Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 971 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 955 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yep... wait til I cut the hood, put a custom intake on it to channel air to the duel 4 barrel carbs I'm going to add... ha ha

probably going to yank the orange carpet and go charcoal black - then get the seats leathered up in two tone heavy duty leather - similar to my Fieros.

stick at least a 1500 watt amp in the to make that 8 track sweat, give it a real Richard Simons work out.
    (I'll be adding in some upgraded sound unit (CD/Midi/MP player) and doing a major speaker upgrade.)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fun video clip - Famous Film Scenes in Lego.

Pay attention at 1:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbB61_urAlg#t=103

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    yep... wait til I cut the hood, put a custom intake on it to channel air to the duel 4 barrel carbs I'm going to add... ha ha

probably going to yank the orange carpet and go charcoal black - then get the seats leathered up in two tone heavy duty leather - similar to my Fieros.

stick at least a 1500 watt amp in the to make that 8 track sweat, give it a real Richard Simons work out.
    (I'll be adding in some upgraded sound unit (CD/Midi/MP player) and doing a major speaker upgrade.)
    No,no nooo - THIS is how you should paint it:

Waynes World! Excellent! Party ON!!

However...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This morning was... even better that I thought!

I was to attend Neil Gaiman's press conference in Paris. I didn't know what to expect, and didn't think that I would be able to ask questions. But in the end I was WAY WRONG !
    It was a very small (and intimate) press event, as we were about 15 people maximum sharing a privatised room in a cafe !

We all had plenty time to ask questions. Actually, from the 15 people, I would say that only 4-5 of us were asking questions. The others being too shy to do so, or not knowing what to ask. I personnally only had prepared 2 questions so I improvised some. It was weird because at first nobody was starting, so I jumped in to ask the first question (and struggling to find my words, between french and english).
    It was a VERY NICE event. Very intimate (I was at what? 2m max of Neil. We were looking at each others in the eyes when asking/answering).

I should have an audio recording later on, and will share it.
    At the end, we improvised a signing (once again, we were only 4 of us to have brought books?), and as it wasn't planned in the busy planning I didnt have the time to ask for sharing a picture. Oh well.
    It was still pretty nice !!!

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so fucking cool. Gaiman has been one of my favorite creative forces since I read and fell in love with his Sandman graphic novels just under a decade ago.

Lucky!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am preparing an article for my website about it, but we had some nice informations from Neil.
    Such as the fact that just before going to the press conference, he sent the last short story for his next collection (to be released in february), he also gave us its title.
    He also said, among a lot of things, that his next book is likely to be an AMERICAN GODS story !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am preparing an article for my website about it, but we had some nice informations from Neil.
    Such as the fact that just before going to the press conference, he sent the last short story for his next collection (to be released in february), he also gave us its title.
    He also said, among a lot of things, that his next book is likely to be an AMERICAN GODS story !
    Sounds like a great way to start the week!

Country
    Country Flag

He said that he wrote 4 radioplays (and would like to write more), but do yous know which one it was?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what a great experience, HW!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

No,no nooo - THIS is how you should paint it:

Waynes World! Excellent! Party ON!!

However...
    That looks like a pacer, not gremlin

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks like a pacer, not gremlin
    Yes, my bad.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Dont worry, I wont be talking about it a lot more, but...

So I FINALLY have finished my article about the press conference with Neil Gaiman.
    Here is a link to my article..
    >>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actualite

Since most of y'all, dont read french, i think that you can go directly to the audio recording ! Unfortunately there is about 15 minutes missing, but it's still quite interesting !
    >>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/4308-actu...strement-audio

In the meantime, here is a selection of the signed books I got !

Anansi Boys : I didnt pay attention, but the dedication of the book says that as always the reader take the book, seek for the dedication and of course is not dedicated to us. Neil underlined the part where it says that this time, the book is dedicated to YOU (the reader). Which is a nice dedication !

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever became of "TwistedNadine"???? Anyone know?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Congratulations, Jeremy!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great, Shannon!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bill (can't say I like the name change tho, my friend)!

I'm still adjusting, but I am looking at the challenges as an opportunity to grow as a human being.

On an unrelated note: I've recently decided it is imperative for me to learn how to write code a develop apps, as I want my business to have a website and have an idea for a killer app. That said, I have no idea where to start. Can you guys give me some suggestions as to the best way to start learning to write code and programming basics (for free)? Say thankee big-big to anyone who helps in this brainstorming.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Hey, its Halloween!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol, true. I think you just inspired me to change my picture and moniker haha (even tho ironically I'm going as Gatsby and my girlfriend is going as Daisy).

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post

I'm still adjusting, but I am looking at the challenges as an opportunity to grow as a human being.

On an unrelated note: I've recently decided it is imperative for me to learn how to write code a develop apps, as I want my business to have a website and have an idea for a killer app. That said, I have no idea where to start. Can you guys give me some suggestions as to the best way to start learning to write code and programming basics (for free)? Say thankee big-big to anyone who helps in this brainstorming.
    One of the other designers that I work with mentioned this site.
    http://www.codecademy.com
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post

"Writing Code" is a very broad subject. If you are interested in apps then you have several choices. You can learn to write 'native' code (ie code that is developed and compiled for the specific operating system of the targeted device, e.g Xcode for iOS, Android Java, C# for WIndows Phone 8, etc) or you can develop applications that work across platform (usually within the device browser) using HTML5. (This requires several coding skills - HTML Markup, CSS and Javascript).

As a beginner I would probably recommend you look at iOS as Apple's development tools are excellent, there are many free courses on line and literally hundreds of books. Developing in Xcode does require Apple Hardware however. The release of iOS 8 has also introduced a new language called Swift which is far simpler (though no less capable) than Xcode. Take a look here

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

I want pics of the, RF display!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever dealt with shipping through the USPS Bell Gardens facility in California? I have a book sitting there right now on its way to me, but I've read numerous articles about that facility being a major black hole, with items taking forever to arrive, if at all.

I have a Holy Grail on the way, so I'm a little concerned when I'll see it, and in what condition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 971 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 955 ... LastLast