Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 971 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,525 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe mine changed on Monday of this week.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone post a screen shot showing the change?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm missing the connection on how that makes one a World Champion.
    It means that MLB has the best players from around the world.

I would bet that if you took a team of the best MLB players and put them up against the best players you could find that don't play in the MLB, the MLB players would win a 7 games series more often than not.
    That would be interesting concept and series to watch. But, like you state, MLB already arguably has the best players worldwide. So in that aspect, I can concede to your point. Without an international league of the best players, which is logistically impossible, it as close as one can come to being a world champ. And MLB provides a huge opportunity to great foreign players whom otherwise probably wouldn't get that in their own country. Good talk! We should do this again sometime. Except over large amounts of beer and really great bar food!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The "world champion" thing is like calling American football (NFL) "football" - it makes no sense, but we're used to it. I like the sound of "super bowl champion," "NBA champion," "Stanley cup champion" better.
    I do as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Why is it that each time I've completely gotten the knack of one facet of technology, an update is made which leaves me compltetly at loss?
    I have it from both sides. As an IT consultant and a gadget freak, I get requests for help from my kids AND my parents!

... and their friends
    I feel your pain. Once my mother asked me if website colors fade over time and I had no idea how to answer. Technically the monitor could degrade over time making it seem like colors are fading, but I know she didn’t mean it that way. I had to laugh and explain that it’s not possible for RGB values to fade because they’re all just numbers. Of course that went right over her head (which of course I knew it would, but the geek in me couldn’t resist) so I just updated her site with a brighter color scheme.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Good talk! We should do this again sometime. Except over large amounts of beer and really great bar food!

Noticing your location, I think my family and I drove through Wichita last year when we were on vacation. We stayed a few days in OKC and then drove up to see the Wizard of Oz museum in Wamego.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Can someone post a screen shot showing the change?
    I haven't seen a change either - but then again we are pretty close to each other...relatively speaking
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a view of it by searching the internet. Looks less than impressive.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

At work our building is split into 3 wings. Each wing has 4 or 5 floors. Each floor of each wing has 1 bathroom for each sex. The bathrooms are situated in the middle of each wing, and all stairs/elevators are on the end. Each mens bathroom has 2 stalls. On average when I need to go #2 I need to search 3 or more bathrooms for an open stall (or one that isn't being cleaned). This is quite frustrating when you really have to go, because it is a "long" walk between bathrooms.

Apparently someone at work has had enough of this. I don't normally take pictures when on the toilet, but thought you would find this amusing.

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I got a view of it by searching the internet. Looks less than impressive.
    I got an update about a month or two ago, I wonder if that is what you are seeing or if it is yet another one.

It sucks really bad. I like to watch my DVR shows oldest first (regardless of series), and to determine that info, takes me a couple of minutes.

Also, it tends to freeze a lot when in the DVR menu, sometimes I have to power cycle to get out of it.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this one:

And this one:

and this one:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The 1st and 3rd videos channel guide looks like what I have now after the update.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's the system I have had for a month or two. What they don't mention is how sluggish it is. Most of my issues with it aren't even mentioned on these video's since the way I watch is different then they do.

I recently upgraded to the 4K receiver, but it was a waste of time since you have to subscribe to a higher package to get a few channels that will have a few documentary type of shows, or an occasional sports broadcast, and I think it would be an extra $15/mo. So now the only 4K content is from on-demand, and I never pay for on-demand. This receiver is very slow, and now has two components to it. I often have to wait 30 seconds or so when turning the tv on for it to sync with the server. Also, channel changing often takes several seconds.

Strongly considering moving to TW/Spectrum. If I do that my internet cost will go down too.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    At work our building is split into 3 wings. Each wing has 4 or 5 floors. Each floor of each wing has 1 bathroom for each sex. The bathrooms are situated in the middle of each wing, and all stairs/elevators are on the end. Each mens bathroom has 2 stalls. On average when I need to go #2 I need to search 3 or more bathrooms for an open stall (or one that isn't being cleaned). This is quite frustrating when you really have to go, because it is a "long" walk between bathrooms.

Apparently someone at work has had enough of this. I don't normally take pictures when on the toilet, but thought you would find this amusing.

We had the same issue when I worked Down town. 5 story building, 1 men's and 1 women's restroom on each floor plus one unisex handicapped bathroom. the men's only had 2 stalls in some but most had 3. I used to have to go down to the lobby bathroom just to find a place. (Maybe it's an Austin thing)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    (Maybe it's an Austin thing)
    It's just a money thing. The single plumbing stack is cheaper than multiple plumbing stacks with additional bathrooms. As long as that meets the building code that's what the builder will do.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I hear yanny.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Laural

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the Directv debacle, let me first say that I have been a DTV customer for almost 30 years. I signed on when you had to purchase your own equipment from a 3rd party provider (P.C. Richards & Son, N.Y.) and all they really offered at the time was the NFL package. Being an owner of a telecom company, from the git-go I was amazed at the customer service they offered. They really appreciated their customers and got better at it year after year. At one point, I was issued a "Platnum/Premium" customer service card which had a personalized "800" number. When I called with a problem they answered "Well, hello Mr. Bender what can I do for you today"? I mean they were the best, hands down. I have always had their premium package and when ever there was an issue they were quick to resolve it and always offered credits. I felt appreciated.

Since, AT&T bought them (3 or 4 years ago?) their CS immediately began to slide deeper and deeper into the lands of futility. Let me point out that I have also been an AT&T customer for over 30 years and my firm was also an authorized reseller for their long distance and the AT&T/Lucent line of business communications systems. When the purchase occurred I was optimistic that some of that fine DTV CS would rub off on AT&T. lol Obviously, I was dead wrong.

Anyway, I contacted them for the third time regarding this new "skin" rollout that occurred in my area (AZ) approx. 10 days ago with no warning or notice of any kind. My issues have ranged from the "Guide" info being out of sync with the actual programming, to not being able to access my "Playlist". Of course, the poor bastard that I got on the phone apologized profusely and told me that they are rolling it back to the previous skin by 5/31 and to be patient with them during the process!!! lol I asked her to inquire with her superiors would they be patient with me if I decided to withhold partial payment until they worked things out on their end? Of course, now way. I then petitioned for credits which are "being taken under consideration" and they will get back to me!!lol

While, if you talk to 20 people at either AT&T or DTV you will undoubtedly receive 20 different and distinctive stories, they are supposedly going back to the old skin by 5/31 and we just have to deal with it until then. It saddens me to see what AT&T has done to such an amazing customer service department. While, IMO DTV still offers the best content and tech, God help you should you need service. It seems that too many large service companies are following suit. They just let some poor asshole have to sit and listen to people like you and I rail on about the lack of service or some ill advised upgrade and then go merrily back to taking our money on a monthly basis dealing with issues in THEIR own good time!!!

Anyway, rant completed. If anyone hears anything else, news wise I for one would appreciate it if you shared. Oh, but for the good old days when my business actually counted to someone!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I quit DirecTV and cable a looooooong time ago and never missed it for one single second. I figured I was paying to get 'pure' TV, whatever that is, and when HBO, etc. begin talking during movie credits, putting their logos in the corners of the screen and doing those damn pop-ups, I wrote them a couple of complaining, but very polite letters (no internet back then). They sent me a reply and said most people didn't mind those practices and others wanted to know what was coming up on the next program. I said, thank you very much and cancelled cable. Am I too picky? Possibly, but like I said, I don't miss cable even a tiny bit.
    Wait, I did miss not seeing the last season of The Larry Sanders Show, but I have since purchased the DVDs so I made up for that.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did get a notice some time ago from them that this was going happen. I hadn't heard they are going back - that's great.

AT&T are totally incompetent. When I switched to Direct about a year and half ago, I cancelled Dish. They then sent me a "final" bill for a month after it was cut off. I refused to pay. They sent it to a collection agency. After many phone calls and IM chats and not being able to find any e-mail addresses to send complaints to someone at AT&T I simply gathered up my evidence, sent it to their lawyers in Atlanta and told them take care of it or a judge would. The Manager, Office Of The President of ATT couldn't take care of it fast enough for me. I wonder how many people simply pay a final bill from those pond scum and never check it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Good talk! We should do this again sometime. Except over large amounts of beer and really great bar food!

Noticing your location, I think my family and I drove through Wichita last year when we were on vacation. We stayed a few days in OKC and then drove up to see the Wizard of Oz museum in Wamego.
    Nice! If you're ever in the area again, shoot me a message.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I hear yanny.
    I've seen Steve & Bev's tweets, but what does that relate to?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I hear yanny.
    Laurel or Yanny? What We Heard From the Experts

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hear yanny.
    I hear Yanni, too:

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I hear yanny.
    I hear Yanni, too:

Didn’t follow this too much but just read up on it. Have you seen this player that lets you adjust the speed (or something about the audio file) so you van hear both? On the far right end I hear “Gary” as if spoken by a toddler.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-debate.html
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How does the the human brain ignore the second "the"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 971 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 ... LastLast