Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 790 of 971 FirstFirst ... 290 690 740 780 788 789 790 791 792 800 840 890 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Words I am growing increasingly weary of hearing:

1. Whistleblower.

That's all I can think of right now
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

D.J. Lemahiue doubles with the bases loaded to drive in 3 runs.....
    I didn't know Lemahieu had been traded to the Yankees; he was our second baseman here with the Triple A Sky Sox some years back before being called up to the Rockies. Great player, really nice guy; I've sat and had lunch with him, have his auto on a few things as well. You guys are lucky to have him.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will the Braves break my heart today?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome and Bill, so sort to hear of your health problems, hoping you are both doing better. Been fighting the health consequences of my bad decisions as well.
    Gettin’ old ain’t for the weak of spirit.

Karl

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I didn't know Lemahieu had been traded to the Yankees; he was our second baseman here with the Triple A Sky Sox some years back before being called up to the Rockies. Great player, really nice guy; I've sat and had lunch with him, have his auto on a few things as well. You guys are lucky to have him.
    He wasn’t traded. He was a free agent pickup. Good move by the Yankees

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Badly I’m guessing. What a collapse they had

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Badly I’m guessing. What a collapse they had
    A 10 run 1st will do that to ya Hoping the Nats can pull their game out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah it was, he's phenomenal; we had him, Nolan Arenado and Charlie Blackmon as our Sky Sox infield before they all went up; that was a great team. But, of course, that's what AAA ball is for.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Fucking-A!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Except for major publishing houses, I notice a lot of typos in the books I've been reading, some of them quite glaringly obvious. I wonder if this is due to using computers for spell checking, not having enough funds to hire proof readers, or a combination of both. I'm reading Gauntlet's THE BEARDLESS WARRIORS now, and I've noticed a typo (a square box in the middle of a line), I've never seen before.
    Say there Steve, what sort of typos?
    Arghh! At least two on every page! Words left out, sentences that make no sense! Form instead of from. Wonder instead of wander. Be beginning instead of just beginning. If I was one of the authors I'd be upset. As a reader, I'm a bit upset myself.
    Yeah, I imagine so, it might even lead to schizophrenia!
    Huh? What the heck is that!?!
    Oh, never mind...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Except for major publishing houses, I notice a lot of typos in the books I've been reading, some of them quite glaringly obvious. I wonder if this is due to using computers for spell checking, not having enough funds to hire proof readers, or a combination of both. I'm reading Gauntlet's THE BEARDLESS WARRIORS now, and I've noticed a typo (a square box in the middle of a line), I've never seen before.
    Say there Steve, what sort of typos?
    Arghh! At least two on every page! Words left out, sentences that make no sense! Form instead of from. Wonder instead of wander. Be beginning instead of just beginning. If I was one of the authors I'd be upset. As a reader, I'm a bit upset myself.
    Yeah, I imagine so, it might even lead to schizophrenia!
    Huh? What the heck is that!?!
    Oh, never mind...
    The worst was Lost Angels by David J. Schow. Same things you mentioned + some guys name changed three times in two pages. It was the same character.

It was so unreadable, it's like they were actually trying to cram as many mistakes as possible in.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this reminds me of a very funny blurb for Eric Idle's book Always Look on the Bright Side of Life:

"This tell-all from my comedy hero Eric Idle is brilliant, hilarious, touching, and enlightening: is filled with swashbuckling adventure, edge-of-your-seat suspense, and heart-pounding romance; and contains several typos and one inaccurate fact about the Spanish-American war. I expected more out of Mr. Idle's proofreading skills, quite frankly."

I think Idle wrote it himself. Really made me laugh when I read it.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

That box sounds like a character encoding issue.. if they use a character with a font that doesn't have that character, basically. Can you tell if the box was supposed to be a character with an accent mark?

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    That box sounds like a character encoding issue.. if they use a character with a font that doesn't have that character, basically. Can you tell if the box was supposed to be a character with an accent mark?
    It only occurred three or four times. The first time was like this:

"When were you drafted?"■ "June."

The filled in box should be lines around a clear area. There should be about six blank spaces before "June". I don't know ascii for a clear box.

I haven't read THE BEARDLESS WARRIORS for many years. I read it in two days. It holds up remarkably well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In New Orleans with my family. I’m sure you have seen it on the news but our hotel is across the street. It was so loud and incredibly frightening. We were not allowed in our hotel for a day and couldn’t get money, clothes or our passports. When they cleared the hotel we could go in. It was crazy to say the least and now they are using drones to find survivors (or bodies). We walked under this a dozen times AND just 30-35 mins before it came down. Google the video... it’s insane. I feel very lucky and thankful. It’s our thanksgiving (Canada) and it really made me think just how good it is to be alive. Stay well all... Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you and yours are ok, Kris. Was that an another crane incident?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you and yours are ok, Kris. Was that an another crane incident?
    New construction building collapse.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Wow, I rarely watch the (completely biased) news, so I did not know about this! I'm glad you are all safe and sound!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your interrupted vacation, Kris. But happy none of your family was hurt!
    That collapse is a scary situation...if any of you have seen the video, you'll know how close.its was to crushing a street car and vehicle. Really amazing that more people were not hurt.

The building site has been in the news for years with shady financiers, embezzlement of public funds, etc. Lots of locals immediately noticed that most of the construction workers were wearing shirts from a temp labor firm and are assuming lots of building norms were overlooked to cut costs.
    This story will be in the local news for a long time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bill, how about an update on last night's game.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a damn good game. You have to wonder though how much money CC Sabathia and his beer gut made for those four pitches. He reminds me of Forest Whitaker playing baseball with melons in Good Morning Vietnam.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That was a damn good game. You have to wonder though how much money CC Sabathia and his beer gut made for those four pitches. He reminds me of Forest Whitaker playing baseball with melons in Good Morning Vietnam.
    Why sure, Jerome!!! Don't know how I missed posting the results , but it was a little late for us old timers!!! lol George is absolutely correct. It was a helluva game and in a way we beat, Verlander by going into extra's. LOL George, but I think that may have been one of the few mistakes made in the game by Boone. C.C. probably could have ate a few more outs rather than going back to the pen.

Nevertheless, we won just by taking back home field from the 'Stro's. So, while I would have preferred to go back to the Bronx up 2-0, we did the job we needed to in Houston. Now, we have to take at least 2 in the Bronx if not 3 and move onto another WS!!!!! Seven more wins to a championship!!!!!

Spoiler:
    George, I can appreciate your joke concerning, C.C.. I don't know what he secret is (BTW, it's Capt. Crunch not beer lol) looking as he does, but he's got a shitload of heart and experience and he know's how to pitch. You know, Verlander is on some form of juice. You just do not get better as you get older in MLB!!! Not velocity wise anyway. He's got some form of bionics going on they just haven't tested for yet!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill is a little busy, so I thought I'd help him with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958
    First off, thanks to el Jefe for helping me out. Ever since he took over Dt.net, things have been great.
    As I said previously "in a way we beat, Verlander by going into extra's", and "Nevertheless, we won just by taking back home field from the 'Stro's. So, while I would have preferred to go back to the Bronx up 2-0, we did the job we needed to in Houston. Now, we have to take at least 2 in the Bronx if not 3 "

In light of today's results I say, we knew who we thought they were, we let them off the hook:

Country
    Country Flag

They can either get beat by the Astros or Nats. Pick your poison, WB

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Laptop has been in the shop the last few days.. We're up 1-0 in the second and, Greinke looks baffled again. He fucking walked in the first run. 42 pitches in 2nd inning does not bode well for him, but we shall see what happens. Lotta game left. Fucking Savages in the Box!!!! lol lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 790 of 971 FirstFirst ... 290 690 740 780 788 789 790 791 792 800 840 890 ... LastLast