Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 667 of 971 FirstFirst ... 167 567 617 657 665 666 667 668 669 677 717 767 ... LastLast
Results 16,651 to 16,675 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That is an amazing story, and thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, and look so well.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The smile on your face belies the scar on your chest. Congrats on the quick recovery! Keep doing well.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to personally thank all the well wishers here! I may not post as much anymore but often lurk about reading thread after thread. So many online friends that I am closer to than some friends that I can literally reach out and touch!

I am well and getting better and better every day. You know I wear a fitbit and I have been averaging over 5K steps a day since coming home from the hospital. Life only gets better!

Bob
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to personally thank all the well wishers here! I may not post as much anymore but often lurk about reading thread after thread. So many online friends that I am closer to than some friends that I can literally reach out and touch!

I am well and getting better and better every day. You know I wear a fitbit and I have been averaging over 5K steps a day since coming home from the hospital. Life only gets better!

Bob
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow thanks for sharing. Wishing you all best from up North!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A little Halloween fun from The Shining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaXo9QdhwY
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Well, well, well,

This is pretty long and if you don't want to read it skip to the pic at the end. Then you still might want to go back and read it anyways!

I have been mostly absent from this board since the May timeframe with a few sporadic comments. A couple members here do know more of the story though private messaging but I thought it now time to tell part of this story and how it has affected me.

Last May I lost my job for a second time. No big deal I was ready to roll with the punches and get back at it. Then on May 24th I suffered a TIA, commonly known as a Mini-Stroke. I was having a routine test at a local hospital trying to determine the cause of my Hypoxia (low oxygen percentage in the blood) when that test caused an air embolism to pass through my heart and to my brain. There was no permanent damage but that triggered the Drs. to search more vigorously for the cause which by then they assumed was some sort of hole in my heart. A heart MRI did not show any hole, so I was sent to a Pediatric Cardiologist of all things. This guy was great. He performed a Trans Cranial Doppler - think of it as an ultrasound of the veins in my brain. His result was that there appeared to be a significantly large PFO and that he could fix it. A PFO is the hole in your heart in the wall that separates the left and right chambers. Everyone has this hole at birth but it is supposed to close up while you are still an infant.

Anyways this Dr. was set to perform this state of the art procedure. He is the only Dr. in the US that has done this, They usually insert a catheter in your femoral artery near the groin and work it up to the heart and through the hole. Then they blow up a sort of umbrella and pull it back. then they place a similar one on the other side of the hole and pull them together to close the hole. Under this new procedure he was actually going to pull the hole closed and stitch it shut. This is a new technique perfected by European doctors. In fact the first time he did this new procedure was the day before my scheduled procedure. He did six of them with European Drs. present. These six went perfectly. Well on my day (9/13/17) it didn't go so well. I had a twilight anesthetic so that I was fully awake and aware but feeling no pain or discomfort. I watched the monitor and could see the catheter probe inside my heart. BUT there was no PFO Hole. Dr. was perplexed so he placed a call to have an MRI expert reviewer take a second look at that MRI that did not show the hole. Well this guy found a congenital defect instead. My Dr. then used the catheter to probe and investigate and he confirmed the defect but could not fix it - he told me it would take Open Heart Surgery.

So everything necessary was set in motion to meet a surgeon, complete lots of pre-op stuff to include a second heart cath to make sure I also did not need by pass surgery. Surgeon said if I needed by pass he would do both at one time - so as to open the chest only once. Fortunately I did not need by pass surgery.

On 9/27/17 I had my open heart surgery I was scared to death of never waking up but kept that to myself as I knew that if My Wife knew I was like this she was going to have a hard time keeping it together. Well I had an Anomalous Pulmonary Defect corrected as well as an Anomalous Venous Return corrected. What these two congenital defects caused was to force much of my blue blood (blood needing to be re-oxygenated in the lungs) back through the body circulation path doing me no good and thus causing the low oxygen content in my blood stream. It is all fixed now and my oxygen level is up where it belongs. My low content has been my norm my whole life (including 13 years in the Marine Corps) and was told with it back to the real norm of 97+% I should probably start to really feel a lot better, and have more energy than I ever have had. This is exciting.

I have a new lease on life, I was given a new lease on life. The defects I have had unknown since birth, could have (and eventually would have) caused a major heart attack or stroke at any moment with no advanced warning. Surgeon said that my survival chances would have been slim. I also have a new perspective on life. The lost job no longer matters; I will never go back to that high stress IT Project Manager position again. I don't need it any more. I am 64 years old and will retire and focus on family. I have 4 grand children who I adore to the ends of the earth and hopefully there will be more. I need to be around to see them grow up. My 31 year old daughter saw me cry like a baby - none of my children have ever seen me cry as it's just the way I am. She was visiting me in the hospital when her husband text messaged me a video of my 2yr and 1yr old grandbabies both saying "hi BaBob, get better we love you" and I just lost it. Everything in my life came crashing down and I was uncontrollable. All I could think of was what If I never got to see them again!

I figure I can also put a big dent in my reading pile of books and maybe I can get back to writing. I have loads of new material now from this experience and in the open heart surgery details.. Things like the heart lung machine, the breathing tube (horror), the wires extruding out of my abdomen and attached to a pacemaker (they are gone now), the drainage tubes (gross as all hell when they pulled them out, a heart lying listless and at 34 degrees while people I barely know made life lengthening changes to it.

I am on the recovery and they tell me I am doing very well. I am home and taking care of almost all of my needs. My wife is trying to baby me too much and I have to humor her. I am up and walking; I am back to about 5,000 steps a day and that ain't bad! I am actually quite amazed that 9 days ago I lie on an operating table only alive by this heart lung machine and then there was this woman, a physicians assistant who got up on a stool as she was short and bent over and reaching into my chest cavity and wiring me shut tight as a drum so that my sternum has the chance to grow back together. She told me all of this and of a sternum very thick and hard to saw in half! She loves her job! I was set up for Home Health Care but that has already been canceled after one visit. They say I don't need them I am recovering so well.

So here I am feeling pretty dam good and glad to be alive!

Wow, Bob! I'm really glad you're okay! Hope you keep on getting better!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I JUST got home. And I did this guys. I have to say it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! What a rush. It was not cheap and yes I would do it again. If you like horror... you need to do this once. Not only was the Shining my fav.. but SAW was just as good. They had the Purge taking place all down one side of the parks and it was so realistic! It was so fun and creepy and just so over the top well done. The make up, the actors and the sets were the best I have ever seen. Sometimes it was like being in the movies themselves. I find it so amazing that they built these sets for the month of October. Any horror lover needs to go here~!~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I JUST got home. And I did this guys. I have to say it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! What a rush. It was not cheap and yes I would do it again. If you like horror... you need to do this once. Not only was the Shining my fav.. but SAW was just as good. They had the Purge taking place all down one side of the parks and it was so realistic! It was so fun and creepy and just so over the top well done. The make up, the actors and the sets were the best I have ever seen. Sometimes it was like being in the movies themselves. I find it so amazing that they built these sets for the month of October. Any horror lover needs to go here~!~
    That looks cool. People always seem to want to rush through haunted houses. I always like to take my time. Try all the doors. Sit on the furniture. Chill out and listen to the music being played or watch the video loops on the TVs. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into some part of the haunted house that I technically wasn't supposed to be in.

Many times I'll go with a group and I'll be in the lead when we go in, but somehow end up in the back by the time we are at the end.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

I am SO HAPPY that the procedure went so well and you are recovering quickly....I was one of those nervous for you....sending you positive mojo whenever I thought of you. I could not be more pleased that you are WELL!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i've just learned about the californians wildfire, wow. Hope that everyone here is safe
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m planning a family skiing trip to Denver this spring. Even though we will. E a couple hours from Estes Park, I’m still planning on going to the Overlook Hotel. I’ll definitely get a tour of the hotel, but should we stay overnight? For those who have stayed there, is it worth it?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed staying the night there. Of course I was in THE room.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I enjoyed staying the night there. Of course I was in THE room.
    Is there a surcharge for Room 217? I would assume an early reservation is needed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There might be a surcharge, and yes it is highly requested. When I went (for a King event in Boulder), there had been huge storm/rain damage to the main highway that leads to Estes Park. We had to take a back road entry to the park that took twice as long to get there.The Hotel was essentially empty, so they gave me the room for the standard rate.

Country
    Country Flag

My favourite place on earth. Look it up guys... Cape Breton Highlands. I come every year but never in fall... the colours would blow you away. Pics don't do justice. Come sometime guys! I'll show you around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks fantastic.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys, about a year ago I posted my first random comment post where expressed my strong disagreement that Idres Elba, a Black actor was chosen to play Roland. I made an excellent argument that the movie would fail because a Black actor was chosen. I think that we can all agree that the movie was a non-event. I didn’t watch it myself, I boycotted. It seems the movie had other problems. One being that the man in Black is all of a sudden a main character and from the preview it seems like they were fighting each other like in a super hero movie in the MCU. The best way to make a King movie is to be faithful to the source material. King says this himself in the bonus material to the Stand By Me Blu ray. I experience great schadenfreude upon reading that Elba will not make future Dark Tower films and that if the TV gets made it will be a “reimagining”. My response, of course, is that it should not have been reimagined so much that Elba was chosen in the first place. It should not be reimagined at all. The best King movies are those that are true to the source material. I hope that this hurts Elba’s career for having the audacity to accept the role. He is obviously not a Dark Tower fan.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but that is just weird...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t think it failed because of Idris Elba. It failed because it seemed to have veered too far from the source and had too many people making decisions.

I didn’t see it either because it looked boring.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you, but choosing Idris Elba and veering “too far from the source” is like the same thing. Is it not?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think casting a black actor as Roland is veering "too far from the source". Apart from some very minor interactions between Roland and Odetta, race was hardly a central thematic preoccupation of The Dark Tower. McConaughey is, however, a few inches too short to be The Man in Black as King properly envisioned, and that I do NOT abide.

EDIT: I thought the movie was shite for many reasons, including for its many deviations from the source material, but Elba was not a significant deviation at all, for me.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wishing someone harm because of their career choices is just wrong.

Smacks of Misery level fanboyism in my eyes!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Hi guys, about a year ago I posted my first random comment post where expressed my strong disagreement that Idres Elba, a Black actor was chosen to play Roland. I made an excellent argument that the movie would fail because a Black actor was chosen. I think that we can all agree that the movie was a non-event. I didn’t watch it myself, I boycotted. It seems the movie had other problems. One being that the man in Black is all of a sudden a main character and from the preview it seems like they were fighting each other like in a super hero movie in the MCU. The best way to make a King movie is to be faithful to the source material. King says this himself in the bonus material to the Stand By Me Blu ray. I experience great schadenfreude upon reading that Elba will not make future Dark Tower films and that if the TV gets made it will be a “reimagining”. My response, of course, is that it should not have been reimagined so much that Elba was chosen in the first place. It should not be reimagined at all. The best King movies are those that are true to the source material. I hope that this hurts Elba’s career for having the audacity to accept the role. He is obviously not a Dark Tower fan.
    I give you Morgan Freeman as Red in the Shawshank movie. A red haired white Irish man in the book.
    The DT movie failed because it was shit - not because of Idris Elba.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Movie was absolute shit for many reasons...i dont think the casting of Elba was one of those reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 667 of 971 FirstFirst ... 167 567 617 657 665 666 667 668 669 677 717 767 ... LastLast