Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 972 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 598 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the great comments on my cake! I'm taking some decorating classes to 'enhance' my abilities and am working on a startup-kind-of thing. That's part of what's been taking me away from you guys so much lately! That cake was my final for one of my classes, and I love it, too! 100% edible.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What grade did you get on it?

John

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to learn to stop obsessing over things...it's really eating into my productivity.

But it's still fun. Who wouldn't want 4 episodes of Doctor Who over studying for an important Biology test?

gsvec: Awesome cake! Looking at it is making me even hungrier...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I want cake....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

the cake is a lie
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But....Gladys promised me cake!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She promised me some, too!

And John - I got an A, of course.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course you did, Gretchen.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Interesting article from CNBC on rare books as an investment:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39340301

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

interesting. Now if only I had the money to invest..........
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    interesting. Now if only I had the money to invest..........
    Quotes from the article:

"Ask a dealer if books are a wise investment strategy and the short answer is no. Mostly because there’s no liquidity and no fixed prices."

"If you buy a book from me at $2,000, for you to get your money back you’re going to have to wait until it’s worth $4,000 and a dealer will pay you $2,000 for it. That cycle is typically about seven years."

"There are people who collect for financial reasons. I don’t call them collectors, I call them accumulators. They’re buying books like they would buy stocks and bonds. Those people seldom do well."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the article !

I FUCKING KICKED some ARSE today :-)
    The very last time during which i was a student : presenting what i did during my internship (in WebMarketing)
    I finished it by "bla bla bla... worked on SEM that allowed me getting a job" which was a very good finishing sentence!

They were very interested by it, and the main attendee (teacher) said that my dissertation was very interesting (others were very boring).
    According to my colleague which did attend the comments, they really loved it, and were surprised that the company is not keeping me.

Anyway, i am going out to buy some champagne for my leaving 'party' friday... and some for me n my girl

I am now happy to start working for the next 45+ years
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great! Congratulations!

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Thanks!! Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Thanks for the article !

I FUCKING KICKED some ARSE today :-)
    The very last time during which i was a student : presenting what i did during my internship (in WebMarketing)
    I finished it by "bla bla bla... worked on SEM that allowed me getting a job" which was a very good finishing sentence!

They were very interested by it, and the main attendee (teacher) said that my dissertation was very interesting (others were very boring).
    According to my colleague which did attend the comments, they really loved it, and were surprised that the company is not keeping me.

Anyway, i am going out to buy some champagne for my leaving 'party' friday... and some for me n my girl

Congrats, J !!! Way to go!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Breezy

Congrats, Herbertwest!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Congrats. J.

Now get to work for the next 45 years to pay for my pension. (Don't you just love young people)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, man!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks everybody!

Dont worry MrRabbit... i'll start soon, and wont be finishing soon!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry J. It's now 47 years as your government has raised the retirement age, and sent in the Special Forces to break up the strikes.

WTF!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Sorry J. It's now 47 years as your government has raised the retirement age, and sent in the Special Forces to break up the strikes.

WTF!
    I saw that on the news! It's pretty bad when Lady Gaga concerts are getting cancelled over the strikes!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    ... It's pretty bad when Lady Gaga concerts are getting cancelled over the strikes!!!
    Leave it to Kenny to put events in their proper perspective.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy

what strikes?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    what strikes?
    Apparently the French government is moving the retirement from age 60 to age 62. The workers are revolting!

http://www.france24.com/en/france

My Mood
    Breezy

thanks, I had googled it already. Too much work lately, haven't kept up with the news. That's bad, but not THAT bad. We've had it that way for years, right? Besides, I read somewhere that their work weeks are way shorter than ours, and all kinds of other concessions they get. I'm working 72 hours this week, 2 graveyards and 4 days, all 12 hour shifts, and I managed to do 2 side jobs already. So they need to quit whining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 972 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 598 ... LastLast