+ Reply to Thread
Page 671 of 737 FirstFirst ... 171 571 621 661 669 670 671 672 673 681 721 ... LastLast
Results 16,751 to 16,775 of 18416

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

  1. #16751
    Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,011
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    That is EXTREMELY funny, Ralph!! To me, anyway
    - MichaŽl

  2. #16752
    Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    281
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I went for the triple play yesterday.
    Non mesh umbilicus hernia repair.
    Appendectomy.
    Laproscopic iliostomy.
    Jerome,

    Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital having surgery. But I'm glad to hear that you're home now and hopefully progressing ahead of schedule. Wishing for a speedy recovery!

    John

  3. #16753
    Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    281
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Yeah... we just had a nice conversation (she's in Virginia) and still a big King fan... she was 17 when she wrote that letter in 1977, same age as me... well, technically she wrote that letter on May 14th 1977- the day I turned 18, but close enough.
    I got three copies of Sleeping Beauties signed by Owen King....
    I plan to throw one of those in the box with the letter... to surprise her and make her day. Guess I'm just some wacky atheistic stranger sporting some early Christmas cheer.
    Terry,

    Very nice of you. She will be surprised and happy. Your generosity brings a smile to my face!

    John

  4. #16754
    Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    281
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Iím very sorry for this long post. But writing this just makes me feel better. I hope you understand.

    Itís been hit-and-miss for me on the site for the last 10 months. Three different health problems took me to some very nasty places during this time. Iím not sure if I previously wrote about some of this so I apologize if Iím repeating some parts.

    In January I developed a urinary tract infection (UTI). I also started having severe abdominal pain on my left side. I was finally admitted to a hospital in February. Just before I was admitted, the UTI caused me to get a decubitus ulcer (pressure sore) about 4cm from my A-hole. Iíve had them before (UTI and ulcer) so I expected IV antibiotics and my pink slip 5 days later. However, my stomach pain increased and my appetite disappeared. I felt worse as time passed. I was losing red blood cells so they gave me 2 units of blood Ė I should feel better in a few days. It didnít happen.

    The UTI was healing slowly but its symptoms made the ulcer worse. Adding to misery was the fact that the nurses did not turn me from side-to-side to relieve the pressure on my ass. I ate 3 meals during my stay yet the nurses never mentioned that to any of my 7 doctors. I lost almost 30 pounds during my 8-day stay. I was pronounced ďhealedĒ and sent me home with a clean bill of health.

    Once I returned to my home, the people who help me with nursing activities told me how bad I looked. I was told that the ulcer was larger and there was an odor so it was probably infected. I was shocked when I saw a cell phone picture. I called my primary physician asking for an emergency appointment with the best Wound Clinic in the DC area.

    I got there the following day. I believe the measurements were 4 inches horizontal, 4 inches vertical, and 6.5 inches deep. The hole went directly to my sacrum. The doctor debrided the wound and told me I had a Stage IV ulcer. Three days later we found out that it was infected, as feared. The doctor tried oral antibiotics (they worked) and he gave me a plan to start the rehab process. It could take from 6-9-12 months or more -- depending how successful offloading my weight from the chair goes and how much protein I could ingest. I needed to grow tissue. This was mid-March.

    I still couldnít eat very much and my side still hurt. My brother and sister came to help me and my other helpers but nobody and nothing was making me feel better. I couldnít work and I used all my Sick Leave and Annual Leave. My depression sky-rocketed.

    I was treading water in June so my primary doctor increased the dosage of my thyroid medicine. I started to feel a bit better when I was hit with another UTI bout. I went to the ER on the first day that the symptoms appeared. Instead of treating me for a UTI, the doctor told me I was having a heart attack. I vehemently disagreed and left AMA (against medical advice). I went to my urologist the next day and he treated me for a UTI. I was better in 5 days. And I was starting to feel better overall.

    In early July I went to the Wound Clinic for my weekly appointment. They took my blood pressure 4 times on multiple devices but the best they could get was 78/32. They told me it was too low for them to treat me. So I had to return to same ER that told me I was having a heart attack. They told me that my red blood cells were too low again. I needed another unit of blood. So I spent another night in the hospital. I felt better in the morning. I explained some of the things that happened over the previous 4-5 months and she gave me her fatherís number. Heís a partner in a rather large DC firm. You never know when youíll need a lawyer.

    The ulcer reverted because of the last UTIís symptoms. My stomach was still hurting and the nausea was coming to fruition more frequently. I felt like crap Ė physically and mentally. My bi-weekly paychecks were 25-50% because of my inability to work. I felt like the walls were falling in.

    I went to my primary again and we again took blood. My red blood cell count was so low that I needed 2 more units ASAP. I had it done in late-July late in the week. I remember that because on the following Saturday I almost committed suicide. Iíve been in plenty of difficult situations in my life but I always made it through. But I was sitting at my kitchen table when I looked at my pain medications a few feet away. A 3+ mouth supply of 10mg Oxycontin along with a 2-month supply of Oxycodone IR (Immediate Release). I read that Iíd just fall asleep and Iíd not feel any pain. Iím so close to swallowing the IR and Iím crying like a baby. Obviously, I didnít follow through. I have no idea why I stopped. Maybe there will be a Psychiatrist who will figure it out.

    I always yell at the TV for those who commit a murder-suicide. I call them cowards. They are cheaters. And in the end, I am neither of those. I am so thankful that I didnít put my family through any foolishness. There are billions of people much worse off than me. Because of my job, I had to tell my supervisor. He supported me and gave me some potential resources for the future.

    This episode happened in late-July. I adjusted my diet since then and my stomach ailments have slowly dissipated. My ulcer is healing nicely. My doctors are pleased with the healing progress and have told me that complete healing could be as soon as 3 months. The depression remains but I have been reading and thinking but I feel strong and confident that I can overcome any negative thoughts.

    I shared these events with 2 tdt.org members and I thank them sincerely for their support and friendship. I look forward to reading more threads and catching up on buying SK books.

  5. #16755
    Gunslinger Apprentice darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough darkseer is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    216
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Iím very sorry for this long post. But writing this just makes me feel better. I hope you understand.

    Itís been hit-and-miss for me on the site for the last 10 months. Three different health problems took me to some very nasty places during this time. Iím not sure if I previously wrote about some of this so I apologize if Iím repeating some parts.

    In January I developed a urinary tract infection (UTI). I also started having severe abdominal pain on my left side. I was finally admitted to a hospital in February. Just before I was admitted, the UTI caused me to get a decubitus ulcer (pressure sore) about 4cm from my A-hole. Iíve had them before (UTI and ulcer) so I expected IV antibiotics and my pink slip 5 days later. However, my stomach pain increased and my appetite disappeared. I felt worse as time passed. I was losing red blood cells so they gave me 2 units of blood Ė I should feel better in a few days. It didnít happen.

    The UTI was healing slowly but its symptoms made the ulcer worse. Adding to misery was the fact that the nurses did not turn me from side-to-side to relieve the pressure on my ass. I ate 3 meals during my stay yet the nurses never mentioned that to any of my 7 doctors. I lost almost 30 pounds during my 8-day stay. I was pronounced ďhealedĒ and sent me home with a clean bill of health.

    Once I returned to my home, the people who help me with nursing activities told me how bad I looked. I was told that the ulcer was larger and there was an odor so it was probably infected. I was shocked when I saw a cell phone picture. I called my primary physician asking for an emergency appointment with the best Wound Clinic in the DC area.

    I got there the following day. I believe the measurements were 4 inches horizontal, 4 inches vertical, and 6.5 inches deep. The hole went directly to my sacrum. The doctor debrided the wound and told me I had a Stage IV ulcer. Three days later we found out that it was infected, as feared. The doctor tried oral antibiotics (they worked) and he gave me a plan to start the rehab process. It could take from 6-9-12 months or more -- depending how successful offloading my weight from the chair goes and how much protein I could ingest. I needed to grow tissue. This was mid-March.

    I still couldnít eat very much and my side still hurt. My brother and sister came to help me and my other helpers but nobody and nothing was making me feel better. I couldnít work and I used all my Sick Leave and Annual Leave. My depression sky-rocketed.

    I was treading water in June so my primary doctor increased the dosage of my thyroid medicine. I started to feel a bit better when I was hit with another UTI bout. I went to the ER on the first day that the symptoms appeared. Instead of treating me for a UTI, the doctor told me I was having a heart attack. I vehemently disagreed and left AMA (against medical advice). I went to my urologist the next day and he treated me for a UTI. I was better in 5 days. And I was starting to feel better overall.

    In early July I went to the Wound Clinic for my weekly appointment. They took my blood pressure 4 times on multiple devices but the best they could get was 78/32. They told me it was too low for them to treat me. So I had to return to same ER that told me I was having a heart attack. They told me that my red blood cells were too low again. I needed another unit of blood. So I spent another night in the hospital. I felt better in the morning. I explained some of the things that happened over the previous 4-5 months and she gave me her fatherís number. Heís a partner in a rather large DC firm. You never know when youíll need a lawyer.

    The ulcer reverted because of the last UTIís symptoms. My stomach was still hurting and the nausea was coming to fruition more frequently. I felt like crap Ė physically and mentally. My bi-weekly paychecks were 25-50% because of my inability to work. I felt like the walls were falling in.

    I went to my primary again and we again took blood. My red blood cell count was so low that I needed 2 more units ASAP. I had it done in late-July late in the week. I remember that because on the following Saturday I almost committed suicide. Iíve been in plenty of difficult situations in my life but I always made it through. But I was sitting at my kitchen table when I looked at my pain medications a few feet away. A 3+ mouth supply of 10mg Oxycontin along with a 2-month supply of Oxycodone IR (Immediate Release). I read that Iíd just fall asleep and Iíd not feel any pain. Iím so close to swallowing the IR and Iím crying like a baby. Obviously, I didnít follow through. I have no idea why I stopped. Maybe there will be a Psychiatrist who will figure it out.

    I always yell at the TV for those who commit a murder-suicide. I call them cowards. They are cheaters. And in the end, I am neither of those. I am so thankful that I didnít put my family through any foolishness. There are billions of people much worse off than me. Because of my job, I had to tell my supervisor. He supported me and gave me some potential resources for the future.

    This episode happened in late-July. I adjusted my diet since then and my stomach ailments have slowly dissipated. My ulcer is healing nicely. My doctors are pleased with the healing progress and have told me that complete healing could be as soon as 3 months. The depression remains but I have been reading and thinking but I feel strong and confident that I can overcome any negative thoughts.

    I shared these events with 2 tdt.org members and I thank them sincerely for their support and friendship. I look forward to reading more threads and catching up on buying SK books.
    Glad to hear your finally healing, that's an awful thing to go through but it Sounds like the worst is over. Wishing you the best

  6. #16756
    Gunslinger jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    14,585
    My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Johnny, I'm glad you are on the mend, albeit slowly. Those UTIs are a real bitch. I came close to dying last year because of one and a concurrent bad case of sepsis in my left leg. I'm SO glad you're still with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    John

  7. #16757
    Servant of Gan HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH is a splendid one to behold HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,910
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Iím very sorry for this long post. But writing this just makes me feel better. I hope you understand.

    Itís been hit-and-miss for me on the site for the last 10 months. Three different health problems took me to some very nasty places during this time. Iím not sure if I previously wrote about some of this so I apologize if Iím repeating some parts.

    In January I developed a urinary tract infection (UTI). I also started having severe abdominal pain on my left side. I was finally admitted to a hospital in February. Just before I was admitted, the UTI caused me to get a decubitus ulcer (pressure sore) about 4cm from my A-hole. Iíve had them before (UTI and ulcer) so I expected IV antibiotics and my pink slip 5 days later. However, my stomach pain increased and my appetite disappeared. I felt worse as time passed. I was losing red blood cells so they gave me 2 units of blood Ė I should feel better in a few days. It didnít happen.

    The UTI was healing slowly but its symptoms made the ulcer worse. Adding to misery was the fact that the nurses did not turn me from side-to-side to relieve the pressure on my ass. I ate 3 meals during my stay yet the nurses never mentioned that to any of my 7 doctors. I lost almost 30 pounds during my 8-day stay. I was pronounced ďhealedĒ and sent me home with a clean bill of health.

    Once I returned to my home, the people who help me with nursing activities told me how bad I looked. I was told that the ulcer was larger and there was an odor so it was probably infected. I was shocked when I saw a cell phone picture. I called my primary physician asking for an emergency appointment with the best Wound Clinic in the DC area.

    I got there the following day. I believe the measurements were 4 inches horizontal, 4 inches vertical, and 6.5 inches deep. The hole went directly to my sacrum. The doctor debrided the wound and told me I had a Stage IV ulcer. Three days later we found out that it was infected, as feared. The doctor tried oral antibiotics (they worked) and he gave me a plan to start the rehab process. It could take from 6-9-12 months or more -- depending how successful offloading my weight from the chair goes and how much protein I could ingest. I needed to grow tissue. This was mid-March.

    I still couldnít eat very much and my side still hurt. My brother and sister came to help me and my other helpers but nobody and nothing was making me feel better. I couldnít work and I used all my Sick Leave and Annual Leave. My depression sky-rocketed.

    I was treading water in June so my primary doctor increased the dosage of my thyroid medicine. I started to feel a bit better when I was hit with another UTI bout. I went to the ER on the first day that the symptoms appeared. Instead of treating me for a UTI, the doctor told me I was having a heart attack. I vehemently disagreed and left AMA (against medical advice). I went to my urologist the next day and he treated me for a UTI. I was better in 5 days. And I was starting to feel better overall.

    In early July I went to the Wound Clinic for my weekly appointment. They took my blood pressure 4 times on multiple devices but the best they could get was 78/32. They told me it was too low for them to treat me. So I had to return to same ER that told me I was having a heart attack. They told me that my red blood cells were too low again. I needed another unit of blood. So I spent another night in the hospital. I felt better in the morning. I explained some of the things that happened over the previous 4-5 months and she gave me her fatherís number. Heís a partner in a rather large DC firm. You never know when youíll need a lawyer.

    The ulcer reverted because of the last UTIís symptoms. My stomach was still hurting and the nausea was coming to fruition more frequently. I felt like crap Ė physically and mentally. My bi-weekly paychecks were 25-50% because of my inability to work. I felt like the walls were falling in.

    I went to my primary again and we again took blood. My red blood cell count was so low that I needed 2 more units ASAP. I had it done in late-July late in the week. I remember that because on the following Saturday I almost committed suicide. Iíve been in plenty of difficult situations in my life but I always made it through. But I was sitting at my kitchen table when I looked at my pain medications a few feet away. A 3+ mouth supply of 10mg Oxycontin along with a 2-month supply of Oxycodone IR (Immediate Release). I read that Iíd just fall asleep and Iíd not feel any pain. Iím so close to swallowing the IR and Iím crying like a baby. Obviously, I didnít follow through. I have no idea why I stopped. Maybe there will be a Psychiatrist who will figure it out.

    I always yell at the TV for those who commit a murder-suicide. I call them cowards. They are cheaters. And in the end, I am neither of those. I am so thankful that I didnít put my family through any foolishness. There are billions of people much worse off than me. Because of my job, I had to tell my supervisor. He supported me and gave me some potential resources for the future.

    This episode happened in late-July. I adjusted my diet since then and my stomach ailments have slowly dissipated. My ulcer is healing nicely. My doctors are pleased with the healing progress and have told me that complete healing could be as soon as 3 months. The depression remains but I have been reading and thinking but I feel strong and confident that I can overcome any negative thoughts.

    I shared these events with 2 tdt.org members and I thank them sincerely for their support and friendship. I look forward to reading more threads and catching up on buying SK books.
    Glad to have you back around, man. It sounds like you're on the mend (at least starting to be). I'm wishing you nothing but the best

  8. #16758
    Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fairfield CT
    Posts
    4,730
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I too am so very pleased you are still with us.....Our talks are some of the best I've ever had.....keep a positive outlook...there is a lot ahead of you.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

    Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
    .



  9. #16759
    Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66 is a name known to all firemonkey66's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,094
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Damn, johnny, thatís a hell of a year. Stay strong and keep on that upslope. Itís great to hear from you.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) US Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) first edition Night Shift without dust jacket

  10. #16760
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,972
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    You already went through a lot of hard times and you didn't give up. Just continue and you will see the end of it, things will get better.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  11. #16761
    Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,011
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I wish you the best of luck all the way from Europe, J.! Stay strong!
    - MichaŽl

  12. #16762
    Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,510
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    It's wonderful that you can post your story Johnny, I sincerely hope that your battle through this will inspire others who are suffering long term illness and see that there can be light at the end of the tunnel and it is always worth fighting on.

    Stay strong and keep positive
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

  13. #16763
    Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    6,950
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Question: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?

    Answer
    Oh, Ralph. That's rough
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  14. #16764
    Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    6,950
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Best of luck in your continued recovery, Johnny!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

  15. #16765
    Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    281
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    All,

    My sincere thanks for many well-wishes in this thread, in the PMs, and on the phone. Your sentiments give me energy, hope and an overall positive attitude. I wish I had the freedom to attend signings so I could meet you all. That would be as much of a treat as a signed book. My thanks, again.

    Best,
    John

  16. #16766
    Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough Johnny007 is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    281
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Johnny, I'm glad you are on the mend, albeit slowly. Those UTIs are a real bitch. I came close to dying last year because of one and a concurrent bad case of sepsis in my left leg. I'm SO glad you're still with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    John
    John,

    I am very glad that you won your fight with sepsis (and the UTI). Sepsis is a terrible diagnosis and you have to be a tough son-of-a-gun to survive that fight. Keep fighting! You are one of the reasons why this is the best SK (and other topics) site/reference library in the world!

    Best always,
    John

  17. #16767
    Honky Mahfah zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig has a reputation beyond repute zelig's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,053
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    John wishing you all the best. And a successful road to recovery.

  18. #16768
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,749
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    All,

    My sincere thanks for many well-wishes in this thread, in the PMs, and on the phone. Your sentiments give me energy, hope and an overall positive attitude. I wish I had the freedom to attend signings so I could meet you all. That would be as much of a treat as a signed book. My thanks, again.

    Best,
    John
    Hey John. Love when you post and wish you the best! Love hearing from you... post more often and stop by


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  19. #16769
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,972
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Hey, my wife is wondering how to ship original art throught the post : if for instance you order an original painting by Whelan or someone else, do yous know how is it being sent? Rolled in a tube / else?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  20. #16770
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    11,749
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Hey, my wife is wondering how to ship original art throught the post : if for instance you order an original painting by Whelan or someone else, do yous know how is it being sent? Rolled in a tube / else?
    It is a delicate task. They are very good at it. I take the art... wrap it a LOT in bubble wrap and tape the hell out of it. Then I place it in a box full of packing peanuts. Then re-enforce the sides and tape the hell out of that. IT is 1 or 1... so you do not want it to be hurt or damaged at all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  21. #16771
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    38,752
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Most original art is not rolled.

  22. #16772
    Citizen of Gilead east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    east tennessee
    Posts
    881
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Stay Strong Johnny007, good MOJO headed your way.......

  23. #16773
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,972
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Most original art is not rolled.
    Ok but how then? Is it directly framed and sent wiithin thte frame hoping that it doesnt break and therefore do not rip the art within?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  24. #16774
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    38,752
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Most original art is not rolled.
    Ok but how then? Is it directly framed and sent wiithin thte frame hoping that it doesnt break and therefore do not rip the art within?
    It can be shipped framed (if the seller framed it as part of the purchase price), or shipped unframed. Most original paintings are done on stretched canvas, or a board, so they already have some rigidity.
    Here are instructions on how to pack a painting

  25. #16775
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,972
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 671 of 737 FirstFirst ... 171 571 621 661 669 670 671 672 673 681 721 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts