Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 796 of 971 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 ... LastLast
Results 19,876 to 19,900 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Almost as much as I hate that fucking air head, Joe Buck!!! I swear its almost a relief not to have to listen to his inane, useless chatter anymore. I had to turn the sound off in the 4th inning!!! lol
    Yes; he's incredibly dumb, just useless commentary, incredibly bad, amazing and inexcusable that he has the job.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

View from my upstairs window. The leaves haven't even fallen off the maple tree yet, which is very unusual. I don't think it's ever snowed here before that happened.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not been happy with the snow at all. Walking with a cane has been challenging enough. Now having to navigate ice makes things really difficult.

On the plus side, my wife is now in charge of shoveling the driveway!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Toronto is pretty and white at the moment. Snowed all day yesterday and overnight into this morning. Not a crazy amount, but the white blanket has certainly arrived.

I wonder if it will stick around, or if the weather will yo-yo a bunch between now and Christmas.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, don't think this needs spoilers. Just started the Institute, and am wondering what a night knocker is? Is this a SK made up job? Searches on the interweb all come up with other readers of the institute wondering the same thing.

I'm guessing I will figure it out from context later on, but still seems like a weird term to use.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

King uses a lot of terms and abbreviations I have never heard anyone use in real life. I have never heard anyone call a cafeteria a caff or an ambulance an ambo or a problem a prob (well, maybe I've heard 'no prob' a few times). I don't know where he gets these things. I just mentally read the entire word over these when I come to them. It irritates me, but I've learned to live with it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, don't think this needs spoilers. Just started the Institute, and am wondering what a night knocker is? Is this a SK made up job? Searches on the interweb all come up with other readers of the institute wondering the same thing.

I'm guessing I will figure it out from context later on, but still seems like a weird term to use.
    It's explained in the book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

It's a security guard. A nighttime security guard who goes around checking businesses (mostly.) A night watchman.

I know this because I was one once upon a time.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

But I want to wash my feet in the sink, darnit! So unfair.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Their sink, their rules.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    But I want to wash my feet in the sink, darnit! So unfair.

There is a gas station bathroom in Cocoa Beach that has the same sign. That might even be the same bathroom. They don't want people coming in there from the beach and washing the sand off their feet.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Paul's employee/s put that up in the office restroom
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What's a reliable free image hosting website? Imgur doesn't have a mobile page anymore, only the app and I don't think my phone could handle another one.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The last time it snowed here was 1976.
    I REMEMBER THAT!

Congrats to your son and his wife! Have you recovered from hosting that big event?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The last time it snowed here was 1976.
    All the forest fires melted the snow.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just turned November 15 here...Happy 19th birthday to my daughter!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, hoping she has a great Birthday.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Just turned November 15 here...Happy 19th birthday to my daughter!
    Happy Birthday to her!

I think I'll start putting up my 2020 Easter decorations today.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    So true, but you forgot Valentine's!!!! You're LATE!!!!! Better get busy!!!!

Side note: In my family, and I bet in a lot of East coast families, Xmas doesn't get underway until AFTER, Santa makes his appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Side note: In my family, and I bet in a lot of East coast families, Xmas doesn't get underway until AFTER, Santa makes his appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!!!
    Christmas getting started after the major holiday preceding it seems pretty normal to me no matter where you live.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It used to be this way for probably pretty much all Americans. Even Black Friday Sales happen weeks in advance now. Lost traditions.

Country
    Country Flag

Steve is blowing by Valentine's Day like it's Thanksgiving.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

It used to be this way for probably pretty much all Americans. Even Black Friday Sales happen weeks in advance now. Lost traditions.
    I think that's because people have realized that BF deals aren't always the best deals. I've found things on sale in January/February cheaper than on Black Friday.

Even BF itself isn't the same anymore. I remember going out back in the late 90's early 2000's when it seemed like it was at it's peak. This was back when stores didn't open their doors until 5 or 6 AM. It was a madhouse at some places.

Now with stores staying open 24/7 and more importantly the fact that online shopping exists, there's hardly anyone in the stores on BF anymore. Sure there's always a few die-hards every year that camp out in tents and stuff but nothing like it used to be.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I think that's because people have realized that BF deals aren't always the best deals. I've found things on sale in January/February cheaper than on Black Friday.

Even BF itself isn't the same anymore. I remember going out back in the late 90's early 2000's when it seemed like it was at it's peak. This was back when stores didn't open their doors until 5 or 6 AM. It was a madhouse at some places.

Now with stores staying open 24/7 and more importantly the fact that online shopping exists, there's hardly anyone in the stores on BF anymore. Sure there's always a few die-hards every year that camp out in tents and stuff but nothing like it used to be.
    I hear ya. In my family, as a kid and as a, Dad, on BF the women went shopping and the men began putting up the Xmas decorations outside. lol Turkey sandwich's for lunch. lol

You're right, Brian we are losing traditions or at least experiencing big changes. It seems sad that business is leading that force for change. Then again, maybe they always did. Wow, that was deep!!! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 796 of 971 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 ... LastLast