Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 972 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 680 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Michaël,
    Have a great trip, be careful, have a wonderful time.
    Can you send any pictures while you're on the road?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like something out of a Stephen King story:
    http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/0...old-from-hell/
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Major Wildfires on all four corners of Austin...
    I took these photos today...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Terry, those are some impressive photos. Stay safe!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A little less than eleven hours before take off - I'll be talking to you guys again on September 30th.

PS If someone finds a green UK BAG OF BONES proof in the meantime, please get it for me. You will be rewarded handsomely.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not take this pic., but this will give you the scope of the wildfires raging around the Austin area.
    this is JUST ONE of the 7-8 different fires in the Austin area...
    yesterday, no matter which way you looked, north, south, east or west.... there was a major wild fire burning.
    this one is the in Bastrop, over 60 miles away from where the picture was taken and about 35 miles from downtown Austin.
    Over 500 homes have been totally destroyed so far in the fire pictured below... and many more in the other fires. very sad.
    -terry

the fires...from space

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The good news is that my truck will be paid off in November...the bad news is that my college loan deferment is up in December. It's kinda funny how life always seems to balance out isn't it?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The good news is that my truck will be paid off in November...the bad news is that my college loan deferment is up in December. It's kinda funny how life always seems to balance out isn't it?
    Stasis.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been contacted by a polish journalist preparing an article about Stephen King.. lol :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Went out of town over the weekend and took a printed PDF copy of The Plant with me. Never read it before. Now I know where Bob's handle came from (dah)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of town for a while (is everyone out of town, what's going on here? lol), up in Idaho for a few weeks. Staying at the Hyatt. Yay, right? No, it's more like BOOOOOOOO!!!!! The room is nice, don't get me wrong, but the internet connection is atrocious. SOOOO bad. Forget about downloading anything, forget about streaming anything ... HOW am I going to watch my movies and television shows!!!?? So frustrating! I'm considering going to a coffee shop/anywhere that provides free wifi and just download everything I need so I can have it later on in the day.

Grrr ... that's my rant for the day, adios.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone works for the state (teachers..etc) or federal gov...they can apply for a waiver for the balance of the student loan after ten years of service(while paying your student loans..have to have proof of payment).

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    If anyone works for the state (teachers..etc) or federal gov...they can apply for a waiver for the balance of the student loan after ten years of service(while paying your student loans..have to have proof of payment).
    That's very interesting although this does not apply to me. Just out of curiosities sake do you know if the waiver requests are usually approved and if so is there a monetary cap?

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to thank the housing bubble of the early 2000s for paying off my student loans for me.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I like Amazon, their poor packaging is getting ridiculous. I just got my copy of The Dark Tower comic omnibus. They put it in a box that fit the book perfectly. No other safety packaging. Of course, one of the corners got mashed in, damaging the book and slipcase. And, since they don't have any in stock, I can only return it for a refund. I'm really tired of ordering "collectible" books from them, no matter what their price.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's very interesting although this does not apply to me. Just out of curiosities sake do you know if the waiver requests are usually approved and if so is there a monetary cap?
    This is what I know. I heard this from a lawyer, I have a friend( teaches at a college) that checked it out(ive also looked into..its legit). The lawyer owes 250,000 in loans...so, Im taking a guess that there may not be a cap..since thats the highest amount that Ive personally heard about..maybe medical doctors owe more..dont know. The only thing that stands out in my mind, is that someone may have to pay some taxes on the remaining balance, but hell, who wouldnt be happy to do that.

So, this is what everyone is doing that Ive personally talked to about it. They are all going to go with the family plan....which is income based, they just need to pay the bare minimum on their loans for 10 years...and then hopefullly, get forgiven for the rest.

If anyone has any other "plans" for dealing with these pesky student loans...im all ears, and would be more than grateful to be educated more on the subject.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what I know. I heard this from a lawyer, I have a friend( teaches at a college) that checked it out(ive also looked into..its legit). The lawyer owes 250,000 in loans...so, Im taking a guess that there may not be a cap..since thats the highest amount that Ive personally heard about..maybe medical doctors owe more..dont know. The only thing that stands out in my mind, is that someone may have to pay some taxes on the remaining balance, but hell, who wouldnt be happy to do that.

So, this is what everyone is doing that Ive personally talked to about it. They are all going to go with the family plan....which is income based, they just need to pay the bare minimum on their loans for 10 years...and then hopefullly, get forgiven for the rest.

If anyone has any other "plans" for dealing with these pesky student loans...im all ears, and would be more than grateful to be educated more on the subject.
    Thanks for the reply. For me and as far as I know the only other "plan" is to pay the damn things. I don't think there is any way to get rid of the debt other then paying for it.

P.S. To be clear I'm referring to government student loans. If you have other "unsecured" loans I think a chapter 7 bankruptcy will at least freeze the interest while you pay the loan back. I'm not an expert on these things so I may be mistaking.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Plane tickets to Boston booked for November 6th

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

OOOO, we should set up a meet and greet!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    OOOO, we should set up a meet and greet!!!!
    I really like that idea!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any guess at how it's going to work on Nov. 7? I am absolutely taking that day of work. Will I just have to be willing to wake up really early to guarantee myself a spot, or will there be a drawing of some sort?

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Where in Boston is the book signing? I am planning to be in Maine then and would love to drive to Boston for the day for this!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

No idea yet, but i hope to be able to be there seeing as were over from the UK

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    No idea yet, but i hope to be able to be there seeing as were over from the UK
    How cool!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky for me, my investment if this doesn't work out is $0.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 972 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 680 ... LastLast