Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 714 of 972 FirstFirst ... 214 614 664 704 712 713 714 715 716 724 764 814 ... LastLast
Results 17,826 to 17,850 of 24288

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Terry!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow congrats, Terry! I have to say your Grem Reaper makes me want a Gremlin.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's about the nicest purple car I've ever seen.

Random meaningless thought for the day - Why do banks of lights in movies (including TABLE LAMPS in the newest Jurassic World) make thumping sounds when they are turned on? I used to open a big shop and have to turn on all the overhead lights, and they never made that noise.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's about the nicest purple car I've ever seen.

Random meaningless thought for the day - Why do banks of lights in movies (including TABLE LAMPS in the newest Jurassic World) make thumping sounds when they are turned on? I used to open a big shop and have to turn on all the overhead lights, and they never made that noise.
    And in a similar vein... Why do explosive/bugging devices that get 'planted' in a hidden location ALWAYS have a flashing bright LED? Does no one ever turn the lights out in these rooms and wonder "what the hell is that flashing light under the desk??"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    All the best, RF. And I hope your son’s doing well, also.

Our fearless leader is recovering nicely and expects to be headed home in a day or so!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Our fearless leader is recovering nicely and expects to be headed home in a day or so!!!!

Eeek! Best tidy up!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If all goes well, I get released tomorrow. I appreciate the positive thoughts from everyone.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It must have been a serious hernia. I was in and out the same day. Hang in there.

Another random movie thought inspired by Josh Brolin chewing gum in SICARIO - I don't like watching people chewing gum on the big screen. It's distracting and somehow disgusting. I also find watching actors and actresses whose mouths hang open most of the time disturbing. There are flies out there looking for landing pads!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It must have been a serious hernia. I was in and out the same day. Hang in there.
    Yes. It was an impacted inguinal hernia. Should have been diagnosed long ago, but alas, my body always try the hard way.
    I had hernia outpatient surgery done 10 + years ago.
    In at 7am, out by 2pm.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this was interesting:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...y-library.html

John

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    This is my nightmare whenever I buy used books on Facebook.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

John
    Is Ebay or ABE safer? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Seriously though, ABE seems to more expensive then most places . I mean, I have books that if I go by their prices, it would be a huge difference compared to Betts, Ebay or even Camelot books. I'll stick with Dave .

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

John
    Is Ebay or ABE safer? lol
    Same fear actually. Just a little less with eBay and Abe because those sellers tend to sell more regularly. What worries me is some evil bastard on Facebook with a grudge. Or what about this? Some guy hides his LSD tabs in his books, ends up selling one of those books, and the tab falls out unbeknownst to me while I’m reading in my son’s playroom. Extremely unlikely but so are a lot of nightmares.

Today I go to see THE FIRST PURGE all by myself. I walk in, there are two people in there, about 1/4 of the way from the screen in the center of the row of a rather large, 360 plus seat auditorium. So I walk all the way to the back wall and sit in the middle, right under the projector, my favorite place to sit. I am there about 20 minutes after the advertised starting time of the movie. Nevertheless, I have to suffer through four more trailers, which I do not watch, except for one about murdering puppets I will avoid like the bubonic plague. They are playing the nifty little thing saying be the hell quiet during the movie when I spot an old white guy (like me!), coming up the long stairway to my left. From where I'm sitting, I can not even see the other 2 people there, way down below me in a large sea of empty seats. This guy stops, walks all the way across in the row in front of me, turns right, enters my row on the right, walks all the way down towards me and sits three seats away from me.
    Okay, it's a free country and the seats aren't reserved. So of course I get mad. There are about 250 places he could sit and neither one of us would be aware the other guy was even there! I stand up, say, "Son of a bitch.", not too loud, but loud enough, move six rows down and to the left.
    Am I being too sensitive? I don't know, but I personally would NEVER sit that close to a total stranger if I could possibly help it. I consider that being polite.
    And yes, I know, shame on me for seeing such an exploitative movie. But I've seen all the PURGEs so I wanted to keep my streak going.

My Mood
    Chatty

Today I go to see THE FIRST PURGE all by myself. I walk in, there are two people in there, about 1/4 of the way from the screen in the center of the row of a rather large, 360 plus seat auditorium. So I walk all the way to the back wall and sit in the middle, right under the projector, my favorite place to sit. I am there about 20 minutes after the advertised starting time of the movie. Nevertheless, I have to suffer through four more trailers, which I do not watch, except for one about murdering puppets I will avoid like the bubonic plague. They are playing the nifty little thing saying be the hell quiet during the movie when I spot an old white guy (like me!), coming up the long stairway to my left. From where I'm sitting, I can not even see the other 2 people there, way down below me in a large sea of empty seats. This guy stops, walks all the way across in the row in front of me, turns right, enters my row on the right, walks all the way down towards me and sits three seats away from me.
    Okay, it's a free country and the seats aren't reserved. So of course I get mad. There are about 250 places he could sit and neither one of us would be aware the other guy was even there! I stand up, say, "Son of a bitch.", not too loud, but loud enough, move six rows down and to the left.
    Am I being too sensitive? I don't know, but I personally would NEVER sit that close to a total stranger if I could possibly help it. I consider that being polite.
    And yes, I know, shame on me for seeing such an exploitative movie. But I've seen all the PURGEs so I wanted to keep my streak going.
    Absolutely not being too sensitive. I’d have just left thinking the guy might shoot the place up or something. I left a movie recently because a guy sat next to me and, no shit, started singing along with the song from whatever trailer had been playing. I thought ok maybe he’s just like that during the previews. Nope. He proceeded to comment on every line and acted like he was having a conversation with one of the characters at one point. I said screw it, got a refund, and went the next night. Luckily there was a Half Price Books next to the theater and that’s when I found that signed copy of The Passage for 8 bucks.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like to sit in the same place in theatres as you, Steve. I have this weird thing about people being behind me and I can't see what they're doing.

I think 3 seats away is enough space personally. Dude probably likes sitting in the back as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, i don't think you're being too sensitive at all. I, too, have had the same problem of being in a near-empty theater and someone walks in and, out of the hundreds of seats, chooses to sit right by me. This is becoming even more of an annoying issue (and really making me consider stopping going to the theater as much as a do) since my theater started the reserved seating business. Before, you picked your seats when you walked into the theater and, if you were a normal person with a halfway decent sense of personal space, chose to sit AT LEAST a seat or two away from other people. Now, the ticket person shows you a screen to pick your seats out of the ones available, making it more likely that you're going to have to sit next to a stranger shoveling in popcorn and Raisinets like they've never eaten before. It's nice to be able to reserve the seat you want days in advance, but if some asshole reserves one next to you, what's the point? You're stuck there.

I went to see Jurassic World (in what I thought was a safe enough time from its release to avoid a crowd) this week and had the pleasure of sitting next to a man the size of John Coffey who proceeded to bolt his feet up and down on the recliner for the duration of the movie, thereby shaking my own recliner. Not to mention allowing his coat-blanket to dip into my bubble. I came so close to saying something, but you never know what people are going to do. It's a shame we have to live this way, but you just never know.

I know that the movie theater is a public place where we all have to play nicely in the sandbox, but the lack of consideration for other people and their personal space really grates on my nerves. Especially when you're paying for the experience and the experience is ruined.

Also, there's more complaining fun to be had in our Movie Theater Experiences thread!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, score!!! Turned on the TV and lo and behold "Mercy" (Gramma) had just begun!!! Start popping the popcorn!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that you are over-reacting.
    Yes, he could have sitted somewhere else, but come on. He didn't sit just next to you, so what's the big deal?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS : in the Paris area, I pay 20€ per month and get unlimited access to cinema
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Three seats? Too close! Now if he had sat five seats away...
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I think that you are over-reacting.
    Yes, he could have sitted somewhere else, but come on. He didn't sit just next to you, so what's the big deal?
    +1 Next time, if it bothers you that much, just let a long juicy fart rip out and see what happens!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Next time I go I'll eat some beans first.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Next time I go I'll eat some beans first.

There ya go. Now you're cooking with gas!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 714 of 972 FirstFirst ... 214 614 664 704 712 713 714 715 716 724 764 814 ... LastLast