Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 972 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 461 861 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So fireworks are "illegal" in Illinois. We can buy things that produce smoke, but nothing that produces sparks or flames. Not even sparklers. I put that word in quotes because pretty much everyone has them and sets them off on the fourth. I don't even have to go to any of the official fireworks shows in town. I can just sit and watch my neighbors set theirs off.

The thing is, they are legal in every single surrounding state. Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri. So most people here have access to them within an hour's drive. The vendors set up their shops right on the border for that reason alone.

Then the politicians can't figure out why the state is broke.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So fireworks are "illegal" in Illinois. We can buy things that produce smoke, but nothing that produces sparks or flames. Not even sparklers. I put that word in quotes because pretty much everyone has them and sets them off on the fourth. I don't even have to go to any of the official fireworks shows in town. I can just sit and watch my neighbors set theirs off.

The thing is, they are legal in every single surrounding state. Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri. So most people here have access to them within an hour's drive. The vendors set up their shops right on the border for that reason alone.

Then the politicians can't figure out why the state is broke.
    In Florida they set up tents and storefronts to sell fireworks even though they are basically illegal.
    You have to sign a waiver saying you are buying them for agricultural use only.
    Then we have visitors who are wondering why they are getting stopped while trying to bring them through the airport in their carry-on bags?
    Not sure which is more stupid the law or these morons packing fireworks.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I love the 4th of July. What other time of year can you watch disgustingly intoxicated morons light fireworks upside down and blow up their cars? Eight cars damaged this year. You'd think they would learn and either move their cars down the street or maybe leave the firework lighting to those less inebriated. The show was amazing though. And thankfully none of my dogs are bothered by the noise.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me of our all too human propensity to unconsciously undermine those things in life that should be the most important to us - to overanalyse a situation when no analysis was required in the first instance: to mentally transform something fundamentally simple into something so overwhelmingly complex that it becomes a burden instead of the fulfilling dimension to life that it should be: to allow the rigours and challenges of everyday life to bubble over and pollute those areas of one’s life that should remain inviolate: to have done, said, written, thought, hurtful things and not having the tools nor courage to recant, to take them back: to be human because that’s all we know how to be.
    Been there. Being human, the best we can do is try to make amends, learn from it, and apply what we learn as best we can going forward.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a phone call on my way home from work saying my fiancée had been in a car accident. Next 30 mins were hell trying to find more details and thankfully apart from a few cuts and bruises the hospital says she's ok. The car's a bit of a mess but at the moment I couldn't give a shit about that, i'm just so thankful that's she's ok, couldn't do without her!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Very very glad to hear she's ok, Tito

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad it wasn't more serious. Cars can be replaced.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy to hear her injuries were not too serious.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah me too. Glad she's OK, Tom.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic news Tom (too bad about the car though, however; as John says, they can be replaced) !!!!
    We all float down here!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I had almost the same thing happen to me years ago except I was the one in the accident. It was only a couple of weeks before our wedding and this was before cell phones were real popular.

I actually had a car phone (if anyone remembers those) and managed to call my work and let them know I would be late. I was just a couple of miles away from my work and figured I would just call home when I got there.

When the ambulance came, they asked if I felt ok. I said my neck was a little stiff and the next thing I knew, they strapped a neck brace on me, threw me on a strecher and were taking me to the hospital (30 miles away) in an ambulance.

At some point in time my fiance (now wife) had called my work phone and one of my co-workers answered but he didn't know what was going on. Then the freak-out began. Since we weren't married yet the hospital wouldn't tell her anything and it finally took my mom calling them to find out where I was and what had happened.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone finally managed to convince her to take tomorrow off work, that's made me feel better

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad she is ok, Tom. That is the most important thing. If your car is totaled, maybe King will sell you his nubby hoopty.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

targeted radiation therapy. Looks promising.

http://energyenvironment.pnnl.gov/hi...ght.asp?id=518

If your curious about Beta particles, see below. Positron is the anti-particle of a electron. Use to do experiments using positrons as the projectile in atomic collisions. Intensity of the positron beam was always a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_particle

My Mood
    Twisted

Hmm very interesting. But its still in the research phase sounds like. I will pass it on. Thanks Killbourne.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Hmm very interesting. But its still in the research phase sounds like. I will pass it on. Thanks Killbourne.
    Anything to help out.

Country
    Country Flag

Another option to consider. I did some research here, nice people. I figure that the more options you know about, the better.

https://www.gsi.de/en/start/forschun...egen_krebs.htm

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Another option to consider. I did some research here, nice people. I figure that the more options you know about, the better.

She's pretty excited about that first one you sent. She's contacting the Uni of Washington to see if she can be a test subject. I passed on this one, too. Very much appreciated!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

She's pretty excited about that first one you sent. She's contacting the Uni of Washington to see if she can be a test subject. I passed on this one, too. Very much appreciated!
    Your very much welcome!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very very glad to hear she's ok, Tito
    Ditto!!!!
    Christine

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very eloquently stated, Grant.

My friends from The Corner - with this picturesque... well... picture I will leave you for a couple of weeks (although I'm sure I'll check in every now and then when my phone finds some free WiFi).

When we get back I'll post some pics of Tuscany of my own.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Be safe and hope you have a wonderful time, Michaël.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn that's beautiful Michaël hope you enjoy your holiday!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Got a phone call on my way home from work saying my fiancée had been in a car accident. Next 30 mins were hell trying to find more details and thankfully apart from a few cuts and bruises the hospital says she's ok. The car's a bit of a mess but at the moment I couldn't give a shit about that, i'm just so thankful that's she's ok, couldn't do without her!
    So very glad that she is OK Tito.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 972 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 461 861 ... LastLast