+ Reply to Thread
Page 720 of 731 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 ... LastLast
Results 17,976 to 18,000 of 18256

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very glad you are getting such great responses on your project.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I wrote a LinkedIn article on how CLEAR SKIES came to be, and the tremendous results we've had so far (17K+ likes, 29K+ views, 13K+ positive comments, 800+ new subscribers ... all in the first 20 days!).

If interested, give it a read at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/web-s...eorge-h-white/

George

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both. Surgery seems to have went well. I feel like a steaming pile but not as bad (to this point) as the first surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If all goes well, after the pain and cost, I hope you will feel and look better.

As we get older, pain finds us, no matter how hard we try to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Tomorrow I'm off for some oral surgery. Shattered front top teeth from 34-35 years ago are now costing me $10K (plus whatever the initial cost was when I was a child). Insanity.

Two surgeries (maybe a third), bone grafting, more grafting, implants, temp. dentures, then crowns. Ughh.

I guess this isn't so random. Maybe belongs in the displeased and bothered thread.

Covfefe.
    The cost is insane. Good luck with the proceeds!

Floating Georgie Denbrough will become famous soon enough Georgie Denbrough will become famous soon enough Georgie Denbrough's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope you have an easy and quick recovery, Tim! Use it as an excuse to eat all the ice cream you want.
    "You'll float, too!"

Citizen of Gilead RainInSpain is just really nice RainInSpain is just really nice RainInSpain is just really nice RainInSpain is just really nice RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both. Surgery seems to have went well. I feel like a steaming pile but not as bad (to this point) as the first surgery.
    Speedy recovery to you!

I had a similar surgery done a few years back on my back teeth on one side - bone grafting, etc., and gum restauration as well, so that my teeth would not end up in my cheek.

Unfortunately, for me recovery was rather painful, especially the place where they took the gum graft from (on the roof of the mouth - the pain of it being cut out woke me from medically induced sleep during the surgery, and it was the slowest to heal too).
    One thing I came to realize during the healing process was that even when you think you've healed enough to eat your favorite foods (if they are spicy or salty).....wait some more

Now, 6 years later, I can say I am happy with the results, and I wish your entire procedure will be a success too.
    Iron Maiden be my witness

"...We'll go dancing in the dark
    Walking through the park
    And reminiscing..."

Maerlyn's Imp ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai is a splendid one to behold ladysai's Avatar

Sending loads of goodmind for a speedy recovery!
    "One word
    frees us of all the weight and pain of life:
    That word is love." ~Sophocles

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is just really nice Lurker is just really nice Lurker is just really nice Lurker is just really nice Lurker is just really nice Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Be careful that she doesn't start slowing replacing them with BOMCs

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A fun list of books. The interesting thing is they modified the rules to exclude the bulk of SK as he received around 15% of the nominations for the list.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/63277...horror-stories

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com. Early May a package arrived there that I wasnít expecting. I must have sent it there by mistake when ordering. I donít remember which book or where I ordered it. (Iím not the sharpest tool in the shed.) To save money I forwarded it via USPS economy airmail.

It still hasnít arrived. Iím not worried or mad or anything, just curious why the process takes so much longer compared to priority. Does it get thrown in a corner? Is it handled by a different staff? It seems odd that paying extra makes things go so much faster.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com. Early May a package arrived there that I wasnít expecting. I must have sent it there by mistake when ordering. I donít remember which book or where I ordered it. (Iím not the sharpest tool in the shed.) To save money I forwarded it via USPS economy airmail.

It still hasnít arrived. Iím not worried or mad or anything, just curious why the process takes so much longer compared to priority. Does it get thrown in a corner? Is it handled by a different staff? It seems odd that paying extra makes things go so much faster.

With economy, they just drop kick your package and hope it lands in the right pile. If not repeat over and over until it's finally right. THEN once it's there they throw it on a plane (might be going to the right place who knows) and as they pass over the country they just drop it out the plane and hope it makes it's way to your post for delivery.

All kidding but I wouldn't trust anything USPS for economy. I tried sending a graduation card to my buddy in May he didn't get it for 4 weeks and it was travelling all of 4 hours east...

Gunslinger Apprentice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

With economy, they just drop kick your package and hope it lands in the right pile. If not repeat over and over until it's finally right. THEN once it's there they throw it on a plane (might be going to the right place who knows) and as they pass over the country they just drop it out the plane and hope it makes it's way to your post for delivery.

All kidding but I wouldn't trust anything USPS for economy. I tried sending a graduation card to my buddy in May he didn't get it for 4 weeks and it was travelling all of 4 hours east...
    I am always pleasantly surprised with USPS shipping within the US. I have never had any more problems with damage to Media Mail packages than I have with priority or with other shippers (in fact, UPS is my least favorite and I much prefer USPS over them), and it rarely takes longer than 4-5 days to receive a package shipped Media Mail.

On the other hand, I hate shipping anything internationally, and USPS is my least favorite. I think mcmullen has it about right with his description...

On a side note, I recently had to return a small book to a publisher in Ireland - the postal stamp on my package showed that he paid 7 euros to send it to me and it cost me almost 25 USD to send it back
    Looking for the following Centipede Press books:
    • Any book with limitation number #52
    • Chimera II (any #)
    • Don Brautigam Portfolio with Brautigam & Koontz signatures (any #)
    • Deluxe editions
    • ARCs/Proofs

Breaker The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman has a brilliant future The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

A fun list of books. The interesting thing is they modified the rules to exclude the bulk of SK as he received around 15% of the nominations for the list.

Enjoyed looking through that, Tim. Thanks for posting.

Gunslinger Apprentice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone here eBay seller darina_tsu? Has a good number of books up on eBay and some nice King editions. I put in an offer on a recently posted book but if it's someone here I'd always prefer to deal directly
    Looking for the following Centipede Press books:
    • Any book with limitation number #52
    • Chimera II (any #)
    • Don Brautigam Portfolio with Brautigam & Koontz signatures (any #)
    • Deluxe editions
    • ARCs/Proofs

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com.
    On the other hand, I hate shipping anything internationally, and USPS is my least favorite. I think mcmullen has it about right with his description...

On a side note, I recently had to return a small book to a publisher in Ireland - the postal stamp on my package showed that he paid 7 euros to send it to me and it cost me almost 25 USD to send it back
    I think a lot of national postal services still have this priority/economy distinction. It's just so weird: give us $25 and we'll get it there as soon as we can with a smile, give us $7 and we won't try very hard, you'll be lucky to get it, mate. Like if someone who makes bookcases said: I can make it for you for $100 and it will be a piece of art, or I can make it for $20 and it will be crooked and fall over.

Floating Georgie Denbrough will become famous soon enough Georgie Denbrough will become famous soon enough Georgie Denbrough's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So damn tired of ordering books from sellers that never end up being accurate. When you describe a book as "pristine," to me, that means ZERO flaws.
    "You'll float, too!"

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So damn tired of ordering books from sellers that never end up being accurate. When you describe a book as "pristine," to me, that means ZERO flaws.
    I totally agree. It really drives me. RF mentioned once to ask me how many 1st ITís I have bought. It prompted me to try and count them over the last 6-7 years... I have bought about 35-40. Not a single prestine one to be had
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, 35-40?! That's what I feel like would happen to me if I bought every one that looked or sounded good. Some of the missing firsts in my collection I've been searching for for 10+ years (IT among them) without any luck of finding one that I'd be happy with.
    "You'll float, too!"

Country
    Country Flag

Also, has anyone had any luck in finding Mr. Mercedes on DVD (which was released on Tuesday)? I went to Target and Best Buy today and BOTH stores were out of stock. Online, too. And Target's website says it's available for pre-order. Amazon has it as out of stock as well. What is going on here?
    "You'll float, too!"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem. I thought it was a fairly interesting list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Enjoyed looking through that, Tim. Thanks for posting.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite is "LIKE NEW" and look at the pictures and the dust cover is all ripped up or remander marked and the text block has dirt on it.

Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    My favorite is "LIKE NEW" and look at the pictures and the dust cover is all ripped up or remander marked and the text block has dirt on it.
    The worst thing is when a listing like that actually sells!
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) US Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) first edition Night Shift without dust jacket

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, has anyone had any luck in finding Mr. Mercedes on DVD (which was released on Tuesday)? I went to Target and Best Buy today and BOTH stores were out of stock. Online, too. And Target's website says it's available for pre-order. Amazon has it as out of stock as well. What is going on here?
    $29.99 BIN, no sales tax, free delivery:
    New Rare MR MERCEDES Complete Season 1 10 Episodes 3 DVD 2018 EMMY Stephen King

Brand New ∑ DVD

Country
    Country Flag

$30 for a just released DVD? No way.
    "You'll float, too!"

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was only $2 cheaper on Amazon, and I believe it's 3 DVD's. BTAIM, you asked, so I tried to help.

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This set is not as interesting now that it was a few months ago, since the serie has now been released on DVD.
    However, it does include a reproduction of a letter by King
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Yeah, "like new" is tricky. I've actually had more luck with "near fine" than I have with "very good". NF seems to have less of a variation from people who use it. VG seems to range between what I would call "acceptable" and what I would call NF or NF-.

(And if you're wondering why I'd settle for a VG book, sometimes I'm after a nice copy of a book to read or own, but don't need it to be pristine. If there's a price jump between VG and NF, I'll take a chance on VG. Sometime it pans out, sometimes not).
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 720 of 731 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 ... LastLast