. Prices are $300, $400, and $500 + service fees for each row, so please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #1 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #2: Legacy Member Only – Floor Seats

Prices are $200 + service fees, please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #2 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #3: Legacy and Fifth Members – Non-Floor Seats

Reservation codes will be chosen randomly with half going to Legacy Members and half to all other Fifth Members. You will choose your seat location at the time of purchase with no specific locations guaranteed. Pricing ranges from $50-$200 + service fees.
    Enter Contest #3
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s very cool they are doing a show just for the fan club. I entered contest #3 as soon as I got the email. Fingers crossed that I’ll be making another trip to SF this year.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, FWIW "The Dark Tower" has finally hit pay tv. It's now showing on "Showtime" and I believe it is airing tomorrow at 4pm AZ time. Tune in to see how, Hollywood fucked up a significant authors' "Magnum Opus" and lifetime epic!!!!

Edit: Oh, and BTW I made it through the surgical procedure if anyone is still following this sad and sordid tale of woe!!! LOL As a bonus, the Doc was able to skip the "Shark skin" step which eliminates the need for a follow up procedure to remove it in 4 weeks and apply a graph of my own skin. This was due to the fact that the wound site was in such good shape as to eliminate the need, which is pretty cool in my book!!!

So, while it hurts like a real bastard right now, shame since the leg was feeling so much better, I am now supposedly on track for a complete healin and maybe even resuming P/T in 30-45 days. I may even be able to lose the wheelchair for short distances and navigate around the house a bit. So, all in all a real cause for optimism. I guess all those good thoughts and wishes from you folks had an impact and I am therefore quite filled with gratitude. Thank you all very much!!!! I sure hope everything stays on the "good" track and I finally get a break!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for sure!! lol lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad it went well, Bill.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really glad to hear you're doing better, Bill. My thoughts and prayers are still with you.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang in there, Bill. Me and the family are thinking of you!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is a book collector site, but recently I've experienced a wave of nostalgia for my teen days. In general, buying a car is a money losing proposition, but a few cars go up in value and cost far more than 30-50 years ago.

My first car was a 1967 Pontiac Firebird. I bought it when I was 15 years (1975) old (no license yet, permit was at 15 1/2, license was at 16). The car had sat in a neighbors driveway undriven for at least 5 years. It had 2 blown gears in the transmission, and deep rain,and tree sap stains in the paint. I bought the car for $200. I worked hard to repair/improve the car. I sold it in 1978 for $2,000.

If I tried to buy the car today, it would cost at least $20,000!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You should try and locate it, always a possibility today ... all you really need is the VIN. If not your own you could always go for another at not unreasonable prices, they pass across the stage all the time in the weekly Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions. Mecum will be in Portland in June, Monterey in August and Las Vegas in October along with Barrett-Jackson.

Growing up a guy a few blocks from had a '69 Firebird, Canary Yellow, white interior, white convertible top ... always loved that car.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a sharp looking vehicle. Love that green paint job.

My first car was a '73 CUDA, just a 318 engine though, metallic blue with a racing stripe. I watched it being made on the assembly line because I was working at Chrysler at the time. Paid $3600 (I think). Sold it for $800 ten years later. I wish I still had it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have the VIN, and I sold it (not kidding) to a military guy from Colorado back in mid 1978. As much as I loved the car, it was a stripped down version. It had NO power steering, No power brakes, 4 wheel drum brakes, no A/C, no power windows, the smaller 326 C.I. V-8 (not the desirable 400) almost no premiums other than a Muncie 4-speed with a Hurst shifter (weird choice on a 2-barrel V-8).

If I ever drank the Kool-Aid, I'd buy a fully optioned original convertible, or a nicely modified convertible. Somewhere between $25K-$65K.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Growing up a guy a few blocks from had a '69 Firebird, Canary Yellow, white interior, white convertible top ... always loved that car.
    That sounds niiiiiice.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a sharp looking vehicle. Love that green paint job.

My first car was a '73 CUDA, just a 318 engine though, metallic blue with a racing stripe. I watched it being made on the assembly line because I was working at Chrysler at the time. Paid $3600 (I think). Sold it for $800 ten years later. I wish I still had it.
    I don't have the VIN, and I sold it (not kidding) to a military guy from Colorado back in mid 1978. As much as I loved the car, it was a stripped down version. It had NO power steering, No power brakes, 4 wheel drum brakes, no A/C, no power windows, the smaller 326 C.I. V-8 (not the desirable 400) almost no premiums other than a Muncie 4-speed with a Hurst shifter (weird choice on a 2-barrel V-.

If I ever drank the Kool-Aid, I'd buy a fully optioned original convertible, or a nicely modified convertible. Somewhere between $25K-$65K.
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    That sounds niiiiiice.
    My grandmother had a '57 Bel Air Convertible; she got rid of it due to a leaky radiator and bought a '64 Impala SS Convertible (I grew up in that). Dad had a '72 Road Runner and then a '75 Road Runner. Mom's boyfriend had a '70 Hemi Challenger. Of all these the Impala lasted the longest, my grandmother got rid of it after I'd been in the USAF many years, probably early 90's sometime; the floorboards had rusted out so she traded it in. I about fainted when she told me; she had no idea I would have wanted it.

Country
    Country Flag

I was two in 1975. Just to make you guys feel more nostalgic . My first car was a 1975 Caprice Classic. I bought it from an old lady in 1990 with 60,000 original miles. It wasn't pretty but it got me from point A to B most days and big as a freakin' whale.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is mental :

- I've had 41 replies to that english tweet : https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...01799453220864
    - I've had over 1,200 replies to that same tweet, in french : https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...63983133589504
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    This is mental :

- I've had 41 replies to that english tweet : https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...01799453220864
    - I've had over 1,200 replies to that same tweet, in french : https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...63983133589504
    Timing was a little off, but mine from a couple of hours ago was to the decorator asking when he was coming round to paint the living room!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Was the politics thread closed by mistake?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    There are three contests for tickets to the second Metallica S&M show.

The tickets are only available to members of the Fifth Member fan club. Legacy members get the chance for front row seats. Drawing is tomorrow night, so enter if you want a chance at tickets.

https://www.metallica.com/news/2019-...formation.html

Contest #1: Legacy Member Only – Floor, First Three (3) Rows

Enter to win a chance to purchase tickets in the first three (3) rows. Prices are $300, $400, and $500 + service fees for each row, so please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #1 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #2: Legacy Member Only – Floor Seats

Prices are $200 + service fees, please do not enter if you do not intend to purchase these tickets.
    Enter Contest #2 (Legacy Members Only)

Contest #3: Legacy and Fifth Members – Non-Floor Seats

Reservation codes will be chosen randomly with half going to Legacy Members and half to all other Fifth Members. You will choose your seat location at the time of purchase with no specific locations guaranteed. Pricing ranges from $50-$200 + service fees.
    Enter Contest #3
    I won the third contest. I'll be seeing Metallica in San Francisco once again.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, Brian! Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 755 of 971 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 753 754 755 756 757 765 805 855 ... LastLast