Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 720 of 971 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 770 820 ... LastLast
Results 17,976 to 18,000 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A fun list of books. The interesting thing is they modified the rules to exclude the bulk of SK as he received around 15% of the nominations for the list.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/63277...horror-stories

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com. Early May a package arrived there that I wasn’t expecting. I must have sent it there by mistake when ordering. I don’t remember which book or where I ordered it. (I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed.) To save money I forwarded it via USPS economy airmail.

It still hasn’t arrived. I’m not worried or mad or anything, just curious why the process takes so much longer compared to priority. Does it get thrown in a corner? Is it handled by a different staff? It seems odd that paying extra makes things go so much faster.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com. Early May a package arrived there that I wasn’t expecting. I must have sent it there by mistake when ordering. I don’t remember which book or where I ordered it. (I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed.) To save money I forwarded it via USPS economy airmail.

It still hasn’t arrived. I’m not worried or mad or anything, just curious why the process takes so much longer compared to priority. Does it get thrown in a corner? Is it handled by a different staff? It seems odd that paying extra makes things go so much faster.

With economy, they just drop kick your package and hope it lands in the right pile. If not repeat over and over until it's finally right. THEN once it's there they throw it on a plane (might be going to the right place who knows) and as they pass over the country they just drop it out the plane and hope it makes it's way to your post for delivery.

All kidding but I wouldn't trust anything USPS for economy. I tried sending a graduation card to my buddy in May he didn't get it for 4 weeks and it was travelling all of 4 hours east...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

With economy, they just drop kick your package and hope it lands in the right pile. If not repeat over and over until it's finally right. THEN once it's there they throw it on a plane (might be going to the right place who knows) and as they pass over the country they just drop it out the plane and hope it makes it's way to your post for delivery.

All kidding but I wouldn't trust anything USPS for economy. I tried sending a graduation card to my buddy in May he didn't get it for 4 weeks and it was travelling all of 4 hours east...
    I am always pleasantly surprised with USPS shipping within the US. I have never had any more problems with damage to Media Mail packages than I have with priority or with other shippers (in fact, UPS is my least favorite and I much prefer USPS over them), and it rarely takes longer than 4-5 days to receive a package shipped Media Mail.

On the other hand, I hate shipping anything internationally, and USPS is my least favorite. I think mcmullen has it about right with his description...

On a side note, I recently had to return a small book to a publisher in Ireland - the postal stamp on my package showed that he paid 7 euros to send it to me and it cost me almost 25 USD to send it back

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    A fun list of books. The interesting thing is they modified the rules to exclude the bulk of SK as he received around 15% of the nominations for the list.

Enjoyed looking through that, Tim. Thanks for posting.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone here eBay seller darina_tsu? Has a good number of books up on eBay and some nice King editions. I put in an offer on a recently posted book but if it's someone here I'd always prefer to deal directly

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I have a forwarding address in the US with shipito.com.
    On the other hand, I hate shipping anything internationally, and USPS is my least favorite. I think mcmullen has it about right with his description...

On a side note, I recently had to return a small book to a publisher in Ireland - the postal stamp on my package showed that he paid 7 euros to send it to me and it cost me almost 25 USD to send it back
    I think a lot of national postal services still have this priority/economy distinction. It's just so weird: give us $25 and we'll get it there as soon as we can with a smile, give us $7 and we won't try very hard, you'll be lucky to get it, mate. Like if someone who makes bookcases said: I can make it for you for $100 and it will be a piece of art, or I can make it for $20 and it will be crooked and fall over.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So damn tired of ordering books from sellers that never end up being accurate. When you describe a book as "pristine," to me, that means ZERO flaws.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So damn tired of ordering books from sellers that never end up being accurate. When you describe a book as "pristine," to me, that means ZERO flaws.
    I totally agree. It really drives me. RF mentioned once to ask me how many 1st IT’s I have bought. It prompted me to try and count them over the last 6-7 years... I have bought about 35-40. Not a single prestine one to be had
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, 35-40?! That's what I feel like would happen to me if I bought every one that looked or sounded good. Some of the missing firsts in my collection I've been searching for for 10+ years (IT among them) without any luck of finding one that I'd be happy with.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Also, has anyone had any luck in finding Mr. Mercedes on DVD (which was released on Tuesday)? I went to Target and Best Buy today and BOTH stores were out of stock. Online, too. And Target's website says it's available for pre-order. Amazon has it as out of stock as well. What is going on here?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem. I thought it was a fairly interesting list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Enjoyed looking through that, Tim. Thanks for posting.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite is "LIKE NEW" and look at the pictures and the dust cover is all ripped up or remander marked and the text block has dirt on it.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    My favorite is "LIKE NEW" and look at the pictures and the dust cover is all ripped up or remander marked and the text block has dirt on it.
    The worst thing is when a listing like that actually sells!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, has anyone had any luck in finding Mr. Mercedes on DVD (which was released on Tuesday)? I went to Target and Best Buy today and BOTH stores were out of stock. Online, too. And Target's website says it's available for pre-order. Amazon has it as out of stock as well. What is going on here?
    $29.99 BIN, no sales tax, free delivery:
    New Rare MR MERCEDES Complete Season 1 10 Episodes 3 DVD 2018 EMMY Stephen King

Brand New · DVD

Country
    Country Flag

$30 for a just released DVD? No way.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was only $2 cheaper on Amazon, and I believe it's 3 DVD's. BTAIM, you asked, so I tried to help.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This set is not as interesting now that it was a few months ago, since the serie has now been released on DVD.
    However, it does include a reproduction of a letter by King
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Yeah, "like new" is tricky. I've actually had more luck with "near fine" than I have with "very good". NF seems to have less of a variation from people who use it. VG seems to range between what I would call "acceptable" and what I would call NF or NF-.

(And if you're wondering why I'd settle for a VG book, sometimes I'm after a nice copy of a book to read or own, but don't need it to be pristine. If there's a price jump between VG and NF, I'll take a chance on VG. Sometime it pans out, sometimes not).
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Bob Dylan again a few nights back. It was the 7th or 8th time I've seen him since 1997. You have to have a deep love for Dylan to forgive his voice nowadays and his Americana stock interpretations of his back catalogue. But it's Dylan - he still gives it his all, and it still has moments of pure magic.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I saw Bob Dylan again a few nights back. It was the 7th or 8th time I've seen him since 1997. You have to have a deep love for Dylan to forgive his voice nowadays and his Americana stock interpretations of his back catalogue. But it's Dylan - he still gives it his all, and it still has moments of pure magic.
    Dylan came through town last summer, and my Dad finally saw him for the first time. He loved the singing, but was shocked and pretty disappointed when he stayed at his piano for the entire show, instead of picking up his guitar.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Dylan came through town last summer, and my Dad finally saw him for the first time. He loved the singing, but was shocked and pretty disappointed when he stayed at his piano for the entire show, instead of picking up his guitar.
    I noticed that too. I saw him the last time he was in Melbourne, in 2015, and he played guitar and stood for several songs. This tour he sat behind the piano for the entire time, stood occasionally (still behind the piano), and when he did move over to other band members between sounds he shuffled more than walked. To me, its clear that, at 77-years-old, his health is noticeably deteriorating.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Last weekend I spent a couple of hours putting Brodart covers on my King UK 1/1 editions. I'm not very good at it, so I started with the more recent ones and worked my way back. Still have a lot to do; I ran out of dustjacket covers.

BTW, ordering covers directly from Brodart seems to be WAY cheaper than getting them through Amazon.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Duluth Trading Company makes some rocking undies.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Duluth Trading Company makes some rocking undies.
    You'll save both time and money by simply going Commando
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 720 of 971 FirstFirst ... 220 620 670 710 718 719 720 721 722 730 770 820 ... LastLast