Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 775 of 971 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765 773 774 775 776 777 785 825 875 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,375 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Underwhelming in my opinion...
    To be honest, I agree. I was like “meh, this could be on any of their last two albums. Nothing new...” But still with incredible time signatures that are probably based on some Mayan cosmic ritual time clock thing...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    After 13 years, some new Tool...

I think it's incredible.

...this could be on any of their last two albums...
    I agree - it fits in with what were two of the best albums I've ever heard.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ted Chiang

Anyone like Ted Chiang?

Waterstones have signed editions of his latest short stories. £16.99.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Anyone like Ted Chiang?

Do you havve a link?
    Found it

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

After 13 years, some new Tool...

That's what she said

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Anyone like Ted Chiang?

Do you havve a link?
    Found it
    Cool, glad you found it, my link seemed strange in that I wasn't sure if I was putting my membership details on it, hence just comments, rather than links.

I think it is the retail version, signed on the title page? Collecting mine this weekend as want to avoid waterstones meager packaging!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Back in May I mentioned here that I've been having issues with my company due to a breach in my contract and that the owed me a lot of money. I got a call where the company accepted this and that they were going to pay me. Well, at the end, they cut a big part of that money they owed me (nearly 30%) and they decided to pay the debt as a montly salary. I complained on this, since they were basicaly saying that on that month my salary was huge, instead of declaring it as 2016-2019 debt. Long story short, they didn't care, paid it that way, and I lost 35% as taxes (besides the previous 30% cut).

And here's were good Karma shows up: the accountant department made a TINY mistake when they paid me: they should have declared it as Non-Remunerative, but they forgot about this. So on the next month, when by local laws the employers have to pay half-a-salary as a plus, they checked my highest salary in the year...and that was May's, when they paid me my salary plus the debt as salary. Since they can't change a previously paid salary (it's against the law), they had to pay me one big half-a-salary that basically covered the tax cut and almost all the amount of the previous cut as well.

I don't know what's gonna happen from now on, since my company has just been acquired by an US one (Stats, which now is Stats Perform), but well, time will tell. At least I got my money paid.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for you. Glad the company didn't know the fine print on paying you.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good deal, Ari
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Back in May I mentioned here that I've been having issues with my company due to a breach in my contract and that the owed me a lot of money. I got a call where the company accepted this and that they were going to pay me. Well, at the end, they cut a big part of that money they owed me (nearly 30%) and they decided to pay the debt as a montly salary. I complained on this, since they were basicaly saying that on that month my salary was huge, instead of declaring it as 2016-2019 debt. Long story short, they didn't care, paid it that way, and I lost 35% as taxes (besides the previous 30% cut).

And here's were good Karma shows up: the accountant department made a TINY mistake when they paid me: they should have declared it as Non-Remunerative, but they forgot about this. So on the next month, when by local laws the employers have to pay half-a-salary as a plus, they checked my highest salary in the year...and that was May's, when they paid me my salary plus the debt as salary. Since they can't change a previously paid salary (it's against the law), they had to pay me one big half-a-salary that basically covered the tax cut and almost all the amount of the previous cut as well.

I don't know what's gonna happen from now on, since my company has just been acquired by an US one (Stats, which now is Stats Perform), but well, time will tell. At least I got my money paid.

Glad you got most of the money back!
    So what is your next major purchase?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys!

I actually saved some money because elections are coming and I know we'll have a crisis after 'em.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you got most of what was rightfully yours, Ari!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems like you did okay, Ari, considering everything. Just not worrying about it anymore is probably a big relief.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! And yes...it's a huge relief for me.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Speaking of the new Tool album, the track list is out, and apparently they didn't even put all of the tracks on the CD...3 of them are download only.

The deluxe CD package - now featuring most of the album!

(Full disclosure: if you buy the "deluxe CD," you do get the songs via download, just not on the CD).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Speaking of the new Tool album, the track list is out, and apparently they didn't even put all of the tracks on the CD...3 of them are download only.

The deluxe CD package - now featuring most of the album!

(Full disclosure: if you buy the "deluxe CD," you do get the songs via download, just not on the CD).
    So this is what I found
    "It should be noted that the interludes on track 3, 5 and 10 will not be on the physical CD and will only be listenable on the digital version of the album."
    OK, I can handle that. Those instrumental interludes are cool but as long as it's not an actual song, I can live with it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eerily accurate personality test: https://www.16personalities.com/

I'm this type: https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
    On average, Mediators spend more time listening to music than any other personality type.
    Gasp!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m an “adventurer” apparently. (I really don’t think I am)

https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw IT chapter 2 today! Liked it a lot! And I think that all those who enjoyed chapter 1 will like it as well. ❤
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw IT chapter 2 today! Liked it a lot! And I think that all those who enjoyed chapter 1 will like it as well. ❤
    Same, better or worse than the first?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd same SAME
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Eerily accurate personality test: https://www.16personalities.com/

I'm this type: https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
    On average, Mediators spend more time listening to music than any other personality type.
    Gasp!
    Advocate here. Which I think is on point.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's so accurate, it's mindblowing. At the end of their write-up they say "we didn't spy an you" and I'm like "YES YOU DID"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd same SAME
    I’m good with that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Being of the older generation these are the 'classical' musical compilations I am looking forward to if I can scrape enough money up to afford them all (Amazon prices):

1. Steve Miller, WELCOME TO THE VAULT, 10-11-19, $76.65

2. ZZ Top, GOIN' 50, 8-16-19, $26.99

3. Stone Temple Pilots, PURPLE SUPER DELUXE, 9-13-19, $49.76

4. The Doors, THE SOFT PARADE, 10-18-19, $59.98

5. Jethro Tull, STORMWATCH 4OTH ANNIVERSARY, 10-18-19, $55.56

6. The Beatles, ABBEY ROAD SUPER DELUXE (and other versions), 9-17-19, $89.80 (and other prices)

Please send donations to my 'Keep me in music fund', cash only please.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 775 of 971 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765 773 774 775 776 777 785 825 875 ... LastLast