Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 972 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I heard the other day on the BBC news, that the UK gov plans to increase the uni tuition fees.
    From ~3K up to ~9K.... and graduates will have the graduate fees to pay. 29-49% of their incomes, when they get more than 21K a year...
    For England, the maximum fees could be 9K. This would only be for the very top colleges.

In Scotland there are no tuition fees.
    I disagree. My course (in Scotland) was ~9K/ year if i remember well. However, it was paid by an organisation (SAAS), and as a european student i wont have to pay it back.
    My gf (scottish) have to pay back this money...

And some friends (from Malaysia & Kuweit), because they were considered as "oversea student" had to pay a premium price : ~15/19K. Not that it bothered then cause their parents were paying...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No course fees nowadays in Scotland. They were abolished last year.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, that will not erase my gf's debt...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So a 1/st/1st The Gunslinger sold for $415 last night. It was in good shape too. I was going to BIN it for $550 but the seller never got back to me. Lesson: don't ristrict your shipping to a smaller market and you'll make more money.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May be a long shot, but is any one here that's going to a Geo. Bush signing of his new book? Might be willing to pick up an additional signed copy (if that's even feasible). I've never been to any signing so don't know what the protocols are.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

What is it with books being released earlier in the UK ?!

I see that FDNS is released in the UK the same day as here in the US ... but I also see that the new Patricia Cornwell is already available across the Pond ( released 10/28 ) and won't be released until 11/30 here !!

Something similar happened with a Linda Castillo novel - it was released two weeks earlier in the UK.

What is up with that??
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's to compensate for our copies costing far more

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I don't know about that - the book I'm talking about was listed at amazon.co.uk for GBP 8.50 - which is 13.6273 USD
    The same book is at amazon here in the US for $15.09 ... so you're actually getting it cheaper there !!

Patricia Cornwell / Port Mortuary
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone heard from David from Betts.

I've had an e-mail conversation 5 days ago and didn't hear from him since.
    Saw his last activity over here was around the same day, too!

(Maybe he's on vacation?)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah : how is his new job going? Anyone?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

David is just really, really busy right now. He is definitely working on Betts Bookstore business but he has a new job, new hours, family obligations, lots of orders and inquiries, etc. I know for a fact he is working as hard as he can. We all must be as patient as we can, myself included.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just heard from him, half an hour a ago.

I wasn't impatient... just curious.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Just heard from him, half an hour a ago.

I wasn't impatient... just curious.
    I didn't mean to imply that you were being impatient. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I heard from David on 11/5, he is corecting a mix-up in my order.
    Alls well.

Brian

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am alive and well...a LOT frazzled, but ok. Trying to do 2 full-time jobs, be a husband, be a parent to three kids (1 in the process of applying to college) etc., etc. is kicking my butt royally. Plus, I have to sit for a licensing exam in another 10 days or so for my new job. If I do not pass, I lose my job...no pressure at all.

Not to sing a sad song or trying to elicit sympathy, but my life is out of control. The new job is at peak crunch time (happens 4 times a year when companies all report financial results) so I'm working 12am to 10:30 am, sleeping for an hour or hour and a half, then trying to answer the influx of emails/take orders/pack orders/ship orders at Betts for a couple hours, study for my exam/manage the kids when they start arriving home, eat dinner, clean up, and off to bed at 8pm to get up at just before midnight to start all over again.

I realized this weekend that my life was out of control when I realized I had NO CLUE who won the World Series and I saw that I had not checked my personal email since October 15th! Not Good! There are some days that I do not get to Betts at all because of other more important things going on. The best I can do is prioritize the long list of stuff that awaits my efforts and do the most critical things on the list as best I can leaving countless other things untouched. So, that's my life these days. Again, not seeking sympathy, just letting you know what my reality is.

I am doing the best I can to keep up with orders and emails. Overall, I think I am doing an ok job, so understand if you do not get a reply to an email for a couple days. Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but sometimes it is unavoidable. I truly do not know how the many people who work 2 jobs to try to support their family manage to get it all done...perhaps they don't and just do the mission critical stuff...let me tell you, it's no life. I don't think I can do this another 15 years until I can retire.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

David

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember to look after yourself first David!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Just take care of yourself and yours. Betts can wait.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    That is an EXTREMELY busy life!
    Good luck! I agree with John-take care of yourself.

Country
    Country Flag

You wanted a job, now you have 2 or 3 ;-)

Take care and try to do not get crazy... Good luck for your exam!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of you and wishing you the best, David.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David

Thoughts are with you, know exactly what you are going through.
    For almost a year I worked 2 full time and 1 part time job.
    From the sound of it, you are handling it very well.
    Hang in there, don't forget to take care of yourself (eat healthy), and know we are all rooting for your success.

Stay Well,
    Karl

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

??? Did this really go in the trash, Patrick?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Not sure anyone has mentioned it, and maybe there is a better thread for this, but for anyone who cares: That flimsy glossy insert (USA Weekend) in yesterday's Sunday newspaper had a short interview with Stephen King.

EDIT:

Here is a link to the interview online.

What's On Stephen King's Dark Side?

Does anyone collect the original printed copies of this "small" stuff?
    Patrick,

I was gonna post this today if no one else had - thanks. I kept my copy!
    No problem. It's so rare that I'm the first one to post news.

I have a copy, and my friend may still have a copy (did when I posted). They're going in the recycling can since no one appears interested. I don't keep this stuff.

And, yes, CONGRATULATIONS to the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeebus, Brice! I posted that how long ago? I even mentioned it twice and no one showed any interest, so...

Spoiler:
    I saved it another week because I had a sneaking suspicion someone, possibly you, would eventually speak up. I have it right here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

I know I haven't been around much.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 is far from the best year I lived, but yesterday I got two very good news that I'd like to share

The first one is that yesterday both my girlfriend and I paid the last installment of the apartment, so now we're full owners of the flat!! Here in Argentina that's something hard to achieve when you're 30 and it involved a tought sacrifice every month...but now it's over

And the second one is that, since the day all the team was fired from Gameloft, we kept contact and had regular meetings...and we're starting our own company. We're already working on a project to present for investors (there were several interested, specially because in Argentina there are no people with more than 2 years in the field, experienced....and it's impossible to find a full team with that experience that is already working together). Anyway...this requires a really hard work and no money for some months, but then...who knows which point can we reach
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 972 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast