Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 797 of 971 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 897 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,925 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Since Angelina sent all my Valentine's Day cards, roses and candy back with the cease and desist and stop stalking order I have renounced Valentine's day.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Since Angelina sent all my Valentine's Day cards, roses and candy back with the cease and desist and stop stalking order I have renounced Valentine's day.
    Yeah, I hear ya, Steve. She turned me down as well. Oh well, her loss that she'll never get wit this ol' boy!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that it will interest anybody. But me. But.

A first french edition of FRANKENSTEIN has appeared for sale. On abebooks.
    This first edition is so rare, that, to my knowledge copies are only available at the french national librairies. And one was for sale a few years back (at 20k)
    It is very expensive (a small 55k dollars ahahah), but I think that it would be interesting to share, nonetheless

Oh, and, if anybody here is really considering it, please let me know so that I can share you an affiliate link to get a small commission :p
    > https://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Book...bi=30493665989

Description from the seller :

Paris: Corréard, 1821. 3 vols. in 1, 12mo (164 x 98 mm) in eights and fours. Contemporary pale tan sheep-backed marbled boards, red morocco label, backstrip with double gilt rules and decorative roll at foot. With the half-titles. Skillful restoration to rear joint and foot of backstrip, vol.I leaf 17/1 with paper flaw at inner margin costing a couple of letters either side, vol.II half-title with paper flaw just touching two letters, overall an excellent copy. § First French Edition (second overall), and the first public acknowledgment of Mary Shelley as the author - a feature commonly claimed for the 1823 second English edition. Though Mary's name is misspelled and she is misidentified as the "niece" of William Godwin, this unauthorized public acknowledgment was nonetheless unique for Mary during the lifetime of her husband. This translation by Jules Saladin of Mary Shelley's masterpiece "remains to this day the only French translation of the 1818 text" (Rouhette). It was the first translation in any language and sole translation produced in the 19th century. We have only been able to trace copies held at Paris, Lille, Yale, and Munich; and no copies at auction.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Hi again, my SK friends!

It’s a dark boring morning and I’m killing time waiting for the golfers to tee off in the Open at Royal Portrush. I’m lying in bed propped on a sore shoulder typing to the light of the monitor and the TV. Not fun but I’m on my favorite website! I’m still confined to bed after 2 more surgeries to repair the Stage IV sacral ulcer. Three surgeries last summer helped heal about 70 percent of the original damage but there was still a hole that needed to be filled. My Plastic Surgeon could only fill that hole using muscle from my right leg. So she made a 6 inch incision behind my right knee and cut the muscle. After securing the bleeding, she made a 27 inch incision horizontal to the original incision baring the muscle needed to fill the hole. She then folded the muscle backward toward my ass and made a flap once or twice and then sewed it to the area against and adjacent to the sacrum. After 3 hours she sewed me up and told back in my room that I’d now have to lay on my back for 10 weeks not raising above 30 degrees. I’ve followed those orders religiously but it has been a huge challenge.

I saw my doctor today. She said the flap looked fantastic overall but there was a 1 mm area where one of the stitches was causing a problem. She debrided the area and used 3 stitches to anchor everything. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she said I could sit up for 15 minutes 3 times a day. Baby steps… and I hope I can get back to work by late-August/early-September!

Thanks immensely to those here who contacted me or inquired about me through others wishing me the best. I cannot explain how good I feel reading the different threads here. I’ve said this many times before but this site takes a back seat to none!!! I haven’t been doing much in the way of collecting since this recent health issue came about. I’ve exhausted all of my Sick and Annual Leave balances so no paycheck for the foreseeable future. But I’ll return with a fury once I get back to work!

The golf has begun so I’ll stop for now. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

John

Update:

My thanks to those who have been rooting for me during my health issues over the last few months/years. Complications severely impacted my expected return to work but I am exceedingly happy to report that I've been back since 14 October. I've worked about 20 straight work days without any problems. I am feeling fine both physically and mentally. Actually, I feel the best I've felt in at least 7 years. I don't write here very often but reading the posts, in particular, and the site overall has been a significant part of my recovery and I wanted you all to know it. I ALWAYS feel a jolt of adrenaline when I come here. I have few vices since I've written off hookers and booze (jk...or not) but sports, Coca-Cola, this site and SK collecting are all at the top of the list. Still a bit before we usher out 2019, but I'm looking forward to a new start with a healthy, successful 2020. Thanks, again.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi again, my SK friends!

It’s a dark boring morning and I’m killing time waiting for the golfers to tee off in the Open at Royal Portrush. I’m lying in bed propped on a sore shoulder typing to the light of the monitor and the TV. Not fun but I’m on my favorite website! I’m still confined to bed after 2 more surgeries to repair the Stage IV sacral ulcer. Three surgeries last summer helped heal about 70 percent of the original damage but there was still a hole that needed to be filled. My Plastic Surgeon could only fill that hole using muscle from my right leg. So she made a 6 inch incision behind my right knee and cut the muscle. After securing the bleeding, she made a 27 inch incision horizontal to the original incision baring the muscle needed to fill the hole. She then folded the muscle backward toward my ass and made a flap once or twice and then sewed it to the area against and adjacent to the sacrum. After 3 hours she sewed me up and told back in my room that I’d now have to lay on my back for 10 weeks not raising above 30 degrees. I’ve followed those orders religiously but it has been a huge challenge.

I saw my doctor today. She said the flap looked fantastic overall but there was a 1 mm area where one of the stitches was causing a problem. She debrided the area and used 3 stitches to anchor everything. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she said I could sit up for 15 minutes 3 times a day. Baby steps… and I hope I can get back to work by late-August/early-September!

Thanks immensely to those here who contacted me or inquired about me through others wishing me the best. I cannot explain how good I feel reading the different threads here. I’ve said this many times before but this site takes a back seat to none!!! I haven’t been doing much in the way of collecting since this recent health issue came about. I’ve exhausted all of my Sick and Annual Leave balances so no paycheck for the foreseeable future. But I’ll return with a fury once I get back to work!

The golf has begun so I’ll stop for now. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

John

Update:

My thanks to those who have been rooting for me during my health issues over the last few months/years. Complications severely impacted my expected return to work but I am exceedingly happy to report that I've been back since 14 October. I've worked about 20 straight work days without any problems. I am feeling fine both physically and mentally. Actually, I feel the best I've felt in at least 7 years. I don't write here very often but reading the posts, in particular, and the site overall has been a significant part of my recovery and I wanted you all to know it. I ALWAYS feel a jolt of adrenaline when I come here. I have few vices since I've written off hookers and booze (jk...or not) but sports, Coca-Cola, this site and SK collecting are all at the top of the list. Still a bit before we usher out 2019, but I'm looking forward to a new start with a healthy, successful 2020. Thanks, again.

John
    Continuing to send good thoughts and prayers your way John.

Ralph and Karen Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great, John! Continued best wishes moving into 2020.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear that things are improving, John!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I'm really glad you've overcome your troubles. Welcome back!!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I can’t imagine what you’ve gone through with this. I’m very happy to hear about your recovery!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi again, my SK friends!

John

Update:

John
    Glad to hear that you're doing a lot better now !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John great to hear this my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Hey John, what an ordeal! Glad you pulled through.

By the way, screw Coke, sports and booze, and especially that other hobby! Hang in there!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you’re on the mend, John.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Update:

John
    Glad to here that things are improved! I hope the trend continues into 2020 and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't think that it will interest anybody. But me. But.

A first french edition of FRANKENSTEIN has appeared for sale. On abebooks.
    This first edition is so rare, that, to my knowledge copies are only available at the french national librairies. And one was for sale a few years back (at 20k)
    It is very expensive (a small 55k dollars ahahah), but I think that it would be interesting to share, nonetheless

Oh, and, if anybody here is really considering it, please let me know so that I can share you an affiliate link to get a small commission :p
    > https://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Book...bi=30493665989

Description from the seller :

Paris: Corréard, 1821. 3 vols. in 1, 12mo (164 x 98 mm) in eights and fours. Contemporary pale tan sheep-backed marbled boards, red morocco label, backstrip with double gilt rules and decorative roll at foot. With the half-titles. Skillful restoration to rear joint and foot of backstrip, vol.I leaf 17/1 with paper flaw at inner margin costing a couple of letters either side, vol.II half-title with paper flaw just touching two letters, overall an excellent copy. § First French Edition (second overall), and the first public acknowledgment of Mary Shelley as the author - a feature commonly claimed for the 1823 second English edition. Though Mary's name is misspelled and she is misidentified as the "niece" of William Godwin, this unauthorized public acknowledgment was nonetheless unique for Mary during the lifetime of her husband. This translation by Jules Saladin of Mary Shelley's masterpiece "remains to this day the only French translation of the 1818 text" (Rouhette). It was the first translation in any language and sole translation produced in the 19th century. We have only been able to trace copies held at Paris, Lille, Yale, and Munich; and no copies at auction.

It's interesting to note that this specific copy was sold at auctions in 2016, from the Drouot auction house.
    The estimate was then 10,000-15,000 euros and it sold at 15,000e

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I went and saw Doctor Sleep movie on Sunday....Was pretty good...not outstanding but very watchable.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi again, my SK friends!

John

Update:

John
    Very glad to hear this, John!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My random thought of the day is, pet a dog, you'll feel better:

If pics of pets are not allowed, just let me know and I'll delete this message.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree. Pictures of pets are encouraged!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the one in the middle is a poodle, but what about the other two?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the one in the middle is a terrier and the other two are poodle mixes of some type.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The dog in the middle is a rescue dog. Some kind of a terrier mix breed.
    The other two are Bedlington Terriers, or as we like to call them, lamb dogs.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The dog in the middle is a rescue dog. Some kind of a terrier mix breed.
    The other two are Bedlington Terriers, or as we like to call them, lamb dogs.
    My new dog enjoys lamb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 797 of 971 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 897 ... LastLast